Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Generic Oxycontin in Canada (APO, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMCWMC

Greenlighter
Iv been told recently that a bunch of new generics like APO are now available in Canada and are similar to the old formulation CDN 80's that you can crush and snort or swallow to eliminate the time release, as opposed to the OxyNeo formulation that make it impossible to beat the extended release.

I'm just wondering if this is true or not, I called a couple pharmacies and they seemed to think the new generic formulations are going to be the same as the OxyNeos; impossible to beat the time release.

Anyone have any information or come across any generic Oxys yet in Canada? If this is true I would like to switch my prescription from the Neos to the old formulation because the Neos make me sick in the morning, they are extremely hard on my stomach.

Thanks!

I've heard this too, I actually kept forgetting to google it, thanks for reminding me.

I think they are doing this because of all the out-cry from the general chronic pain patient community, as it really is true that the new OP/oxy neos are LITERALLY about a third as effective (if even that) as the pre-OP oxycontins. 10mgs of an old oxy 80 got me decently high, and I could dose another 10mgs every 4 hours and make it last like 2 days, always feeling a nice high all day long.

Yet, when I tried one of the new 80's, I cut it in half (still basically as opiate naive as I was when I was using 10mg doses of a few old oxy 80s I got my hands on), popped 40MGS of it orally, and felt dick all. So then a few hours later I popped the other half, and finally got a mediocre high. I would choose two fucking percocet 5mgs over an 80mg of this "abuse proof" fucking garbage. (more like fucking broken-fuckhead "I don't fucking work properly"-proof) Oh wait, that is actually exactly what they are, without the -proof at the end.

I feel so bad for all the pain patients who suddenly needed 3x their dose to get the same pain relieve because of how shit the OP's are, but obviously weren't gonna get a dose increase like that from a doc, so they got fucked completely and basically had their dose suddenly reduced by 66% and are told that these are the exact same amount as your old pills. Yea, and I'm jesus christ himself. Then these people who have basically been gold mines for the pharma companies have to go through some nasty withdrawals to adjust to their new, essentially much lower dose that doesn't fucking work well for their pain anymore. This formula is so fucking disgusting people are shitting out the pills whole, its like they made them out of plastic. I bet you a ton of the oxy never gets released.

Anyways, I've heard generic oxycodone will be hitting canada soon as well.

ps. sorry about the rant.

yes the generic oxycontins are back in up to 80mg tabs. theyre slightly larger than the old ones and neo's and have a different print. theres 5 dif companies making them but ive only seen the apo's. they can be snorted or used just like the old ones, theyre great. btw im in toronto

^ Any links to support that statement?

is the fact that i had 3 of them last night enough ? :p Also saw a few last week. Theyre the same color, but a TAD bigger and have APO printed in 1 side, with "OCD" or something like that, 3 letters ontop with "80" below it.

the wax comes off just like the old ones and they crush the same, produce the exact same effects when snorted, takin orally... and ive been told they can be iv'd just the same (i personally cant say so cus i havent done it) but theyre here.. as soon as 3weeks ago. Ive only seen APO brand but ive been told theres up to 5 different brands making them... will take a pic/upload tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wonder if this is only happening in canada or if some new generics are makin an appearance everywhere

That would be fucking awesome. I can't even tell you how happy that would make me

i wonder if this is only happening in canada or if some new generics are makin an appearance everywhere

Didn't the FDA make some kind of new law saying that all ER opiates had to have the appropriate anti abuse mechanism in them?

^ That's what I was saying. If the FDA made Purdue change the mechanism to make it more abuse proof, why would they allow generics to get by easy?

^ That's what I was saying. If the FDA made Purdue change the mechanism to make it more abuse proof, why would they allow generics to get by easy?
purdue has sold the rights to apo and a few other companies, the generics ARE on the street because im seeing them... and have been seeing them for the last 3+weeks. (in toronto) theyre just as recreational as the original purdue oc's

I can say I did just google this topic....If the US drug czar is telling the border patrol to watch out for generics, then you better believe they're going to hit Canada and they are probably already here...Jeez, I couldn't tell you how bad this makes me drool...Fuck, a crushable, old-school oxy...I will refuse to believe it until I see it, but being in KY, I got a good feeling I'll see it...maybe...hopefully!

Ahh, if only our government would be this lax :X Well done Canadian's!

^^wait so your sayin these generics are in the US n getting smuggled into canada?

cuz that first post made it sound like they're coming out in canada n we'll be lucky if they get smuggled to the US, that is if they arent being scripted here

I've had the new APO generic Oxycontin 80's here in Canada, and they are fucking awesome. Just like the old CDN formula we used to have. And, honestly, out of all the generic companies in Canada, APOTex us the best.
They are same colour as the old CDN 80's, slightly bigger in size perhaps. I took a few pictures off my iPhone 5, but i'm not sure if you can still upload pics or not? Anyway, they say APO on one side, and on the otherside they say "OCD". APO was the first company to jump on the wagon for the generics. The other companies do not have their generics out quite yet, as they are a little scared about the "abuse tactic" bullshit.

Because are OxyNEOs are horseshit, just like your U.S OPs. But the new Oxycontin APO 80 generics are awesome, perhaps even stronger than the brand name. I have found APO to have some of the best products bar none, better than brand name on some things.

I can upload the picture I took of the APO OC 80mg, but I forget how to on here. Do I have to upload to imageshack?

Great news, just hope they aren't going for the same price as they were before. When the Neo's hit the streets the original OC's were going for insane amounts. Its been a while since I've had one of these. An 80 would last me like 3 days.

I can upload the picture I took of the APO OC 80mg, but I forget how to on here. Do I have to upload to imageshack?
You can upload an image that's fine, but yes you would have to use a 3rd party hosting sight like imageshack or photobucket

I talked to my guy yesterday about the different generics that are up in Canada. He has connections all across the northern part of the US and the East coast as well. He's going to look into this, he knew they were coming out. The only problem was is the tight security at the US/Canada border. He knows of other people that have been successful at smuggling and others that have failed miserably. Basically, he said if he could get up with the right people, he can get them here. But it will take time. Thanks again Canada, you may make my day here in a few months! I can't wait.

If I can't get them brought down to this part of the country, I've got people in Detroit that would happily let me go visit Canada with them for a nice road trip. If my first idea don't work out, I'd say I'll be going to Canada in the near future. But since I just found some old-school Opana's that will be around for a little bit, I'll use them up and then work on the generic OC's. I'm glad you Canadians are getting to enjoy the old Oxy buzz. I loved those damn things. There was no better ritual than taking a hose clamp, removing the coating, and shaving up a whole 80 to get my day goiing. I know the US won't follow suit in this endeavor. My only hope is after these Opana's are gone, I can get my hands on the IR Opana's or get the generic OC's from Canada. Either way, my drug connections have went from doing well to fantastic in the last couple of days. Luck like this won't last forever, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Great news, just hope they aren't going for the same price as they were before. When the Neo's hit the streets the original OC's were going for insane amounts. Its been a while since I've had one of these. An 80 would last me like 3 days.

I would assume that the price would be the same in your area. I know when the original OC came out, the prices were alright. Then, when everyone caught on, it got expensive. They called it hillbilly heroin, but there were not many hillbilly's who could afford to do this drug. If an 80 could last you three days, I applaud you sir for that effort and willpower.

I still wish I knew about oxymorphone when the OC's were around because I could've gotten them cheaper and they are at least twice the strength. But I would still love to get that taste in the back of my throat one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.