• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin get off opiates with NO withdrawals. id like to share some of my knowledge

Actually I think you might be the one acting out Sprout. You advised duced to see a Doctor for what you say are his delusions in his thread regarding H withdrawal, what is the medical problem that he should see a Doctor for?

And now you've further insulted him with your use of the word cockend?

I don't understand how this is reducing harm or supporting OP in kicking what you know to be a tough addiction. You're also a Mod, that role has responsibilities which to my knowledge don't include insulting members for their beliefs.

Sprout you have plenty of good advice to contribute as you've demonstrated in many posts, I just feel these comments are unhelpful and unnecessarily negative, I don't share ducednig's beleifs but I respect his right to have them and to be able to express them in his own thread. Take care man

Keep up the good work ducednig, you're doing great!

thank you for your support, i appreciate it so much..
I have nothing against Sprout, its actually great that he has been clean for months!

its the end of day 6, i been sleeping all day, but alot of rls as subsided, just alot of physical muscle and joint pain, stomach pains are going away, finally shitting some what solid poop. but i still can't really think straight and am still very sensitive to temperature..
have been eating alot of fruit and drinking lots of water, sure is helping alot.
i am not looking forward to doing any dope at all for the rest of my life time because i have learned, 1 usage, = 100% relapse (most likely for life).

thank yall for ur supports! ill keep updating!
pce.

You got the right idea man, you just gotta stick to your guns and don't ever give in to reckless thoughts or strong cravings. Because believe me when I tell you, and you will see down the line if you stay sober, the smallest thing in your daily life could set off a strong craving that, if acted upon in the wrong way, will lead to a domino effect of relapses. I like how you explained some of your past hobbies; those are the things you need to pursue again if they make you happy and help relieve stress.

I also find that exercise/working out helps enormously in reducing or killing off cravings, not to mention that I actually get a high off the fact that I'm improving my body in a healthy way and making myself stronger physically and mentally (I believe exercise requires actually 50% mental strength and 50% physical). And continue to eat a healthy diet and stay hydrated as you have explained you've been doing. Keep us posted on your progress. I'm actually about to do my last 4 bag shot before I start dosing at the methadone clinic tomorrow... So good luck to the both of us I hope.

thank you for your support, i appreciate it so much..
I have nothing against Sprout, its actually great that he has been clean for months!

its the end of day 6, i been sleeping all day, but alot of rls as subsided, just alot of physical muscle and joint pain, stomach pains are going away, finally shitting some what solid poop. but i still can't really think straight and am still very sensitive to temperature..
have been eating alot of fruit and drinking lots of water, sure is helping alot.
i am not looking forward to doing any dope at all for the rest of my life time because i have learned, 1 usage, = 100% relapse (most likely for life).

thank yall for ur supports! ill keep updating!
pce.

If you're hearing any voices in your head besides your own thought process and impulses and thoughts, then you should consider trying out a psychiatrist. I'm not trying to insult you, but hearing "demons" or "fallen angels" talking to you makes zero logical and scientific sense and is not normal. But i know that with these types of things delusions, you won't believe what i'm saying.

It is a mental illness developing though whether you want to believe me or not, i hope you stay safe.

Good luck, and I hope you succeed but you are nowhere near "rock bottom" and your addiction and withdrawal symptoms are very light if DXM is alleviating them. The truth is, everyone reacts different and there is no easy way to quit a substantial opiate habit. If anything it is dangerous to tell yourself that DXM eliminates your withdrawals, what will happen if you relapse and have money to support a bigger habit with better H and more of it? Thinking you have a quick fix or a safety net could cause your addiction to get to a point where no amount of DXM will help. You sound a lot like I did when I stopped opiates for the first time at around your age, I thought I knew it all and that I would stop forever. Dissociatives like DXM, Ketamine and MXE work for some people but believe me if you are in serious withdrawal a dissociative can make things much worse. I personally wouldn't even think about taking DXM while in WD because of some bad experiences.

Anyways, if you actually want to be one of the very few people that do not relapse, it will take years of dedication and discipline among other things. I don't want to sound like an asshole but I would bet against you now, solely based on the naivety of your posts.

Imagine you were an IV heroin addict for 30+ years doing 2 grams everyday and some teenager who does 90mg of oxy a day comes up to you and starts telling you how easy it is to quit and how he will never relapse. What would you think to yourself?

Don't take anything I said as an insult, its not meant to be, you seem like a nice kid and I wish you the best.

good to see your getting clean. not for mee though....i wish i could get some good H or black tar. all we have is MF -3. its an fentanyl analogue and pretty much the "crack "of the opiates.

If you're hearing any voices in your head besides your own thought process and impulses and thoughts, then you should consider trying out a psychiatrist. I'm not trying to insult you, but hearing "demons" or "fallen angels" talking to you makes zero logical and scientific sense and is not normal. But i know that with these types of things delusions, you won't believe what i'm saying.

It is a mental illness developing though whether you want to believe me or not, i hope you stay safe.

i dont hear voices in my head iol i just know when i get cravings, its not from my own thoughts, but thats just my belief. and no im not delusional lol.

is it day 7 or 8? still doing good, will keep updated.

Good luck, and I hope you succeed but you are nowhere near "rock bottom" and your addiction and withdrawal symptoms are very light if DXM is alleviating them. The truth is, everyone reacts different and there is no easy way to quit a substantial opiate habit. If anything it is dangerous to tell yourself that DXM eliminates your withdrawals, what will happen if you relapse and have money to support a bigger habit with better H and more of it? Thinking you have a quick fix or a safety net could cause your addiction to get to a point where no amount of DXM will help. You sound a lot like I did when I stopped opiates for the first time at around your age, I thought I knew it all and that I would stop forever. Dissociatives like DXM, Ketamine and MXE work for some people but believe me if you are in serious withdrawal a dissociative can make things much worse. I personally wouldn't even think about taking DXM while in WD because of some bad experiences.

Anyways, if you actually want to be one of the very few people that do not relapse, it will take years of dedication and discipline among other things. I don't want to sound like an asshole but I would bet against you now, solely based on the naivety of your posts.

Imagine you were an IV heroin addict for 30+ years doing 2 grams everyday and some teenager who does 90mg of oxy a day comes up to you and starts telling you how easy it is to quit and how he will never relapse. What would you think to yourself?

Don't take anything I said as an insult, its not meant to be, you seem like a nice kid and I wish you the best.

i understand u 100% however its ignorant to base someones maturity on the depth of their addiction, believe me im no "kid".

still appreciate all the support!

Duce: Hang in there... I am 20 hours clean, as I am working on tapering and trying very hard to make it to 24 hours, and your posts have been very inspirational. This is just my opinion, but I think you have a great chance at staying clean due to your spiritual beliefs. Having had over 10 years clean from cocaine and alcohol and then relapsing due to prescribed pain meds after a car accident, my spiritual beliefs really were the foundation of those 10 years sober. By ignoring others experiences, and relying on myself instead of being humble, I am now stuck with an expensive bill every month for pain management due to this awful addiction.

Duce: Hang in there... I am 20 hours clean, as I am working on tapering and trying very hard to make it to 24 hours, and your posts have been very inspirational. This is just my opinion, but I think you have a great chance at staying clean due to your spiritual beliefs. Having had over 10 years clean from cocaine and alcohol and ythen relapsing due to prescribed pain meds after a car accident, my spiritual beliefs really were the foundation of those 10 years sober. By ignoring others experiences, and relying on myself instead of being humble, I am now stuck with an expensive bill every month for pain management due to this awful addiction.

dude thanks for ur support i really appreciate it man u have no idea.

did u know there is a secret to overcoming ALL sickness and ALL pain? and EVEN addiction.... (with all the emotions too being overcomed)
yes it is a full on biblical belief, but 90% of Christians dont actually know what it means when it says "its not by our own flesh and blood but of higher principalities and etc..."
if u learn how to be able to distinguish that there are 2 separate minds in your head, and they both arent actually YOUR thoughts.
i dont want wanna spew out all this God stuff but Im a healing minister now, and once you totally understand the scriptures
Romahs 8 : 5-7 NKJ
and
James 1 : 8 NKJ (the bible states that people can be doubleminded (than that means they have 2 minds to access)
it only applies to people who Accept Jesus in their hearts, since they have all the authoriy over living sicknesses and diseases, to heal them, whether it'd be YOU and or Another.
HOWEVER.
Churches these days DO NOT even try to teach those two scriptures i mentioned because the newer translation is completely off (read NKJ or KJ only) and is hiding the knowledge to distinguish between what mind set is needed to truly walk in the power of Jesus, that is, that you will lay hands on people, and they will get Healed for sure. You have to really understand those two scriptures. And when people dont understand those two scriptures, thats when (even Christians) they go to the doctors for pain pills and benzos (WHICH ALL YALL CLAIM ARE DEMONs) because they are either uninformed of the knowledge and/or just have never went out to minister to ppl and heal.
if you feel like u wanna completely discredit my post feel free to do so as everyone has their different beliefs. But it even says in the bible that our Carnal Mind (romans 8 : 5-7 ) can not agree wit the existence, idea, and reality because that mind u got in ur head that you wonder why u even thought that is matter of fact, Hostile towards God, and bring ALL doubts to anything related to Jesus or the Supernatural.
Just letting you know
Lastly i am just informing you guys who are interested or open minded with supernatural healings that do happen (i respect yall that dont believe, love yall too)

Please watch the video on youtube by TOM LOUD - its called "The Day I learned NOTHING from Pete Cabrera Jr"
I have even healed many people too and am going to create a youtube channel to post up some amazing reactions from this men and women getting healed instantly! and I have already invested in recording equipment! (YAY FREE MONEY FROM NO HEROIN USE!!! lol)

I am at my 23rd -24th day clean! thanks for all you supports..
and sorry about all the Jesus talk... i just have a passion for what im doing now , if u get me haha.

ill update again soon, take care studddds

Last edited:
Hey congrats with getting clean! DXM would never work for me as it would leave me feeling even worse and without benzos i would probably end up with a panic attack. I would never want to "trip" during WDs but thats just me. I have my own WD practices that include seroquel, lope, xanax, vitamins, water, and as someone else mentioned very small doses of sub. Mixing certain variations of that i can stay clean for about 5 days then just ride out the restof my days. Im not sure if im ready to be sober yet though. I will be quitting before the end of March of this year however. Due to work i have to quit by then. Just mentallypreparing myself and trying to go on a fewbenders and get it out of me. Anyway good luck with continuing your sobriety!!! Ill keep checking back to see how your progress is going and i may not be religious at all but i still say prayers for people in the hopes that maybe it could possibly help even though i personally dont think it will you just never really know. However i know you are religious so just knowing others are praying for you im sure makes you feel better! Good luck buddy!

I started on DXM the day I decided to quit my 150mg oxy habit, just popped the 15mg tussin liquid pills 2 here, 1 there during the day while i tapered. I jumped at 20mg oxy 20mg hydro. I have had virtually no WD symptoms other than flailing around in bed for hours. no shits, no muscle pain, no sweats(sweats during taper) Once I jumped I got off the dxm and I used little bit of ketamine 2-3 times a day. Benzos were no help with sleep so just will toss and turn for a bit. 72 hrs and no interest in using and NO WD symptoms to speak of...I feel like a free man

I do the same thing with delsym which is dxm if I get sick. It does the trick.

I mean, if you can handle the trip and the heavy body load then yeah it works. So imo unless you can handle a trip but I dunno how it would go for other people.

I also dunno how healthy dxm is but it has been ok to me. I don't use it that often though.

What's Dxm?

Dxm

What's Dxm?

DXM is used as a cough suppressant, best I can remember from the reading I did, it either opens or closes the channel that causes tolerance and withdrawal. Taking pure DXM vs. DXM with other active ingredients is the way to go. CVS sells them in liquid caps 15mg. I would take 2 capsules 30mg an hour before taking oxy and then 1 a couple of more times during the day. Not enough to trip from the dxm which I did once by accident when I slurped down too much of the Delsym.

Congrats my dude! I have yet to try DXM to kick. I have robotripped so much back in there early 2000s the thought of DXM makes me cringe. I'm getting ready to kick a heavy Poppy seed tea habit and might have to add this to the arsenal.. I will have 12mg of subutex to help for the first few days and might try kratom after I run out of sub as well. I have kicked a mild oxy/dope habit before using a quick suboxone taper but the PST half life is so long it is hard to wait the full amount of time to prevent me from going into PWD. I tried to kick like 3 weeks ago and waited 40hrs after my last dose and took 4mg of sub. Worst night of my life lol sent me straight into precipitated WD.. I might try using DXM to get me through the first couple days before I can take the sub. You are an inspiration! Keep up the good work

Any other suggestions besides DXM? RLS and the lack of sleep always sucks. Has anyone tried the new RC barbiturates on the market? Etizolam?

.i used dxm last withdrawal and the lingering effects were mentally discouraging for weeks after. sub sub sub

I'm running out of opiates today. I have a big tolerance.
I've never used DXM for WD (or anything else except therapeutic)
I only have delsym which I thought wasn't advisable.
If I'm new to DXM but heavy WD what kind of a dose am I looking at?