• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

fucking fucking fuck.. the abortion issue of late

lostpunk5545 said:
Shit, you mean an outdated obsolete piece of literature written 2000 years ago doesn't cover modern issues... Fuck :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this....

but that's for another thread ....

:)

Winterborn said:
^ Cmon do we really need stupid comments like that?

Btw, what religeon do you belong to?

A) Yes we do

and

B) No religion. Didn't think it was neccesary.

C) Before you start bagging out my lack of literary influence (of which I thought was not a problem - though obviously I'm not a fan of religious literature hence lacking the prerequisite knowledge for an in-depth argument on the issue - try talking evolutionary biology with me and you will get a more informed response) prove to me that the bible isn't a 2000 year old obsolete book. Words on a page, that's all it amounts to - and seeing as I've just shown I'm capable of putting words on a page I think it's time people start worshipping or reading my writing everyday and basing their daily philosophies on it.

^ That's a fairly broad generalisation. Some pro-lifers base their arguments on the fact that they just don't like the idea of abortion, and aren't religious at all. Or are religious, but have no religious reasons for being pro-life.

Unwanted babies and children are abandoned and left to die every day. In cave man days, people would abandon or kill their young if they couldn't look after them. Limiting safe, medical abortions will just see us finding more babies in garbage bins.

I think an abortion can be the kind option.

Wow, heated topic and i think i'm coming into it a bit late as everything seems to be covered. there are alot of people i would like to quote and say something to but there is just TOO many comments i want to comment on so i will just say i generally agree with anna and breakabeat (well a mixture of both)

Speaking as a single parent who was a teenage mum i will say that age has nothing to do with being a good mum. I know many kids with parents twice my age and to put it bluntly they are little spoilt shits that only care about themselves. (don't worry this isn't the bit where i will list just how fucking awesome my kid is because you have all heard it enough already =D)

I don't believe in abortion being used as a contrceptive. I believe if you make your bed you lie in it (and that goes for BOTH parents) - unfortunately if parents split and the mother has full responsibilty the father gets used to being a part time dad and having his 'freedom' and thinks that they don't have that much responsibility anymore... pffftttt (and i'm talking generally here as i know there are dads on the forum that make the effort to spend lots of time with their children)

I don't agree with having abortion just because the child won't fit into your life. BUT i also don't think you shopuld have a child if you will have no love for them and resent them. It will have a a huge impact on them as they grow up :(

I'm not and was not financially ready to have my son at 16 and no one around me was confident enough that i would do a good job.

But my son is healthy, happy and loved :)

I guess I've always felt that 'life' is somewhat more complex then breathing or rotting. There are degrees of being alive.
My nanna wanted to abort my mum, unfortunatly, she didn't succed and my mum was born premature, was subsequentually neglected, unloved and treated quite frankly like a piece of shit. The absolute agony of my mothers life is something I neither can nor ever wish to fully comprehend.
She was repeatedly sexually abused and raped from an age she can't even remember, she was beaten sometimes to the point of blacking out, and was severly verbally abused, so severly that at 50 she's still quite screwy. I don't care how many abortions my nanna had (and she had a few.) I think she had one too few. Abortion isn't just about irresponsible lazy sluts who should have been more careful(which my nanna certainly was.). It's just a little more complex then punishing the irresponisble, what about the children? What about the KIND of life you are 'pro', will it be good? will it be happy? will it even be worth living?
I firmly belive abortion should happen MORE often. This is a childs life we're playing with, children are realy fucking amazing, they deserve an equally cool life, one in which someone loves them and values them and really really wants them. Do we realy want to give anymore babies my mothers life, do we really hate each other so much that we want to do that to any more children?
Fuck this shit about mothers, what about the poor kids?

One thing that worries me about people 'taking responsibility for their actions' by not having an abortion is... essentially, that makes the new life their PUNISHMENT for getting pregnant.

That's not very fair for anyone. What kind of future can the child look forward to, if their only reason for being is that Mommy and Daddy have to put up with their Mistake?

well, abbott achieved his objective...

tonight

Insight
7.30pm - 8.30pm | SBS
Current Affairs

ABORTION
Spearheaded by Tony Abbott, abortion has become a topic of debate once more, if not among the general population certainly among columnists and politicians. While nobody appears to be calling for a ban, there is some disquiet about the number of abortions conducted in Australia each year, as well as the fact that a small proportion of these are late-term abortions. What is late term abortion, how many are performed, under what circumstances are they performed, should they be seen as exceptional?

source:sbs

i know this is quite a sensitive topic for a lot of people and I don't expect anyone to answer the question that I am about to ask...

but have any of you actually been personally affected by someone having an abortion?

well.. I am going to do the brave and probably stupid thing and say.. I have had an abortion.

It was not an easy decision. I remember having a conversation with some girlfriends in high school when doing a social edcuation class, and the question of abortions was raised. Would we have one? Were we against it? Is it wrong or right?

I don't think anyone can really answer those questions until they have been placed in that situation. And at 16 that was my only response to that question. By 21 I was pregnant. I grew up in the philippines with a roman catholic background, even though I was not practicing my background made things uncomfortable for me.

I got pregnant by accident. I was on the pill and we didn't use a condom for the first time ever after seeing each other for a month and 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant.

What made me choose abortion?

I was 21. I was in a emotionally abusive relationship. We had only been together for just under two months. I was in my last year of university full time in Sydney two states away from the rest of my family paying $500 a month in rent and working 20 to 25 hours a week just to be able to feed myself.

I chose abortion because I knew I was not going to be able to give the person living inside me the life that I wanted for him/her. I knew that if one day i chose to have a child I wanted to be able to give it the best that I could.. give it all the time that I could and make it know that it was loved in any way I possibly could.

If anyone can hold my decision against me and tell me that I have done the wrong thing, then thats your opinion. I feel that I have done the right thing, for me and especially for any child that should be brought into this world.

*much love + respect* dicey for sharing that. Nice to see you posting again :)

Good luck with everything for future.

wazza already said it, but...

much
24.gif
and respect dicey, i'm sure that wasn't easy to post.

One of my friends happened to go on a drunk and disorderly fuck session with another of my friends, and what then came of that drunken night was my friend becoming pregnant. Seeing as though she has/had systs on her ovaries, she has a 1 out of 5 chance in falling pregnant, and if an abortion was going to be the answer she would have an even more unlikley chance of falling pregnant. In the end, by her decison she had an abortion. And now feels like she is a murderer. But I think that it was the right choice to abort because she wouldn't have been able to look after the kid, of course she would have had the support, but the mental sides of things she wouldn't be able to handle. So therefore aborting was a good decison... but I still think that it's wrong.

I stand by my opinion that people shouldn't experiance the act of love untill they are in love. I mean look at what happened here.

[Excuse the rant people]

I am pro-choice. If they dont want girls to get abortions then they should make other choices more attractice. The government could give more support to pregnant girls who want to either put the kid up for adoption, or who want to raise it without the fathers/family help. If a girl wants to abort due to financial or emotional issues, then the government could help support her with those issues. But to make abortion illegal is insane, it wouldnt stop. It would just create a black market, resulting in it happening in unsanitary and shady conditions without a doctor. Girls can and have died from illegal abortions. Great pro-life there. Whats more, I watched the debtate on TV and all those pro-lifers could do was say how the skull are crushed. They got nothing to support their decision other then sensationalist garbage. Yeah, its crushed and thats a sickening image but its probably the most humane way. A quick and painless end for the fetus. In the perfect world woman wouldnt get abortions, and 13yr old girls wouldnt either, but if you make the other choices more attractice then only a small amount of woman would take the choice for abortions.

I'm in favour of abortion. To me the issue is just black-and-white. The girl has to be responsible for feeding, clothing and paying for the child, so she can also chose NOT to have to do this.

I mean, it's not as if it's a living, feeling human, or a valued life...so whats the big deal?!?