The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Generic Oxycontin in Canada (APO, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, had no idea the famous makers of generic vicodin (hydrocodone is ultra rare here, can be scripted as Hycodan....but almost always as syrup, at least it's pure..) actually owned a canadian generic company like that.

Something funny...my pharmacy when it serves Cobalt brand generics does not add a Co- before it, like I know others do. Cobalt is much more rare than apotex, pharmascience, novo-pharms, teva (goddamn jews closed their factory in Montreal, I get mad whenever handed Teva material...also, that's one less job avenue for me). I imagine none of the rest of Canada gets anything by Pro-x (Prodoc) as this is the homebrand of the largest pharmacy chain here, Jean Coutu (in Qc).

Well, I'm looking at this as bad news. Since the US can't shut up about us having old formulated generics, our new Health Minister, Cunt-face Rona Ambrose, is looking into either possibly outlawing generic oxy's or finding another solution, just as she did for the new Opioid treatment that Health Canada approved. She barred that down, and now she's looking to fuck with the generics. I wish Leona Aglukkaq had more time to be the Federal Minister of Health. This is just complete bullshit. The Conservatives are just completely ruining treatment. Surprisingly enough, the previous health minister was conservative as well, but everyone hated her decisions. But I agree with what she said before she stepped down, scientists and medical experts should be deciding what's safe and effective, not politicians. Cuz look what's happening, NOTHING. Can't wait for the next election, NDP knows what they're doing, hope they squash the Cons. And that's exactly what they are, Con Artists.

I've been taking the Apo 40s (perscribed) for about 5 months now. They're just as good as the original ones in my opinion but I hate the fact that they're not covered and I have to pay for them. I also take ir 10s which are covered. The neos were covered as well when I was switched to them but they suck. What I don't understand is why are the irs and neos are covered but the generic Apos aren't. Same drug but different rules. I don't get it. On the upside the Apos are about 1/2 the cost of the original crs but it still pisses me off that I have to pay at all.

^That's crazy, how do they justify covering the brand name Neos but not the generic Apos?

Like the whole damn OxyContin fiasco has been a conspiracy from the start.. I don't know who benefits though?
Maybe it's just an epic example of inbred craziness in the pharmaceutical world, played out along with the proliferation of the internet.

finnaly came acroos some of the generics in so ab .decent price 40s are like a 12 or 15 of good beer . they seem to be more abbundant but some people are chargin old prices after they discoinued tthem still .so it depends who ya know. h market seems to picking up round here as albeilt still pricey and it is pretty buffed by the time it makes it here ussualy but you might luck oyut and find quality for cheap. well see how these markets pick up as opiates are not a DOC round these parts everyone is ito stims so well see. took a long time to find these connects tho my advice is dont give up keep askin around eventyua;lly you will find somthing

, scientists and medical experts should be deciding what's safe and effective, not politicians. Cuz look what's happening, NOTHING. Can't wait for the next election, NDP knows what they're doing, hope they squash the Cons. And that's exactly what they are, Con Artists.

Spot on plus 1 and hero cookie for you!

Im hoping someone can help me. Im in Toronto and someone just gave me two pills last night and said that they are new oxy 80's. They are caps with nb on a green background the same colour as the old cdn's and they have a 1 on the white side of the cap. I think i got ripped off, but I didnt pay anything for them so it doesnt really make sense. I took one last night and one this morning. Ive been smoking fentanyl too so its hard to tell if I am getting anything from the pills but dont believe so. Has anyone heard of new generics?

All of the generics in Canada are tablets not capsules. So what ever they are they are not generic oxy.

Around London, On... Usually a gold mine of hydros, dillys and of course oxys. Mostly APO and CR, but the old CDNs have been known to pop up here and there. Not allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
^That's crazy, how do they justify covering the brand name Neos but not the generic Apos?

Like the whole damn OxyContin fiasco has been a conspiracy from the start.. I don't know who benefits though?
Maybe it's just an epic example of inbred craziness in the pharmaceutical world, played out along with the proliferation of the internet.

These days conspiracies aren't theories but just ongoing plots.

It's worth nothing the Neos weren't covered either in the province that caused all the oxy hysteria : Ontario, not sure what the status of it is now there.

I've had some PMS(Pharmascience, a potential future employer of mine heh) 60's and they were indeed perfect like them old cdn's recently. I "relapsed", I don't really count not taking suboxone for 3 days (thus saving them) since I randomly encounter opiates. I severed all contacts with my old pharmy dealers when I got on methadone last year. Even if I owed them money. Fuck them, especially the one whom I owed money to, who was a quasi-senile old construction worker (hence the tons of hydromorphcontins 30's, dillies 4's and 8's, oxys....even seen him eat HMC's 30's while wearing 2 fent patches) who would randomly forget and or change his prices. Like any fucking dealer of his kind, he raised prices of his dillies, which is what I was the most after, after giving me 'preferential" treatment for a couple years. More like not minding me getting hooked the fuck up. He doesn't have to shoot up anything when he can just eat 4 HMC 30's from 180 a month jars.

Sorry for the rant, grapefruit (actual grapefruits, eaten a couple) before eating xanax really fucking works and I'm disinhibiteeddd.

Hey "Ranchlands", are you actually in Calgary buddy. I grew up in Ranchlands and still there. BTW I just got the apotex 60mg oxy cr. I love em. Just like the old. Love that taste

My friend broke his knee snowboarding and has 90 80mg APO-Oxycodone CR's a month since 3 months, the way he broke it is sickening. Think Tuco on the skaters in Better Call Saul...

Sorry about mentioning price but I'm trying to see how much cheaper they are..I don't have coverage and payoutf pocket.so if its a lower price my doctor will switch me over..the oxyneo price is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.