The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Generic Oxycontin in Canada (APO, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion would be that maybe some private insurance will be covering them soon, but definitely not government. I'd look for what companies would be covering them, but I doubt any have started yet. With the media so focused on oxy, its hard to tell what's gonna happen. I just read yesterday that the US will NOT approve any generic OxyContin that uses the old formula, and that generic companies have to make their own abuse deterrent features, and that Canada won't change their policy on that. But personally, I think there's gonna be a huge fight between us and the States because of that decision. Shit better not change, or I'll be pissed. Haven't even gotten to see any of the generics yet, and I'm in southern Ontario.

Yes I'm aware of what the FDA just did too. But I also did some searching online to find out if the same thing was going to happen in Canada, and what I found was that Canada POSSIBLY wouldn't go that route. Although this article is a few months old, that what I took from it. However it's not like this is a for sure thing.

Here's a link to the article if anyone is interested:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/11/11/generic-oxycontin/

"In fact, if Health Canada concludes the generic versions of the medicine are biologically equivalent to the already licenced, brand-name original, it has no choice but to approve them, said Richard Gold, a leading intellectual property expert at McGill University."

So yea I hope that they don't fuck around with the generics. The government needs to start covering that shit because a lot of people I know that have serious chronic pain are complaining about the effectiveness of these stupid Oxy-Neos. Why you gonna let people suffer? And if you want to get the generics you have to pay out of your ass since they aren't covered?

Ahhh...sometimes man...sometimes...

What blows my mind too is the fact that they think that "getting rid of the old oxycontin formula" is going to have much of an impact on the problem they are trying to fix. Do they really think, that people who had illegal access to oxycontin, don't have access to other opiates? Dilaudids..morphine..percs..fentanyl...etc. And then of course the main thing that a lot of them switched over to: heroin.

Do they really think this shit through?

Edit: I am also in Southern Ontario

just noticed this, i assume you were talkin to me

im a snorter

I was talking to you. You talking to me? HAHAA High on life, not, High In life. Mea culpa.
So do you agree with what I wrote? Most would say insufflating HM is a major waste. I think snorting oxy is a waste. I never used to.

Well i been getting these for the last week, and just got an 80, and ill tell you they are nothing like the old ones, i just snorted an 80 and barely feel anything, and i average a 20 or less a day, i just pop for my back and knee, some days i skip if i can do it. but wanted ot see what they were like and i wasted my money and my pill. Dont know what else to say.

Sadly I agree. I've done it a couple times now and both times it turned out to be a disappointment. I still say it tastes like laundry detergent!

i know lots of people say snorting hydromorphone is a waste cuz it should be IV'd blah blah blah but if you;re not a needle user then i dont see anything wrong with using your nose. needle uses will think snortin hydromorphone is a waste but i dont use the needle so no i see snorting hydromorphone as a viable option, i love it.

but maybe i just like to tickle my nose a little too much cuz i understand the whole oral v nasal Oxy arguement but i just prefer to snort oxy too, especially to takin it orally, im impatient, i dont like to wait, it hits nicely n comes up quick compared to oral, the BAs arent set in stone for nasal oxy use some reports show the BA goin pretty close to oral so honestly tho i dont care, everyone has there preference for one reason or another, if you paid for the drugs then use em how u want i guess. i mean i understand why some people wanna pop their oxy orally but i also totally understand why people like snorting it, opioids are nice drugs pretty much however you ingest em

only thing id personally disagree with what you wrote a few posts back is imo snorted oxy has slightly longer legs then snorted HM but maybe thats just me, but most of the time when i was using oxy i used it by itself (well not actually but not with any other opiates msot of the time), when i was gettin alot of hydromorphone regularly it was like my treat id buy myself along with the heroin n became a regular thing cuz the trap house that had the HM was just a few streets from the dope house so it became a regular stop for the most part, cuz mixin a few lines of heroin n hydromorphone was heavenly

Where's everyone been? No one has posted on here in so long! Lol still haven't seen any generics in my area (Waterloo Region), but have seen old ones around. Too expensive though. Can't believe what I read about the drug lab found in Montreal. Making synthetic coke, desmethyl fentanyl, oxycodone, speed, and a bunch of other shit. The tablet imprints they were using were even more messed (Tim Hortons logo, Facebook logo, and even the old CDNs). Just thought I'd post something since no one else has! Lol.

The new generic oxy's are available in Ontario. You must ask your doctor for for the "oxycontin" version as a new script or you may be locked into the oxyneo refill trap some docs prefer.. I find the new apotex oxycontin are exactly the same as the originals. Make sure your MD knows the bad effects you get from the neos because I have heard some MD's are hesitant to switch due to the bad press about the originals. Hope this helps.

Where's everyone been? No one has posted on here in so long! Lol still haven't seen any generics in my area (Waterloo Region), but have seen old ones around. Too expensive though. Can't believe what I read about the drug lab found in Montreal. Making synthetic coke, desmethyl fentanyl, oxycodone, speed, and a bunch of other shit. The tablet imprints they were using were even more messed (Tim Hortons logo, Facebook logo, and even the old CDNs). Just thought I'd post something since no one else has! Lol.
Im from southern ontario! From a small town called Sarnia an hour away from London and i've came across many they are APO 80s and W80s. The APO look exactly like the old 80s and the w80 is flat, wide, big circle. They both have the same affect anyways. I got really messed up off just a half of one, if it was oxy neos i would of needed 2 or 3 fulls of the 80neos.... The apo80s and w80s i have snorted and tested both which was successful, kinda hard to crush up! I tried smoking them "was not successful" and a friend tried injecting them, kinda successful. The powder from the 80 dont seem to cook, melt in the spoon, just a lil bit does, but u get high... Thats my experience so far! I miss the old 80s and honestly not such a fan with the.new generics.

Any luck yet? I've tried the generics a few more times since my last post. Still thinking the same about them.. meh. Really hard to find though and there doesn't seem to be a lot of demand. I always used to love insufflating oxys but now I can live without them. HM is much better. I had a choice the other day to buy generics or neos when HM wasn't available. I bought the neos.
Hope you found at least a couple just to satisfy your curiosity. I was feeling really bad for you!

Its cuz of all the lame junkies that i cant get my old pain meds (OCs) and have to use way more of this new chit that doesnt work nearly as well (OPs)! Im taking up to 3 and 4 times the amount and my stomach is phucked up as well as other shit that never used to bother me! Ive had over 40 major reconstructive surgeries putting me back together and im phucked using this bunk pain meds cuz the idjuts are all happy go lucky about getting loaded!

Glad you all are having a great time getting loaded while me and others with REAL/LEGIT medical issues are screwed cuz we cant get the meds that worked for us! I used to use 1-3 40s depending on where i was in surgery schedule and its gone thru the roof and i still hurt!

And ya ya i know phuck me cuz im saying it like it is! So all the junkies jump in and bitch like lil bitches! Come on, lets here it big men! I hope you never have to take this chit for real medical issues cuz believe me there is NO FUN IN TAKING ANY OF THIS SHIT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR HEAD HAS EXPLODED, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Makes me sick that I cant get meds that actually worked for me cuz of recreational user!! But hey people fight and die so you all can live in a free country! Free to screw chit up for people that are realy tore up and really sick that actually need the meds! Sound a bit bitter? Damn right i am! Glad you all are having a great time gettin loaded cuz i cant get the pain relief i used too especially without trashing the rest of my body! My guts are so phucked up from the OP chit its not even funny!

Party on all you happy kids! Hope you never get tore up and really need pain relief cuz its BUNK!

Last edited:
Any luck yet? I've tried the generics a few more times since my last post. Still thinking the same about them.. meh. Really hard to find though and there doesn't seem to be a lot of demand. I always used to love insufflating oxys but now I can live without them. HM is much better. I had a choice the other day to buy generics or neos when HM wasn't available. I bought the neos.
Hope you found at least a couple just to satisfy your curiosity. I was feeling really bad for you!
Still no luck. Only seen a few old ones, and others. But whatever, when they wanna show up, I'll be ready. Nice to hear from you though!

Its cuz of all the lame junkies that i cant get my old pain meds (OCs) and have to use way more of this new chit that doesnt work nearly as well (OPs)! Im taking up to 3 and 4 times the amount and my stomach is phucked up as well as other shit that never used to bother me! Ive had over 40 major reconstructive surgeries putting me back together and im phucked using this bunk pain meds cuz the idjuts are all happy go lucky about getting loaded!

Glad you all are having a great time getting loaded while me and others with REAL/LEGIT medical issues are screwed cuz we cant get the meds that worked for us! I used to use 1-3 40s depending on where i was in surgery schedule and its gone thru the roof and i still hurt!

And ya ya i know phuck me cuz im saying it like it is! So all the junkies jump in and bitch like lil bitches! Come on, lets here it big men! I hope you never have to take this chit for real medical issues cuz believe me there is NO FUN IN TAKING ANY OF THIS SHIT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR HEAD HAS EXPLODED, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Makes me sick that I cant get meds that actually worked for me cuz of recreational user!! But hey people fight and die so you all can live in a free country! Free to screw chit up for people that are realy tore up and really sick that actually need the meds! Sound a bit bitter? Damn right i am! Glad you all are having a great time gettin loaded cuz i cant get the pain relief i used too especially without trashing the rest of my body! My guts are so phucked up from the OP chit its not even funny!

Party on all you happy kids! Hope you never get tore up and really need pain relief cuz its BUNK!
I'm sorry that you're in that position, and that you have to deal with that. I truly am. But this isn't for bitching. I get you're upset, I do, but the junkies wouldn't have the access if people with the scripts weren't supplying. Plus, I'm assuming you're from the States, because you mentioned the OPs. Its not our (Canada's) fault that the FDA stopped generics from coming onto the market. Yes, there are people on this thread that use recreationally, but there are legit patients on here that even speak about using recreationally. I'm not taking anything away from you, because like I said, I understand you're upset, but we aren't the people who you should be venting on, in my opinion. I have chronic pain, but I'm not able to get a script because of the fact my doctor knows about my drug history. I fucked that up myself. But choose better on who you decide to attack on here.

I know its hard to work around the neo's, but what's the best way to get the max out of the neo's?

Has anyone noticed that the new generics seem a lot weaker than the oxycontin brand oxys we used to be able to get in Canada? Ive been getting apo brand generics recently and me and my friends have found just that.

Has anyone noticed that the new generics seem a lot weaker than the oxycontin brand oxys we used to be able to get in Canada? Ive been getting apo brand generics recently and me and my friends have found just that.
I wish I could throw in an opinion, but I haven't seen ANY. Only seen the old CDN's (which I can't find anymore, again), H, Hydromorphs, Dillies, and neo's. Its a huge piss off, cuz a lot of the time I can't even find hydro's or dillies consistently. I don't really mess with smack, never found it to be of any use to me. Was just a waste of my time, money, and was only a huge disappointment. I just wish I was able to find an opiate that I could actually enjoy and find. Well, oxycodone is my favourite opiate, but can't get any good formulas. Either perks or the neos. Sorry for the rant. Just sick and tired of this shit!

i wonder if this is only happening in canada or if some new generics are makin an appearance everywhere

This may have been answered already as i haven't gone through the whole thread, but the US government put huge pressure on the Canadian government to stop the making of the generics. Thankfully, FOR ONCE, our government didn't suck US government c--K and said, 'we're allowing the generics'.

I'd like to know why our government doesn't use the same arguments with the US gov. about all the US guns that come here and kill our citizens. There's waaaaaay more death by US gun here, then there will EVER be death by Canadian generic oxycodone CR (controlled release). And thankfully, for once, the Federal CONservative government's Health Minister told the US and the oxy obsessed Ontario Health Minister that she would approve the sale of generics, whether the US or Ontario likes it or not. Deb Mathews, who is a chronic pain patient's worst nightmare and who has no business in the health portfolio, since she claimed 4-500 deaths per year in Ontario via oxycontin, when the highest estimate was 140 deaths. (and most of those deaths only had oxy in their system and wasn't necessarily the cause of death....nice manipulation of the numbers Minister Deb Mathews). Why doesn't she site the number of gun deaths in one city alone was 89. Why doesn't she tally up all the provincial number of gun deaths, when 99% of the guns come from the states.........OH NO.....she'd rather fuck with pain patients. Just open more accessible drug hab centres, if you're "so concerned".

Sorry, for the rant, but I HATE our "Liberal".....I mean Fiberal Ontario government. They make the lives of the disabled MISERABLE. .....not to mention, they want to cut our benefits by a third, while they continue to delist all the medications that help many of us in chronic pain.

Sorry for the pre-rant, but yes......after much, far too much debate, the feds over ruled the whining of Ontario HealthMinister Deb Mathews, who tried to block the distribution of the generics (evil witch who doesn't understand chronic pain) and allowed for 6 companies to approve generics. I never thought I would thank the CONservative feds....but there ya go.

I just got switched yesterday, from the NEOs and the generics are FAR FAR better. No icky gel. My dose had to be upped on NEOs. And I'm super glad it's staying the same dose on the generics. Because they are stronger and work much better. I had my first real deep sleep in weeks last night, because my pain wasn't keeping me up. It was great. Sleep is so important when you have chronic pain. And I hadn't slept more than 30 minutes at a time. Waking up all the time and taking another 1.5 hrs to go back to sleep. Only to wake up after another half hour. Last night I had 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. And that's good for me. Not optimal, but certainly better than half hour intervals.

Just got some 60mg generic apotex oxycodone. Coating comes off easy , and crushes up beautifully. Just like the original oxycontin. Damn lovely

Wow I took me an incredible amount of attempts to register properly and get the questions right lol.

I've been a lurker for quite some time about various inquiries but had to register and post because I just went through this entire thread without seeing the consensus on which generic they like better!?

I've rarely used opiates as a teenager, began more as an adult as my drug of choice (i can't stand cocaine/MDMA) along with pot and scripted adderall.

In the past 6 months opiate use from casual to pretty regularly (although I stick mostly to Percocet and Supeudol 20s)

Never felt any withdrawl symptons except low back pain (although my tolerance lies around 40/mg before I start to nod out which i DO NOT like).

Turns out that low back pain was coming from some pretty nasty inflammation and herniation of lower lumbar discs.

Anywho I recently (past 2 weeks) sold my soul to the devil, the most regularly available and cost effective way for the nasty stabbing sensation in my low back is OC 40s, generics

I CALL THEM LEMONS, or Lemones (shout out to MTL!)

**WHICH DO U PREFER AND WHY??***

Ive only ran into Apotex and CDN but CDNS are considered far superior around my parts and are quite a bit more expensive than APOs.

I like the softness of the APOs easier to cut up (I'll usually cut into 1/4s, do a line, eat a chunk) CDNS were hard as a rock.

Have some CDNS on the way though I only tried a bit of those. What's your preference????

The new oxy generics will be covered sooner or later. It won't be long since they are already generic companies
Making the Oxycodone CR. I'm currently on HydromorphComtin, but I wish they came in higher doses. Intranasal use is the strongest next to IV when it comes to Hydromorphone. Well actually SC would be second strongest from IV, And Intranansal - third. SC =(subcutaneous). :)

They are definitely covered in Quebec, just walked home with a script for 60 10's (my pain issues aren't too hardcore...) by APO, and they are as described and if you google image search them you'll see them, also in other threads around here I've seen pics of the 80's by APO and they are exactly as described.

I just crushed and ate 5 10's....my jaw doesn't hurt anymore and I have a huge smile on my face.

And just for posterity...

pretty sure there arent many words of insult that make some sound stupider then callin someone a goof

It's a pretty common insult in the prairies part of canada, alberta, manitoba and the empty rectangle in between with a name I don't feel like typing. Propagandhi's singer and guitarist which are from Winnipeg often call people goofs, even in their songs, the best time is when it was directed to fat mike...cos it really fits the bill.

Last edited:
Well i been getting these for the last week, and just got an 80, and ill tell you they are nothing like the old ones, i just snorted an 80 and barely feel anything, and i average a 20 or less a day, i just pop for my back and knee, some days i skip if i can do it. but wanted ot see what they were like and i wasted my money and my pill. Dont know what else to say.

Troll post, most obviously, I never read people's post(s) ? when they pop out of nowhere with their 1 post to disagree with everyone else.

Anywho I recently (past 2 weeks) sold my soul to the devil, the most regularly available and cost effective way for the nasty stabbing sensation in my low back is OC 40s, generics

I CALL THEM LEMONS, or Lemones (shout out to MTL!)

**WHICH DO U PREFER AND WHY??***

Ive only ran into Apotex and CDN but CDNS are considered far superior around my parts and are quite a bit more expensive than APOs.

I like the softness of the APOs easier to cut up (I'll usually cut into 1/4s, do a line, eat a chunk) CDNS were hard as a rock.

Have some CDNS on the way though I only tried a bit of those. What's your preference????

Hey bro from MTL ;) You can still get CDN's ? those things were discontinued more than 1 and a half year ago. I'm happy with my 10mg APO-Oxycodone CR's, I have seen Pharmasciences with a P and the dosage in the back ( a 60) but my friend had 1 and one only so I understand I couldn't get it. CDN's sure were the bomb and we mostly got OxyNeo because of that cunt of a health minister in Ontario. There never was any fuss about Oxycontin in Quebec that's for sure. Although HM Contin and Dilaudid is too used a lot more indeed.

My only question is when the oxycontins disappeared and people were waiting for ...eww.. Neos, why didn't they use some Oxy IR's or Supeudols (same shit, different manufacturer)...sure they only go up to 20mg but those white footballs were my favourite opiate pills for a long time, i've used a lot of them at first when oxycontin disappeared.

Last edited:
Troll post, most obviously, I never read people's post(s) ? when they pop out of nowhere with their 1 post to disagree with everyone else.

Hey bro from MTL ;) You can still get CDN's ? those things were discontinued more than 1 and a half year ago. I'm happy with my 10mg APO-Oxycodone CR's, I have seen Pharmasciences with a P and the dosage in the back ( a 60) but my friend had 1 and one only so I understand I couldn't get it. CDN's sure were the bomb and we mostly got OxyNeo because of that cunt of a health minister in Ontario. There never was any fuss about Oxycontin in Quebec that's for sure. Although HM Contin and Dilaudid is too used a lot more indeed.

My only question is when the oxycontins disappeared and people were waiting for ...eww.. Neos, why didn't they use some Oxy IR's or Supeudols (same shit, different manufacturer)...sure they only go up to 20mg but those white footballs were my favourite opiate pills for a long time, i've used a lot of them at first when oxycontin disappeared.

Im sorry my guy calls them CDNS because they're most like the old ones, they're the WP40s, or WP80s
WAY Better than Apotex, notable differences in size and strength
Apotex is more fluffy and soft, the Coblalt WP40s are rock hard
Im not sure how to tell your DR to switch manufacturers? Ive heard of people switching from Neos to a generic and getting P40s which is another
Havent tried any other, not a fan of APO, i sometimes get nauseous and dizzy, alot of cheap junk fillers

Im sorry my guy calls them CDNS because they're most like the old ones, they're the WP40s, or WP80s
WAY Better than Apotex, notable differences in size and strength
Apotex is more fluffy and soft, the Coblalt WP40s are rock hard
Im not sure how to tell your DR to switch manufacturers? Ive heard of people switching from Neos to a generic and getting P40s which is another
Havent tried any other, not a fan of APO, i sometimes get nauseous and dizzy, alot of cheap junk fillers

I've never seen cobalt brand generics here, what is their usual logo ? I got medication in my life that started this way when generic : PMS-x, Teva-x, Apo-x, Jamp-x, Novo-x. Never seen other generic brand in my part of canada (Qc).

Status
Not open for further replies.