Votes: 2 10.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
i never liked tobey mcguire as spider man. i mean i guess hes not bad, but i always pictured spider man as having maybe a little more balls than "tobey" does. If they are going true old-school spider man it has to be the vulture:

imm-vulture.jpg

AxL BLaZe said:
I was like 100% sure the next baddy was gonna be the Lizard. he was slightly mentioned in Spider Man 2, some other hard-core fan boys might have noticed.

Venom or Carnage in Spider Man 3? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

My bet is the Lizard with the Hobgoblin. they have to put an end to this Osborn arc finally.
you took the words right outta my mouth...... of cours eits going to be the hob goblin, with lizard man. They showed that docter with one arm in Spiderman 2, which kinda hinted. I would loved for it to be Venom though...... actually, I WOULD KILL!!!!!! :p

What about the Chameleon?

imm-chameleon.jpg

He'd make a great villain, provided he has the more realistic, CIA/NSA level "master of disguise" ability of assuming identities as opposed to a Mystique-like capability to shapeshift altogether.

It'd make for a potential plot too. Seeing as how Harry knows Peter and Spider-Man are one in the same, he hires the Chameleon to assume Parker's identity and smear his character by framing him for a crime, most likely an assassination attempt (seeing as how the Chameleon was also a hitman for hire), forcing Parker into hiding and remaining in his Spider-Man alter-ego to carry out the means to clear himself. Harry may also either (depending on which way the writer would want to go) hire a mercenary to don the "goblin" suit to be the Hobgoblin, or he may choose to be the Hobgoblin himself to torment Spider-Man in his obsession to avenge his father. It's the perfect two-pronged attack against Spider-Man, as he'll be so tied up with the Hobgoblin that he'll have a difficult time trying to clear himself from the Chameleon's identity-assumed activities.

It's a hypothetical plotline, but it's a far more produceable one than the Venom/Carnage stories. Besides, Venom is a mentally unstable and incredibly violent anti-hero, while Carnage is a serial killer possesed by a cast-off of Venom's symbiote, which was already disturbed as it is. Even if the producers were to consider these characters for filming, there'd need to be a level of wanton destruction, murder, and anarchy on par with the early 90's Maximum Carnage story arc to do any justice to these characters, and such intense violence often comes at the price of an R rating, which would kill the franchise, since it banks so heavily on the young audience.

Note: Yes, I have given this a lot of thought, as I myself am a hardcore Spider-man fanboy and have been ever since I dressed up as him for my first Halloween at 5 years old.

:)

Last edited:
Does nobody else think that maybe they're gonna make Harry Hobgoblin rather than Green Goblin?

Actually,let me rephrase that as I just read the above post...don't a lot of people think it's gonna be all about Hobgoblin? I do

...And given Pete and MJ's lovey lovey stuff, I think it would be kind of cool to introduce the Black Cat at this stage as well for a good ol' fashioned Marvel love triangle...

--Comic Geek Raz--

I will say right now that I am almost 100% sure the next TWO villains in the next Spider Man movie will be The Lizard and Harry Osbourne. my guess is Harry will be the Hobgoblin. you all just have to realize that they simply cannot just throw in Venom and Carnage and do the Separation Anxiety storyline all of a sudden with out cleaning up all the loose ends of the current Harry story line.

introducing the Black Cat in Spidey 3 sends chills down my spine! just think of how it would mess up with our friendly neighborhood Spiderman's love life.

AxL BLaZe said:

introducing the Black Cat in Spidey 3 sends chills down my spine! just think of how it would mess up with our friendly neighborhood Spiderman's love life.

Methinks Elisha Cuthbert would make an awesome Felicia Hardy/ Black Cat.

Opinions?

Also, if the Lizard were to be in Spider-Man 3, why'd they cast Thomas Haden Church (who's slated to be the next villain)? I'm sure they could've easily recast Dylan Baker, who made the original appearance as Dr. Curt Connors (the Lizard's alter ego) in the second film.

Church has an eccentric quality to his acting style that would lend more to him being the Hobgoblin than the Lizard.

Last edited:
I cant remember which one it was, green or hobb gob, but I think the hobb goblin kills mary jane......

deroxor said:
I cant remember which one it was, green or hobb gob, but I think the hobb goblin kills mary jane......

Green Goblin kills Gwen Stacy, not Mary Jane. The movie was adapted from a combination of both Amazing Fantasy#1 and Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 1), #121 and #122 , but the love interest and ending were changed for the sake of plotline continuity for the film sequels.

Hobgoblin, on the other hand, was just a criminal who who stole Norman Osborn's "goblin" formula, costume, and gadgets and went on a crime spree under the new identity.

Sometimes I revel in outing my inner geek. =D

Last edited:
if they are smart, they'll stay clear of a Hobgoblin/Green Goblin villain... they are lame.... lame lame lame...

ONLY IF the Hobgoblin does something like gather up other villains to make a team of villains (ie Sinister Sindicate) would it work...

i mean rally...

of all the cool fuckin' villains that Spidey had... why ANY of the goblins is beyond me.

It will NOT be a goblin villian, Sam Rami said "something we haven't seen before" we've seen a goblin before!!

+1 for The Shocker!!

They'll hold out the Green Goblin return for Spider-Man 4 at the earliest, giving Harry Osborn ample time to be driven completely mad before deciding to don the outfit.

And trust me, Harry's Green Goblin won't be the corny psychogoblin Norman was in the first film (that Green Goblin sucked balls). He'll be a depraved, hate-filled lunatic hellbent on vengeance.

Last edited:
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- "That '70s Show" star Topher Grace has joined the lineup of "Spider-Man 3," in which he will play one of two villains.

The film's distributor, Columbia Pictures, declined to give further details about his role.

Grace joins Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco, all of whom starred in the first two films. Thomas Haden Church ("Sideways") also has been cast.

"Spider-Man 3" directed by Sam Raimi, is scheduled for release May 4, 2007. The "Spider-Man" film franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide for Columbia.

This week, Grace made his onscreen exit from Fox's "That '70s Show," on which he starred for the past seven years. His feature work includes "In Good Company" and "Traffic," and memorable cameos in "Ocean's Eleven" and "Ocean's Twelve."

looks like they are bringing Venom into the storyline. I hope to God it actually isn't Topher Grace as Venom. Venom has always been so much bigger and so much more luminous than Spidey, I don't think Grace could pull it off.

now Henry Rollins! shouldn't they have gotten Rollins to play the part of Venom? I think he'd be pretty kick ass as Eddie Brock ;)

^^
fuckin' word

but i can't see rollins getting bent out of shape as brock at parker.