• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

First Time Getting Off Oxy / Fent

Newtoit

Greenlighter
Hi everybody,

I have been roaming these forums for some time for information but I think now is the time I interact and really ask the questions.

The habit had been slowly building. at the beginning of 2020 started having access to hydro and 5mg oxy. Was taking 10 to 20mg hydro or 7.5 to 10mg of oxy maybe once a week sometimes twice until about April 2020. Then it stopped for 4/5 months until September 2020, a hook was found. Stopped messing with hydro and only used Oxy. 10 to 15 MG 2 or 3 times a week turned into 20 to 30MG 4 times a week by the end of the year. 2021 just about started using oxy every single day. went from 30mg in the beginning of the year up to 50MG by April. In June there was a required stop of 7 days. First night I really had trouble sleeping with hot and cold flashes as well as restless leg syndrome. Second night was tough as well but a little better. Third night not so bad and the following nights I was okay.

Instead of keeping on the sober path the thought that my tolerance may have lowered kicked in. Middle of June quickly ramped back up to 50MG a day. Also towards the end of June I came across my first "pressed" 30. Eventually i decided the cost of oxy was too high and the pressed were cheaper so for the past 6 to 7 weeks have had the pressed. Started at half a day, crushing it up and using it sporadically all day rather than a one time does. got up to one pressed a day.

Realized this is the wrong path and with reading through the forums I quickly found out the detox from Fent is not the same as the detox from oxy. With that, 2 days ago used little less than half a pressed. Yesterday used less than 1/4th a pressed and took the last of it at 7PM pacific time.

Sorry about the long essay but wanted to really lay out the situation.
What I will have: gabapentin, lorazepam, olanzapine and I can purchase loperamide. Also will have naltrexone but not sure how that can help

In regards to Sub, I have someone who says they can get it but if that falls through is it easy as calling a clinic?
Also, may I ask what else is recommended to have during this process? Kratom, clonazepam, diazepam and etc.
Lastly, can someone draft a little guide for me? I have read it may be smarter to switch back to oxy first if you have messed with Fent then taper off?

I appreciate everyone's input.

I would try the subs if you can get them but don't start with a whole pill/strip unless you're going on maintenance. I'd start with a quarter to a half an 8mg dose for tapering purposes.

One of my favorite rehabs tapered off hardcore heroin addicts with subs in about 5 days and I didn't see them puking and shitting themselves nor complaining of things like restless legs and inability to sleep.

One dirty 30 a day is definitely a habit but you should be thankful you realized that now before it got worse.

Around here fentadope is way cheaper than oxy or dirty 30s so at least you're not in that boat. It's doable to come off it(even without help), but it takes some will power.

Have you ever tried kratom? Some people have successfully used that to taper off heroin/fent, or even as a maintenance. The effects are not as strong as traditional opiates so that could be an option too.

Hopefully some people will come in with more experience here. I've had plenty of withdrawal experiences from kratom and oxy but my only experience tapering was with loperamide (which we've already discussed in pm).

Cheers and best of luck!

TLDR but I came off of 160mg of Oxymorphone (brand name Opana) which is super high about 12 weeks ago. My main and really only ammunition is medical cannabis. It is dosble! It doesn't remove 100% of the discomfort but it can make things remarkably better! Do your own research, it might work for you too.

I would try the subs if you can get them but don't start with a whole pill/strip unless you're going on maintenance. I'd start with a quarter to a half an 8mg dose for tapering purposes.

One of my favorite rehabs tapered off hardcore heroin addicts with subs in about 5 days and I didn't see them puking and shitting themselves nor complaining of things like restless legs and inability to sleep.

One dirty 30 a day is definitely a habit but you should be thankful you realized that now before it got worse.

Around here fentadope is way cheaper than oxy or dirty 30s so at least you're not in that boat. It's doable to come off it(even without help), but it takes some will power.

Have you ever tried kratom? Some people have successfully used that to taper off heroin/fent, or even as a maintenance. The effects are not as strong as traditional opiates so that could be an option too.

Hopefully some people will come in with more experience here. I've had plenty of withdrawal experiences from kratom and oxy but my only experience tapering was with loperamide (which we've already discussed in pm).

Cheers and best of luck!
So some not so great news. My guy has one Sub pill. The person he gets them from is not reliable. May connect with him within a day or may take two weeks. Is there any point of using Sub if I only have 1 pill? I was thinking of seeing if I could get some from a clinic or something along those lines.

I have used Kratom once 4/5 years but did not really know what I was doing. A friend of mine used Kratom as a way to get off Oxy. Do you have a recommended dosage for someone who was taking 60mg oxy a day or up to 1 pressed dirty thirty? Also would you use Kratom on a daily basis and then taper off it or just use it when the urges are crazy?

TLDR but I came off of 160mg of Oxymorphone (brand name Opana) which is super high about 12 weeks ago. My main and really only ammunition is medical cannabis. It is dosble! It doesn't remove 100% of the discomfort but it can make things remarkably better! Do your own research, it might work for you too.
I wish I could do it like you but I don’t seem strong enough. Ate a decent amount of edibles last night around 8pm… well I should have waited until 10 or 11 because I tried to go to bed around 12:30 and by then the edible was wearing off. I then started to hit my vape indica pen but I could not stop the restless leg syndrome (in my arms).

You may still be able to stop cold turkey. Your addiction isn't that bad yet. But if you feel likes its too hard there's no shame in reaching for a maintenance drug. I would go with either kratom or bupe. Methadone is probably overkill here. Benzos can be good for the first couple days to get some sleep but do not take it past a week, the last thing you want is benzo withdrawal.

If you decide against maintenance a gabapentinoid could be of help without prolonging the withdrawal. They are pretty safe and not that addicting ( though everyone is different.)

Loperamide can help with the indigestion but honestly its just a shitty opioid that can cause heart problems, if you want to go the maintenance route, just go with kratom or bupe. I wouldn't take any naltexone either.

Good luck. Restlessness is probably the worse effect. In mild - moderate withdrawal a hot shower really helps. In the severe withdrawal I think it actually makes it worse because you feel like you are on some pirate ship lost at sea in a raging storm. Well that happened to me anyway :ROFLMAO: .

Gabapentin, lorazepam and loperamide should get you through that, considering that you haven't been on opiates that long.

I don’t recommend getting on subs. The withdrawal from them is heinous and very long.

the end of the year. 2021 just about started using

Gabapentin, lorazepam and loperamide should get you through that, considering that you haven't been on opiates that long.

I don’t recommend getting on subs. The withdrawal from them is heinous and very long.
X2 if u can get clonidine too that would be even better. Gabapentin and loperamide will make it so much bearable.

Indeed its best to do without but if OP feels like they can't, then maintenance is better than relapse.

I went to a rehab once that detoxed opioid addicts with suboxone in about 5 days. I was detoxing from alcohol and diazepam. They had to detox me over 10 days because I had seizures coming off diazepam by myself on 5-7 days tapering.

Indeed its best to do without but if OP feels like they can't, then maintenance is better than relapse.
Thank you everyone for the insight. I have decided to stay away from the Sub. The last bit of fent I took was Wednesday (1/4th a pill max) and then Thursday around 2PM pacific I took 40mg of oxy.

I started dosing 300mg Gaba yesterday and took two doses. Should I bump that up a bit? I also got some Kratom and took a 3 mg dose around 5 and then a 2 gm dose around 9. That really helped. Fell asleep around 12 but woke up at 3 restless.. popped an ambien and slept from 4 to 8.

should I does 300 gaba 3 times a day and the kratom twice a day at 2 or 3 grams or kratom just once a day but slightly larger dose?

Since I haven’t taken any fent since mid day Wednesday and oxy mid day Thursday, Im thinking kratom for the next few days will help if I take it constantly but just want to make sure that’s an okay idea.

X2 if u can get clonidine too that would be even better. Gabapentin and loperamide will make it so much bearable.
Based off what I already have and will be taking, gaba, kratom and I have ambien and lorazepam if needed) should I incorporate the loperamide or add that only if my stomach really acts up?

also, I will see if I can get clonidine. When is it best to administer it?

Thank you for your input

Based off what I already have and will be taking, gaba, kratom and I have ambien and lorazepam if needed) should I incorporate the loperamide or add that only if my stomach really acts up?

also, I will see if I can get clonidine. When is it best to administer it?

Thank you for your input
Loperamide not only helps with diarrhea....it helps with every single symptom.its a must, take 30mg as soon as you feel you're approaching the worst part. I don't have much experience with clonidine so idreally know, I'm just saying from what I've read. I think only with gaba and loperamide plus a benzo for sleep is enough.kratom is addictive too and will extend your wd and don't think your habit is that bad to use it. GL

Not sure if someone's already said this, but definitely DON'T take the naltrexone until at least 10-14 days off of opiates. That will not go well for you.

I wish I could do it like you but I don’t seem strong enough. Ate a decent amount of edibles last night around 8pm… well I should have waited until 10 or 11 because I tried to go to bed around 12:30 and by then the edible was wearing off. I then started to hit my vape indica pen but I could not stop the restless leg syndrome (in my arms).

Just curious but how much THC are you consumimg with your edibles? For some reason some folks can tale upwards of 400mg daily. Personally I would take 120mg split in 4 doses. I'd also smoke much of the day.

Coming off such huge levels of opiates in my system. I tried to have no shame. If I was uncomfortable, I would smoke. Some of the other suggestions have been good too.

Not sure if someone's already said this, but definitely DON'T take the naltrexone until at least 10-14 days off of opiates. That will not go well for you.
No one has said anything yet about naltrexone so I appreciate the insight. I won’t bother taking any of it.

Could I ask what you mean “OD —> H + R?”

Just curious but how much THC are you consumimg with your edibles? For some reason some folks can tale upwards of 400mg daily. Personally I would take 120mg split in 4 doses. I'd also smoke much of the day.

Coming off such huge levels of opiates in my system. I tried to have no shame. If I was uncomfortable, I would smoke. Some of the other suggestions have been good too.
Great question. So the current edible I’ve been using and enjoy are called M2 bears. It’s one big 100mg Indica Gummy bear. I usually eat 1/3rd every night a couple hours before I sleep. The last couple days since I stopped the opioids, I eat half of the bear or a little more than half. They are like kushy punch edibles but I’d say a little more potent.

I also come across edibles that claim they are 200 to 350mg but I can eat half the bag and barely feel it.

The girl doesn’t like me smoking, I’m a spliff guy, so I stick to the edibles and I just got a drizzly indica vape pen.