• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time LSD dosage. 100ug vs 200ug.

How many of the people posting here have actually had their dosing tested? You all seem to underestimate 100ug which makes me think you are believing the general bullshit your dealers are passing on.

How many of the people posting here have actually had their dosing tested? You all seem to underestimate 100ug which makes me think you are believing the general bullshit your dealers are passing on.

Truth, 100ug well definitely get the job done.

my dosage was tested. definitely 100ug tabs. and i must say i was quite pleased with my trip. couldnt sleep for shit that night but hey w/e lol it was still fun :)

my dosage was tested. definitely 100ug tabs. and i must say i was quite pleased with my trip. couldnt sleep for shit that night but hey w/e lol it was still fun :)

Do you think 150ug would've been too intense? To be honest, I'm not 100% sure they are 100ug, but the seller is very reputable so I kind of just believed him. He says they were tested.

If you're that worried about it being too intense just take one and be done with it. The experience is very subjective and no one here will be able to tell you with certainty if 50ug more well be to intense.

If they are definitely 100ug, go for 100ug, if it's just street labelling you'll probably find that it takes the two blotter to make a dose of 100ug. If it was a proper 200ug dose it might be worth taking just one as to be honest 100ug is plenty to get some visuals out for a first timer if it's dosed correctly.

Testing was not necessary as I know the manufacturer of my LSD. The only time I do 100ug is if I'm doing a combo like MDA/LSD because they'll potentiate one another. But by itself? 200ug minimum.

The first time I ever did LSD I did 250ug. Yes it was intense but it was also mind blowingly awesome. If we were talking about cocaine, MDMA, or ketamine, I would advise lower to start but since it's LSD I say go big or go home. No other trip will be as magical as the first time.

I will add though that at this point when I do LSD (about once every couple of months) I do 400ug. My personal tolerance for the intensity of psychedelics is quite high. I don't feel fear from it and I enjoy the complete ego dissolution.

To answer your question about will you be able to talk, I can only relay my own experience, which is that at 150+, for the first two hours, it's hard to tell whether I thought something or actually said it. That should give you an idea for the intensity of the experience. If you think you might not be able to handle that general level of mindfuck yet, start lower. If you think merging with the superconsciousness of the human race, having deep insights about your past and possibly traumas in your life, and peering into an infinite hall of philosophical mirrors everywhere you look is something you can handle somewhat comfortably, go for 200.

As others have said, how long is a piece of string - it'll depend on you, it'll depend on your environment, it'll depend how you feel that day, and of course I always recommend starting light with a new substance to er on the side of caution (a bad trip could easily be the worst experience of your entire life up to the point of your death; it has been so far for me), especially if you aren't experienced with psychedelics.

I wish there was more consensus on this. I'm leaning towards 2 hits at the moment, but that might change. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Personaly I start low with new drugs its a waste of a night but I just have a proper night next time

I would take 200 mcgs. The first time taking LSD is just like the first time taking MDMA. Its a wonderful experience and u dont want it to be underwhelming. 200 mcgs is still not such a high dose that u should be able to function somewhat normally.

I also feel that with psychedelics i like to aim somewhat high on the first time so I get an idea of the drugs potential. Feels to me like taking a high dose the first time works as a catalyst for achieving the same state more easily next time. If i dose too low it might be underwhelming and then i dont get as strong effects as easily because of the mindset the first experience put me into.

I wish there was more consensus on this. I'm leaning towards 2 hits at the moment, but that might change. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Never mind the consensus. Unless you're a hardhead at heart, take it easy. There's no need to rush in to what most first-timers would consider a strong trip. 100ug will most likely be light but not too light, and a comfortable, euphoric, fantastic introduction to LSD. The ones telling you to take 2 are not erring on the side of caution, they're just going off their own much higher standards of a proper trip, and this is a harm reduction site. My first time I did half a tab, and it was absolutely brilliant.

EDIT: tell you what, why don't you take one, and if you're feeling like it's not enough by the time you reach the peak (+1 or +2 hours depending on your reaction) then take another half, or even a full tab. Just be aware that taking the extra full tab will take the trip to a totally different level, and you won't be able to gauge what it'll be like from the one tab.

Never mind the consensus. Unless you're a hardhead at heart, take it easy. There's no need to rush in to what most first-timers would consider a strong trip. 100ug will most likely be light but not too light, and a comfortable, euphoric, fantastic introduction to LSD. The ones telling you to take 2 are not erring on the side of caution, they're just going off their own much higher standards of a proper trip, and this is a harm reduction site. My first time I did half a tab, and it was absolutely brilliant.

EDIT: tell you what, why don't you take one, and if you're feeling like it's not enough by the time you reach the peak (+1 or +2 hours depending on your reaction) then take another half, or even a full tab. Just be aware that taking the extra full tab will take the trip to a totally different level, and you won't be able to gauge what it'll be like from the one tab.

Taking more at the peak will make the trip longer, not strengthen it a lot. Especially since the OP only has one tab to redose with. Of course cannabis is a good potentiator if u feel like the dose is too low, but the trip might get more confusing and u wont remember as much from it.

And as a sidenote, my first time doing LSD was 2 blotters of high quality Hoffmanns and the experience was superb, a bit ovewhelming and confusing at times, but thats the way LSD is supposed to be IMO. No way i would have wanted to dose lower.

I took acid a bunch of times at lower doses with no problems. I took a large dose, and my body was put under so much stress that I felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack. I had extreme muscle tension from the acid that put my body under unbearable stress while I was high which has given me a chronic back pain condition ever since (3 months of debilitating pain).

Acid was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I would personally highly recommend that you stick to safer natural drugs like magic mushrooms, although some people will surely argue that the chemical drugs are all fine and dandy.

Mushrooms relax my body. LSD puts my body under so much stress that it has caused long lasting damage to my back. I would highly recommend that you stick to mushrooms over acid due to my personal experiences, but everyone is different. There isn't any way of knowing how you will react. Therefore, if for whatever reason you still want to take acid, then I would recommend starting with a low dose.

Taking more at the peak will make the trip longer, not strengthen it a lot. Especially since the OP only has one tab to redose with. Of course cannabis is a good potentiator if u feel like the dose is too low, but the trip might get more confusing and u wont remember as much from it.

Admittedly, I've never redosed on acid. I'm just going off what I've heard. If you redose within the first two hours of taking it, apparently it increases the strength of the trip, not just the length. Certainly I've found this was true of shrooms (though it didn't increase the length in that case, oddly.)

.....................The first time I ever did LSD I did 250ug. Yes it was intense but it was also mind blowingly awesome. ............ No other trip will be as magical as the first time........
This.

Plan it carefully, getting set and setting as good as you possibly can. As Foreigner says, the first time is utterly magical if you can avoid being underwhelmed. However, if you don't manage a sufficiently powerful trip, no worries. The subsequent experiences aren't that much less impressive. 35 years down the line from my first trip and it's still magical. If you've got LSD at all, it's a win-win situation =D

Most of these numbers are completely meaningless.

If you actually took 100ug of pure LSD, and compared it to a '100ug blotter', I'm sure that you would find a huge difference.

Marketing, advertising, profiteering, consumer ignorance: the foundations of human civilization!

^^ Right on the money. Theres too many variables with acid to be able to say with certainty what dose you are taking. Unless its freshly synthed, stored correctly (impractical/difficult for most), tested right before dosing, and dosed out correctly. Degredation, synthesis purity, paper laying inconsistency, misrepresentation of dosage for marketing purposes, the potency of lsd, and in general how its distributed make ug claims as far as potency pretty much meaningless. All you can go by is starting low, and comparing to previous expirences with other batches/paper.

Even if it was tested, it could have been laid inconsistently, or degraded since then. Or be a different racemic ratio of lsd isomers, of which some are active, some are less active, some are inactive.

By and large, its all marketing BS as as far as ug claims. And even if it was tested, theres still variables that make such claims innaccurate.