• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin get off opiates with NO withdrawals. id like to share some of my knowledge

ducednig

Bluelighter
ok so i started with weed, ecstasy, needed xanax for ecstasy, tried coke and of course crack, and in the meantime i also dabbled with hydrocodones, and percs here and there in hs.
ok, than came college and i took some xanax and was curious of heroing
tried heroin @ 19 ( was already familiar with the feel of opiates, ya feel me ;p )
went thru xanax withdrawal, and ever since 2012 ive been addicted to heroin.
im in the nighttime of day 2 of my withdrawal.
many are probably asking, how deep of an addiction? not too much honestly, was at half grams of fire tar a day habit. (90mg oxy)
i was withdrawaling hard in the morning and by the evening, u know the shits, RL muthafuckin S, sweating, no jk its hot as fuck...
diareah

but
i took a 3-5 oz of delsym, 1 xany, lots of weed (synergizes he best with dxm) and lots of water, and vitamins.
oh yeah and a few loperamide, u wouldnt need too much cus the delsym with make all the wd go away lol.
i feel pretty damn good, just body aches, which i dont really mind, but i guess u can take ibuprofen for dat.
the more i smoke the less wd i feel and everything just gets better... the dxm + 420 combo is killer..

hmm i dont think ill be sleeping tonight either lol.

I do the same thing with delsym which is dxm if I get sick. It does the trick.

I mean, if you can handle the trip and the heavy body load then yeah it works. So imo unless you can handle a trip but I dunno how it would go for other people.

I also dunno how healthy dxm is but it has been ok to me. I don't use it that often though.

yeah, i got the runny chose like a mufka but no rls at all just feelin relaly good from delsym and not too excessive...
weed + dxm

oh and im feeling the delsym 5 oz tthat i extracted and drank with gatorade.
i feel so good right now ,,, but im on dat 38 hrs into withdrawal from a 3 year heroin addiction/
damn

yeah it doesn't exactly stop all the pain for me but it eases it

duude how far are u in in ur addition? cus i wasnt shooting up or anything but i had some pretty bad withdrawals and high dose delsym and mid dose benzo preferably long lasting will literarly mute the withdrarwal and youll feel goood even

I've met a couple people who abused a lot of DXM and are very young people. They fried their brains, not sure what DXM does to the brain but they're not as sharp as they once were and have crazy thoughts and don't really care about a lot of things... So be careful, as long term effects of DXM are unknown.

just an update guys..
its day 3 of wds. yesterday night i took the delsym and was in alot of fucking pain, once the delsym kicked in, it completely diminished the wds.
its the next day now, and i dont feel the dxm any more, but have very slight wd symptoms.
if i didnt think the dxm yesterday, i know for a fact id be in the worst state of wd right now, but for some reason it seems like the dxm shortened my wd duration?
idk.. i have another 4 oz extracted delsym ready if i notice the withdrawals coming back, but for now. im determined and know that im going in the right direction and quitting opiates and STAYING off.

and i mentioned how i said i might not sleep last night?

even on day 1 i cannot sleep, even with 2 xanax bars and a couple beers if im withdrawaling because the rls.
and yesterday was day 2, gettin much worse and i shall as hell would not have slept at all if i only took benzos...
idk what it was with dxm, but it also helped me sleep a full 6 hrs sleep? i took a bar with it but bars by it self doesnt help for me during wd so im guesing dxm masking the withdrawal also = ease of sleep?

Last edited:
yes i know exactly what ur talkingabout...
this is only my 3rd time doing dxm, the first was for a set of withdrawals i had a year ago, and another time just for fun.
and the 3rd time yesterday to combat my 3-4 years worth of heroin abuse withdrawals...
and it works wonderfully. i wasnt trippin or anything just felt like i was on an opiate really. lol
i took about 800 mg of delsym.

i took about 800 mg of delsym.

800mg of Delsym?
Depending on your tolerance, that's like a 3rd, possibly 4th-plateau dose, i.e. a fuckload of DXM.
Keep it up and you're just going to trade one addiction for another.

I hate dxm, but studies have shown it to lessen the duration and intensity of withdrawal to 3 days of less intense WD compared to 5+ days of more intense WD. It causes the WD to be less intense and peak earlier and have a lessened duration. (heroin)

I prefer tapering, and then using kratom+tianeptine, and downers like: valium, gabapentin, ~750mg soma, ketamine. If all else fails - lopermide and stool softners. Those stool softeners are malnurshing tho...

ok guys, yall need to do yalls research, 800 mg of dxm poly is 400 hbr / 400 hbr extended release for 12 hrs.
its perfect for withdrawal
i was at low 2nd plat for sure..
im not trading one addiction for another, i dont like dxm like it, but i like how it completely alleviates opiate wd symptoms.
i get annoyed of heavy dxm use so i stay away from robo because i never use dxm besides for opiate wd. and im sure after this wd, im not going back to opiates again cus i have hit rock bottom, i have so many stories, damn i know yall in the same boat.

What is a good staring dose of dxm for opiate withdrawal? I have never taken dxm i have a few klonopin and a few ativan as well as wax and weed those help but if adding a little dxm wont hurt i want to try it. Is there a possibility of things getting worse with dxm? Or is it one of those things where it either helps or it does not? I definitely dont want to trip during withdrawal that just seems scary to me.

Amazing how individual brain chemistry differs - DXM never did shit for my withdrawals. It does work to potentiate -codone opiods for me, but that's about it.

Gabapentin, on the other hand, eliminates almost all of my withdrawal symptoms. Throw in 8-10mg of loperamide and I've come out of some heavy habits with barely a scratch.

Glad DXM is working for you man. Before I discovered the miracle of gabapentin (for me), I had a couple of utterly hellacious cold turkey kicks.

Having only shot heroin 2-3 times 20 years ago (white crystalline powder) I don't really know how much my say 300mg oxycodone per day habit is in Heroin. Now I know what I used 20 years ago was a high quality product, I recall quite miniscule amounts would floor the experienced (addicted) user, the importer bringing it over (To Australia from SE. Asia) had been addicted to Heroin for over 20 years himself and he had to be careful - The big dealers who he supplied generally added the same weight again in cut and the gear was still considered excellent quality/purity....not sure how much cut was then added by the next layer of dealers but it certainly caused them to have a problem with too many shoe boxes of cash which would often be laundered through their own family businesses like corner convenience stores (Asians) and green grocer wholesale/retail businesses (Italians)........

anyway my 300mg oxy habit would not have been a half gram of that heroin but by the sound of your experience D.Nig my habit equates to 1.5 - 2grams of your Black Tar per day, which by going off everything I read on this site is a decent sized habit so it's fair to say in US terms I'm in for a fairly terrible WD if I went cold turkey. I'm just trying to gauge where I stand with all this shit and now after rambling on, thinking out loud as I often use BL for, I don't want to know how badly I've let this habit get on top of me. I'm waking up in the mornings feeling like absolute shit with only the very beginning stages of WD. Boy have a got a bad case of the "Regrets". Thanks for sharing your experience D. Big, you've helped me get my bearings.

Gabapentin, on the other hand, eliminates almost all of my withdrawal symptoms. Throw in 8-10mg of loperamide and I've come out of some heavy habits with barely a scratch.

You bring up a good point in relation to my opiate experience, I felt awful this morning which was only 11 hours after my previous dose of oxy which isn't long at all, usually I would feel equally as bad with 16-20hrs between doses, however, last night was the first night in probably 12 months that I haven't taken a dose of pregabalin (Lyrica) so that probably explains why I felt as bad as I did, if it's true then I can really say that Lyrica certainly has positive effects on opiate WD....in which case I'll be taking it for the duration of my taper and WD attempts. In 18 or so months, basically the length of time I've been on oxycodone, I have never gone beyond 25hrs between doses so I have never withdrawn - hopefully that will be an advantage for me when I WD due to very little exposure to the "kindling effect" which is often referred to on this site.

Mainlining crystal meth works pretty well to blast through acute withdrawal, I've found.

Either that or a mixture of marijuana, kratom & cough syrup :)

duude how far are u in in ur addition? cus i wasnt shooting up or anything but i had some pretty bad withdrawals and high dose delsym and mid dose benzo preferably long lasting will literarly mute the withdrarwal and youll feel goood even

Further along then you. I usually puke as soon as I get out of bed.

anybody else want to brain this guy with a volume of the canterbury tales?

While DXM is well known as a WD aid, you might wanna remember that ~90mg of Oxy is pretty much nothing compared to what many here use.
And if a half gram of Heroin is only equivalent to such a dose then I'm sorry to tell you but that's about as "fire" as what comes out of a hosepipe

<3