Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: most "disturbed/ing" movies

^best video ever. Bob Flanagan suffered from cystic fibrosis, yes. Actually I think that movie is beautiful.

salo, i believe was intended by paosolini as a parable of the fascist govt in Italy, most people forget this, but it does give you a framework to watch the movie from

cmon, i cant believe no one has mentioned American Psycho.

granted i saw it first while, well, not in my right mind, but--

^^^^^^^^^^
All the movies made from Bret elis novels are very disturbing. Patrick Bateman is mentioned in Rules of Attraction.

NOWHERE
Simply stated.....Its 90210 on acid. One of my fave flicks ever!

Ghosts of the Civil Dead. VERY fucked up Australian movie with Nick Cave, inspired by some real-life happenings....

ive never bothered to see rules of attraction, mainly because it looks and sounds vacant as hell :\

oh and looking for mr. goodbar

its an older movie, late 70's I think, and kinda cheesy, but keep an open mind.

If you dont find it that disturbing, wait till the end, sucker

OMG! i LOVE american psycho!!!! I had thought about putting it up there.... but then what kind of person would i be if i put up a movie thats in my personal collection? am i twisted and disturbing? maybe i just look past all of it cause im in love with Christian Bale.

or.. maybe i am just a sicko, LOL

Romper Stomper - Australian film about neo nazi skin head fucks. It's quite disturbing

Chopper - Another Australian film about Mark "chopper" read, this real life nutter. It's funny as fuck but that alone makes it quite disturbing.

Would agree with Requiem for a dream.

Gangster No. 1 - British film about the life of a totally unhinged London gang land boss. It has Malcolm Mcdowell in it.

Irriversible has my vote as well.

Reservoir Dogs was pretty disturbing, or atleast graphic. Perhaps all the other movies in here are much worse, but then again, I don't see many movies.

ouroboros said:
^best video ever. Bob Flanagan suffered from cystic fibrosis, yes. Actually I think that movie is beautiful.

salo, i believe was intended by paosolini as a parable of the fascist govt in Italy, most people forget this, but it does give you a framework to watch the movie from
SALO was supposedly based on the work of Marquis De Sade.

Faces of Death is a Doco so IMO does not qualify as a disturbing movie as it is (usually) real footage. I'm still yet to be convinced about the guy being mauled by a tiger in the wildlife park - it's Amateur footage, but there are multiple camera angles!

Blood Sucking Freaks I found extremely funny, not disturbing at all...

KIDS - I found sad that things like that happen, not really disturbing.

What do people think of the concrete eating scene from American History X? I thought that particular scene was disturbing, not the rest of the movie though.

Deliverence - I guess this would have been disturbing & shocking in it's time, but it's somewhat dated now.

Also ask older people about the original Psycho if they remember it when it came out, you will find that they all found it disturbing back then.

After reading IMDB people's thouts on SALO & de Sade's work - I really have no interest in reading/seeing any of it, whether it's art or whether it has a story/message behind it or not

Ouroboros

I think if you liked AP you would enjoy Rules of attraction. It does not have all the murder but it does have the same general feel
to it. The character James vander beek (dawson) plays is Patrick Batemans brother. Check it out most people did not like how "rules" ended but than again most people did not like how AP ended also. IMO its a great movie but I can still not for the life of me figure out why the fuck they had Carrot top do the audio commentary for the dvd. If you check it out let me know what ya thought. %)

The believer is pretty disturbing... it one of those "makes you think, and makes you feel more fucked up for second guessing what you thought you believed" type thing.. lol

wow a lot of good titles already on here, dunno if i will be able to contribute anything original. Let's see Gummo is definately one of the most disturbing movies i've seen. Also on the list is Todd Solondz's work (minus storytelling, which was disturbing but kinda humorous at the same time, it had a much less serious tone). David Lynch is obviously a disturbed individual. I think Dancer in the dark is one of the most disturbing movies i've seen, its also one of my favorites because its an amazing movie. Hell lets go with the comedic stuff, yeah man bites dog is def on the list. PI/requiem obviously. Hell even rocky horror picture show, go back and sit through that again and watch it as a serious movie and its pretty whacked out of its head lol. i'll post more later, most of the stuff i've seen has been mentioned already so...

Hey ouroboros, I found SICK quite moving too (once I got over the extremely up close and personal shots) and found the whole experience worthwhile.

I just saw the 1988 original of The Vanishing. Incredibly disturbing film, particularly the ending. Anyone seen it? Avoid the badly Americanised remake by the same director, funnily enough.

Originally posted by simply_rhythmatik
I want to say there is probably something with a needle going through his penis at some point or another, but I haven't seen it so I'm not 100% on that.

^^^ yep :)

and raz, nice call on ghosts of the civil dead - it's a good film, but pretty harrowing!

One movie not yet mentioned that is disturbing is City of God (Cidade de Deus or something like that).

It's a brazilian movie about kids growing up in the favelas (the poor ghettos). Deep and violent and very fucked up since it probably tells the true story of life there.

How can you guys stick through Faces of Death.... I got dizzy watching the electric chair scene and the monkey.

Did you know some of the footage is fake, and they just use real clips and added some fake ones later.