• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Forrest Gump VS Pulp Fiction VS The Shawshank Redemption

which one?

• Total voters
Its true. Forrest who is retarded, had to raise a AIDS baby what a heavy burden to carry.

We can only assume Forrest jr died from complications with the Aydes a few years later. Pretty sad really

It isn't a certainty that a mother will pass AIDS to her offspring if she is already infected while pregnant.

It's pretty likely, though. I read recently that the chances of a mother passing the infection to her child is something like 1 in 3, and that's with all of the modern pharmacological advancements made in the past 30 years or so - without the drugs the chances are much higher.

It's even more likely that Forest is infected since the scene where he and Jenny first have sex (probably before she knew she was infected) was completely spontaneous, so he probably didn't use a condom.

^not really.

little forrest was of school age by the time he was introduced. jenny could have easily contracted the virus in that time, especially considering the demons she carried. so, it probably took place after his birth, making this extraneous and pointless plot point you're going for entirely moot.

They are 3 completely different movies in 3 completely different genres. You should have put movies that are similar together. Personally I love pulp fiction (And it will be the winner of this poll for sure) but shawshank has more thinking, more emotional thinking, than pulp fiction. The way that it makes you feel, think, and view prison is different.

Also, I recommend watching Felon. It's about a white guy who goes to prison and has to join the woods (A co-op gang with the aryan brotherhood) and it's more similar to pulp fiction (not quite the same genre though, pulp fiction has more humor). If anyone is like me and has and would beat someone half to death to protect or fend for a loved one would definitely relate. It wasn't a popular movie but everyone I've ever had watch it has loved it. It used to be on netflix but if you can download it or watch a trailer do it. It's a great great great movie.

Last edited:
@L2R indeed

Jenny didn't tell forrest she was sick until he came to visit her. Several years had passed between little forrest's conception until it was revealed she was sick, which was plenty of time to contract AIDS after forrest jr's birth.

yeah, either that or it wasn't aids after all and she was bitten by a radioactive zombie vampire, and due to her love of garlic bread ate herself to death.

I would still like to believe they all contracted AIDS and died because I kinda hate the movie, and since it was never explicitly stated otherwise, I will.

yeah fair enough.

pretend like philadelphia is the sequel and watch them in a row :)