Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Underworld

rate this movie

• [IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • [IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1

• [IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1

• Total voters

xtcvitality

Bluelighter
Underworld

Laughable movie. I saw it on Saturday....very drunk and very high. The intoxication alone should have made it a good movie. I can't believe how big of a let down this was. I at least expected some good Matrix style fight scenes....notice I said "Style" not carbon copy. One of the first scenes has a shootout in a room with tile walls that reminded me WAY to much of the big shootout in the orig Matrix with Trinity and Neo against the security force.... Anyhow...the acting was probably the worst acting I've ever seen on the big screen. The old vampire "Victor" in the film was so laughable I could barely contain myself in this movie. He delivers some of the most ridiculous lines I've ever seen. Also...this movie contains THE WORST decapitation I've EVER seen... I'll just leave it at that.

Don't waste your money guys...this movie fucking BLOWS

I though this was a bad ass movie. I thought the plot was interesting and the fight seens were pretty good. Although, I think that going into movies expecting the same "matrix fighting style "is the wrong way to watch this movie, but that's just me.

I was disappointed. The movie had a unique new twist on vampires but failed to elaborate on it. The whole perpetual night really irritated me too. It had the potential to be so good based on the story line. However, most of the actors were wooden and the dialogue was just plain bad. Too bad someone with some talent can't redo this movie.

I liked this movie a lot. Kate Beckinsale is damn sexy, especially with black hair and a black leather suit. The background story is interesting, and I just read on darkworlds.com that a prequel and a sequel are in the works. I wait in anticipation for these films.

The vampire/lycan hybrid idea is great. For the first half of the movie I was thinking that it would be interesting to see a movie do that, and then BOOOM there is was. I'd like to see more of this new race.

<# the vampire look... Kritik4lM4ss can back me up on this one. ;)

Talk about polarised opinions! I might have to go check it out over the weekend...

Don't get me wrong...the premise of the movie was great...but...and thats a bigass BUT....the FUCKING ACTING. I don't understand how anyone could not laugh at the acting in this movie, especially whoever played "Victor". I hope the sequel has a whole new cast of actors/actresses in it, otherwise the film won't be worth wiping my ass with. I swear a pimple on my ass could deliver a line better than some of these "Professionals".

********SPOILERS BELOW*********

Also...I did not go into the movie expecting just matrix style fighting (which it had HEAVILY regardless of expectations), I was hoping for a new twist on Vampire and Lycan lore, which there was, but just displayed poorly. I liked the idea of a Vampire/Lycan hybrid, but the visual depiction of the creature at the end of the movie was ridiculous. He looked like he was made of latex and he wasn't even fucking hairy. Werewolves are hairy damnit, I wanna see a fucking hairy, vicious vampire with intelligence, not a guy from the Blue Man Group with fangs and lotsa steroids. I'm not even gonna talk about the way Victor died either....

Last edited:
I was expecting this to be a rather cheesy movie; I adore vampires but werewolves aren't exactly my thing (and always just seemed a bit stupid to me).

BUT this movie rocked! The main chick (can't remember her name in real life) did a great job -- it is the first role like this of hers and she kicked major ass. She is also HOT and wears amazing latex and leather outfits (and corsets!) throughout the movie. She has a great attitude and is seriously one of the best movie heroines in recent time.

The plot was alot more complex and well thought out than I was expecting; the twist at the end was an absolute surprise to me and it's been a LONG time since a movie has been able to surprise me!

Good sountrack, good fight scenes, nice scientific aspects.

While there were some romantic aspects, none of them were cheesy and their subtlety was excellent, exactly as it should be.

Go see this film!

This chick is sooo hot....

kate-beckinsale-6-thumb.jpg
kate-beckinsale-5.jpg

her name's kate beckinsale.. and yes, she's hot.. totally not the type i would expect to make an action movie, having only been in arty things and romantic comedies before.. so she brings something really unique to it (and looks good in latex catsuits).. underworld would have been really underwhelming without her presence..

I thought this movie was absolutely HORRIBLE. The acting in it was so ridiculously bad, I think my grundle could have delivered better lines than the actor that played "Victor". Maybe the actress was hot and all, black latex looks neat, and vampires are cool, so could I make a blockbuster movie by throwing a Britney Spears in black latex playing a vampire? I think not.

I also thought that the fight scenes were a little ridiculous too, especially the final battle including "The Worlds Worst Most Hilarious Decapitation Ever." People flying through the air in slow motion doesn't make a fight scene "cool" to me. The fight scenes were all coreographed horribly and were so dark they must have assumed everyone watching the movie were also vampires.

Lastly, WTF was up with the Lycan/Vampire hybrid at the end, was he wearing a blue scuba suit or something? He looked like a fucking latex golem...maybe he's the new spokesperson for Trojan condoms? Who knows...

I did however, like the IDEA of the movie, I've always wanted to see a Vampire / werewolf war, I just wish they could have AT LEAST chosen an actor with half a brain to play "the older, smartest, and most powerful vampire around". I could swallow a sack of scrabble pieces and shit out better lines :p

xtcvitality said:
I thought this movie was absolutely HORRIBLE. The acting in it was so ridiculously bad, I think my grundle could have delivered better lines than the actor that played "Victor". Maybe the actress was hot and all, black latex looks neat, and vampires are cool, so could I make a blockbuster movie by throwing a Britney Spears in black latex playing a vampire? I think not.

I also thought that the fight scenes were a little ridiculous too, especially the final battle including "The Worlds Worst Most Hilarious Decapitation Ever." People flying through the air in slow motion doesn't make a fight scene "cool" to me. The fight scenes were all coreographed horribly and were so dark they must have assumed everyone watching the movie were also vampires.

Lastly, WTF was up with the Lycan/Vampire hybrid at the end, was he wearing a blue scuba suit or something? He looked like a fucking latex golem...maybe he's the new spokesperson for Trojan condoms? Who knows...

I did however, like the IDEA of the movie, I've always wanted to see a Vampire / werewolf war, I just wish they could have AT LEAST chosen an actor with half a brain to play "the older, smartest, and most powerful vampire around". I could swallow a sack of scrabble pieces and shit out better lines :p

I just saw this movie and I disagree totally with everything you said, I went into it with low expectations and was pleasently suprised. I'm a big fan of vampire/horror movies in general and the plot twists and storyline were really impressive to me. The acting was pretty decent too. Overall I'd highly reccomend this movie.

sho

Kate Beckinsale made this movie for mine. It was a bit average, but it was entertaining, which is the point of a movie, well generally speaking of course. Tight black latex, almost enough to send me straight ;)

CB :)

I found it quite boring, and I really don't like any "vampire genre" movies to beging with. Oh well...

I'm with ya xtcvitality. I thought this movie was absolutely terrible for any genre. I'm somewhat into monster/sci-fi films and the notion of the movie was really cool, but the execution was awful. It just seemed to drag on forever with inane plot twists and flat acting. I didn't feel any sense of suspense or anxiety at any moment. In fact, I just kept hoping everyone would get killed so that it would end. I thought the vampires in Blade were by far cooler and more thought-out. In addition, Underworld's vampires seemed pretty pathetic on the intimidation/bad ass scale since their only power seemed to be that they could use guns. The transformation of the werewolves was kinda cool, but they looked pretty ridiculous for the rest of the scene. All in all, a waste of $2.50 on a rental - should have waited for it on the movie stations.

Just because someone agrees with you they have sense?

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm entitled to mine too.

sho

It was alright.

Not the greatest plot or acting, but stylish. It seemed to take a lot of influence from the World of Darkness roleplaying games (Vampire: The Masquerade et. al.)

I was more into the soundtrack - New Skinny Puppy track, Dillinger Escape Plan, A Perfect Circle remixes, and Danny Lohner or Nine Inch Nails showing his production talents. Really cool, creepy stuff.

I would have to say I enjoyed looking at this movie, but the dialogue sucked so bad. As a matter of fact, my friends & I mocked many of the lines days after we watched it.

Remember, if you are a vampire all you do is sit around, look pretty and smoke. Oh, and everything is forbidden!!!!

LOL!!!