View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time LSD dosage. 100ug vs 200ug.

raindancemaggie

Greenlighter
I can either take 1 or 2 tabs, each containing 100ug. I won't go into how I know the actual dosage, but let's just say I know for sure. Being a first timer, I don't want an overwhelming trip that will end up badly. What would you guys recommend? I guess I could also take and a half, so that's an option as well. So. 100ug vs 150ug vs 200ug. Go.

Side question - what does the average lsd blotter sold on the streets contain? Some friends have recommend 2 hits for the first time, but they might be used to weaker hits.

unless you have a HPLC and a certified reference standard of LSD you do not "know for sure" your tabs are 100ug, you can only go off of whatever your dealer tells you...
Tabs are ususally sold as 80-250ug but to be honest nobody has done any good studies in recent years

Depending on your past experiences with psychedelics, if you don't want a strong trip limit yourself to 100ug.

I should have mentioned my past experiences. Sorry about that. I've done mushrooms 4 times, although the last time was a couple of years ago. I also have tons of experience with weed (which I consider to be a mild psychedelic.)

As far as dosage goes, a trusted individual had them tested and can assert that they are indeed 100ug +/- 5ug. Now that you know my past experiences, would you still recommend 100ug? Would 150ug be that much more intense?

In my experience 100ug of acid is a joke if you want to trip. If you take 100ug at least don't take it alone. It has some social potential but alone it will do nothing.

lsd i quite different too psilocybin.

start with one see how you go and you can always increase it next time. or you could just eat two and risk losing your shit and crying like a baby. are you a gambling man?

If you take 100ug at least don't take it alone. It has some social potential but alone it will do nothing.

why is this? i think tripping alone is good and i can trip nicely from 100mics. remember the dude is a first timer. are you sure what you had was actually 100mics and not just sold as 100mics?

If you have never doene psychedelics of any sort before, try 100ug. You can always take it again later if you aren't pleased with the intensity

Would 150ug be a good compromise?

How intense is a 200ug trip? Will I be able to carry conversations normally (with other trippers)? Will I be able to walk around without falling over?

your fishing...what do you want to hear? and by the way how long is a piece of string?

hahaha i guess I am fishing. I don't want to do 100ug, but I'm afraid 200ug might be too intense, which is why I asked about the specifics of a 200ug trip. I'm note sure I get the string reference

a string can be any length, a 200 mic dose of lsd can be a very different trip. have you heard of set and setting? iv had approx 200mic trips that iv hardly noticed the effects and iv had approx 200 mic doses that have destroyed my ego. you will find lsd is a strange and different drug.

implement your common sense, start low and work your way up. no one on here can tell you what is optimum for you. you would be the best person to ask what is suitable for you.

please report back after you have a dig and enjoy

Nobody here is going to be able to describe to you in words what 200 ug of LSD feels like. It's a reasonable dose, so if you're used to shrooms you can probably handle it. HOWEVER if you're feeling any apprehension at all about it I'd advise you to just start with 100 ug. That's plenty of acid for a fun day, and the last thing you want is to spend the whole trip worrying that you took too much.

Will you be able to have a conversation?
Maybe, maybe not. You might be able to talk almost normally on a 200 ug dose, or the 100 ug dose might turn your words into meaningless babble. Depends on your body chemistry.

Will you be able to walk?
I've never had a problem walking around on a 200 ug dose, but my girlfriend is very sensitive to LSD. Her first dose was 100 ug and she wound up flopping around like a fish for a few minutes, but she was able to walk after that. Depends on your body chemistry!

Last edited:
for my first time experimenting with LSD i had 100ug tabs and i took 2 and a third after 8 hours and i had an amazing trip. its all Set and Setting man. i loved it. and i know for sure they were 100 ug. dont ask how i know. i just do. but if you think you're mentally capable of handling it then i say go for it. i usually go for the higher dosages first so i know howmuch i can handle. but i think you will be fine doing 2. (i dont know you at all just going on personal experience.) so if you feel up to it man go for two. if you have experience with other psychs then im sure you will be able to handle it no problem :) happy trails hope this helps :)

I always do 200ug or more in a sitting, but I don't go for walks while I'm on it. I prefer to lay down in a nice environment with chill music and trip out.

If you accidentally do too much it's not going to kill you. Just relax and float down stream. LSD is non-toxic.

While i can't speak as to the validity of such claims, the acid i bought supposedly @ 200mcg was fairly intense for a first time dose. In retrospect half would have been a nice place to see what all the hubub about cid is all about. I'm pretty small though, and diddn't have much of a psych tolerance at the time, but have a good # of trips on all kinds of psychs under my belt, and know the waters in terms of going deep, at least with acetylpsilocin, pharmahuasca, 25i, and 2c-d. Still the whole trip kind of caught me off gaurd, acids fairly unique though so thats to be expected.

It wasn't too much, and i've had my fair share of trips on other substances that took me deeper, but going for a bicycle ride was prob a bad idea that day. Granted it wasn't around cars or on pavement, so there wasn't a risk of getting my ass ran over, but definately a stay at home or know the waters level of intenstiy at (supposedly) 200mcg.

If you have a few, or have acess to more, i would just take half. Starting slow never hurt anybody, and i wish i did that my first time. Its kind of hard to do so if you only have one dose, and no way to get another tab though.

If you do decide to dose the whole tab, i'd take the above advice as far as set/setting with great relevance. A whole tab of (supposedly) 200mcg can be a fantastic trip if your prepared. If your prone to rough trips, anxiety or uncomfortabeness while tripping on ocassion, i would take half. No point having your first encounter with lsd being uncomfortable, underwhelmed is a far better alternative. Especially if you have a few and can dose higher next time assuming it wasn't enough.

100ug. I have drilled myself and others with 150ug+ when I was inexperienced. Start off slow and get to know LSD.

100ug might leave you a little underwhelmed, I don't know. Personally if you're not sure about 200ug I'd just go with 150ug, it's not a very intense dosage but things begin to get pretty cool around 150. You'll be fine OP.

I'll add my recommendation that you start out lower for the first time. 100ug should be decent and I would say it wont be disappointing. Keep some grade A cannabis on hand, I feel like it potentiates parts of the trip. Like others have said set and setting are everything, if you decide to do more than 100ug you can still have a great trip and majorly reduce the chance of it going bad by making sure you're in a comfortable place and around people who you know. If you're still worried about it possibly going bad keep a few benzos on hand if you can get them if not it's always good to have someone that's very experienced around that can talk you down.

As far as normal functioning goes it does affect every one differently, I was almost unaffected physically(as far as I could tell anyway) from 300ug+ I was able to walk to the store fine and by cigarettes and then took a bus into town to get subway but my friend couldn't walk strait to save his life and fell down multiple times. So again set and setting play a major part especially for your first time. Make sure you have everything you'd want so incase you can't quite function properly you don't have to worry about going anywhere and you can just ride it out. Good luck, and stay positive.

People seem evenly split between 100ug and 200ug. I think I'll go for 150ug. Hopefully that won't be too intense or too underwhelming.

200ug will be fine. It'll be, what I consider, the proper acid experience for a first timer. It's enough to show you you're definitely tripping, so I guess you could say a ++ or even a +++ (if you're on the more sensitive side) on the Shulgin scale.

Enjoy!