• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

fucking fucking fuck.. the abortion issue of late

Pseudo G if you had read all my posts you would have realised that

- im pro-abortion for a minority of women that should have access to it. Like women who would not be able to lok after a child as determined by psychological assessment. Women who have been raped. Women who cant financially support a child. These are regardless of age.

What I am trying to say is that it is not EVERY womens right to chose. As I have outlined above, they are the only circumstances I could think of where women should be allowed access to abortions. There certainly could be others and I think that my first one, where women are psychologically assessed as being unble to look after a child would cover a lot of scared young girls.

What I am saying re: your last point is that women need to understand that sex is a responsibility. Having unprotected sex is going to lead to possibly becoming pregnant. Women, instead of using the fallback of abortion or the morning after pill, need to at the very least recognise this responsibility and take measure to ensure they dont get pregnant. Like making teh choice to use birth control or a using a condom.

That is where the choice lies and the consequences of those choices.

This idea that women want to avoid that very easy responsibility with this fall back of having such easy availablity to abortion is what disturbs me.

If you need any further clarification, please post away !

I posted this previously

Having said that, I also (like some previous posters) think that if women are given the right to choose, they should also have to seriously undertake the responsibility to take precautions so that they reduce the chances of them having to make that choice.

Women that choose to have an active sex life while not undertaking effective forms of birth control for reasons such as "It gives me a bloated stomach" or "It feels better without" should not be allowed to use abortion as a safety net or fall back option in the case of them falling pregnant.

And you replied

I disagree.

Fair enough. Perhaps you were not referring to my post previously but as far as I can see your opinion is similar to mine in terms of women being responsible for their actions, choices and bodies.

Pseudo G said:
I believe that women should have the choice to have an abortion. It's their bodies, it's their choice.

This I disagreed with. Not every womens choice.. but I dont think that I read this ...

Pseudo G said:

Having said that, I also (like some previous posters) think that if women are given the right to choose, they should also have to seriously undertake the responsibility to take precautions so that they reduce the chances of them having to make that choice.

Women that choose to have an active sex life while not undertaking effective forms of birth control for reasons such as "It gives me a bloated stomach" or "It feels better without" should not be allowed to use abortion as a safety net or fall back option in the case of them falling pregnant.

Which I agree with entirely
=D

Originally posted by BREAKaBEAT
im pro-abortion for a minority of women that should have access to it. Like women who would not be able to lok after a child as determined by psychological assessment. Women who have been raped. Women who cant financially support a child. These are regardless of age.

I agree with this in theory but then we get into the whole debate of what makes someone able to financially support a child. I think in reality [with the help of government benefits] everyone could support a child but it may not be in the way someone wishes to actually raise their child.

it shouldn't even come down to money, I don't see why everything is all about money???

it should come down to care and protection of the child, it doesn't matter if you drive a Gemini or you drive a BMW.

if you don't care for the child, you shouldn't be having unprotected sex.

BREAKaBEAT said:
Oh my god I am totally not getting into a us and you fight.

Dont even expect me to bite back - I was only replying to SS.

and I was just making a point

I think every girl, from the age of 16 or whenever she started to have sex, has considered whether or not she'd have an abortion if she fell unexpectedly pregnant.

I don't know about every other girl, but for me that answer has changed probably 20-30 times back and forth between 16 and now (29).

When I was 16, even though I was in my first real "loving" long term relationship, I would have aborted. That would remain true right through my uni days until I was about 20-21, although I had many internal conversations with myself back and forth during those four years about the pros and cons.

I would never judge a young woman trying to get her education and make a life for herself who *honestly* (there's the key) made a mistake, getting an abortion - provided she'd seriously taken precautions previously.

There's no excuse for being slack "oh but I just missed a couple of pills", or "oh my, the condom broke but I didn't think I'd get pregnant" or "I'd just had my period!"... there's WAY too much information out there now for those things to be a valid excuse. In those cases I'd understand, but still feel a little bit resentful that a child had to lose their chance at life through ignorant stupidity.

Now, at my age (29), and probably honestly for about 5 years prior to this - if I got pregnant through some FLUKE of nature (I'm on the pill, rarely ever miss), I would keep it. I don't think it's fair or responsible to abort a baby I could afford to keep, especially when I know I want kids in the future. I would be upset and completely de-railed, but I'd handle it.

But... I like the fact that I have a choice.

So I guess, in a way, I'm agreeing with both sides: I vehmently love the fact that women in Australia aren't living in the 1950's and can choose not to fuck up their lives and that of their kids at 15, unmarried and financially unstable.. but I also abhor the stupidity that leads to these kind of situations.

Education and FREE access to birth control, is most definitely the answer.

RiseGurl said:
A cockroach crawling around ur living room is a pest. Kill it.
A baby whom u have no real care to look after and support is a pest. Kill it.

:)

I'm sorry, I completely disagree with that RiseGirl, I think that's a horrible way of thinking about this situation and I'm genuinely surprised at your attitude. I'm no pro-lifer, but your analogy of children as "cockroaches" absolutely offends me.

up all night said:
Originally posted by BREAKaBEAT
im pro-abortion for a minority of women that should have access to it. Like women who would not be able to lok after a child as determined by psychological assessment. Women who have been raped. Women who cant financially support a child. These are regardless of age.

I agree with this in theory but then we get into the whole debate of what makes someone able to financially support a child. I think in reality [with the help of government benefits] everyone could support a child but it may not be in the way someone wishes to actually raise their child.

All you need is love.

im of the opinion that while the foetus needs its mothers umbilical cord to survive, then its TOTALLY up to the woman and her partner what they want to do with it..... if the child literally cannot survive even if they performed an emergency caesarian and put it up for adoption, i dont consider it alive, and therefore its the mothers choice

like the babies know what they are missing out on if aborted anyway.... i cant believe so many ppl make such a big deal out of this issue..... its not even an issue for me, i feel the mother has the right to abort whenever she wants while the child is still exclusively dependant on her to survive

can be put up for adoption, live with father, grandparents etc..... i mean literally, as in could not survive another second without its mother.... once it has reached the point where it could survive outside of its mothers body, thats the point where i believe it obtains the rights of a human being...... prior to that, i see it as the mothers choice to do whatever she feels is necessary

Naughtiest_Maximus said:
^^^ Even after birth is a child not exclisively dependant on it's mother for survival?

Yes, and some would argue that the function of love is what keeps the child alive.

Yes. The function of love as an emotion that bonds child and mother so that mother has a motivation for caring for child until child is independant.

but IMO, most mothers that don't have that prior to giving birth (while pregnant) usually won't have it at all.....