• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Blow

Quality film,

Depp is great, as usual.
I thought that the first half of this film was extraordinarily good yet the second half of the film isn't as good - however it is crucial to the story, I know. As far as the dynamics of the story go I suppose you cannot discard that though all in all a brilliant film. The actors cast to play the characters were spot on I thought.

I just finished reading Cocaine an autobiography by Dominic Streatfield and there is a whole chapter devoted to Jung there ; the author even interviewed him in prison =D AHHHHHH *rewatches DVD* =D

deroxor said:
Brilliant movie.. jung gets out in 2006 am i right??
I know I'm responding to a post made almost a year ago, but Jung is due for release in 2014.

I wonder by the time he does finally get out of prison in another 9 years. If all of his Dopamine levels will be at their normal levels from all of the abuse his brain would have took anyone would think he'd be still recovering.
He did look pretty down and out of it in the interview they had with him on added bonus features.

Fucking great movie nonetheless though, I think I really need to buy the book and have a great read. Sounds interesting.

no one has given this film one star - that's gotta be some kind of record in this place. fuckin' druggies ;)

Film: Blow (merged)

Wow.

Not really afraid to admit it.. I found it really fucking sad.

I've always been a fan of drug movies. Im currently trying to get my hands on Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas but the Best Buys around me don't have it in stock for some reason. I had a gift card to BB so I bought Blow. I saw it once or twice before, not sure if I ever actually saw it from the beginning to the end. I bought it Monday. Watched it Monday night, cried at the end. Watched it Tuesday.. cried at the end. And I watched it tonight (wednesday).. and I fucking cried again.

WTF? Its a good ass movie. Im like infacuated with the movie and quotes from the movie.

(btw when I say cried.. I dont mean sobbed, I mean got choked up- tried to hold it, and a tear came out. Im usually pretty manly lol)

good movie, leaves out some shit that was included in the book, like jung's tripping stories, the book was better, and i recommend you all read it.

Something that bothers me about the Movie Blow...

Is why doesnt he get out? Either when he goes to jail the first time (he had a huge house and stuff) or when he gets shot (or even before that but especially when you get shot)

I mean he has more then enough money to live a great life for the rest of his days. It seems pretty silly to continue to take the risks that he did.

I get the point that he got greedy and stuff but i got to think most people would get out at that point. same thing with Scarface...

Idk anyone else get these feelings when watching these movies?

It's possible the suppliers wouldn't let him leave. They'd need someone they trust as much as George. If george quit then there's a lot of lost potential profit. Although I would have laundered the money and not let it sit in Manuel's bank, then I'd sever all ties and drop off the face of the earth.

The movie Blow

So I just picked up a few g's and my friend told me about the movie Blow I heard about this many times before and how good it is also johnny depp is one of my favorite actors and did a amazing job acting in fear and loathing. I smoke around a gram in my bong then start to watch this movie, it was just fucking amazing and in my opinion is better then scarface even tho both are hard to compare. I wish I watched this earlier if you havent seen it look it up and watch it. Gone to toke another bowl peace.

it's a movie for cunts, rejects, cokies and Turds. also for Assholes who think they know the word cuz they read nakedlunch but thats so fucking completely different. fuck you johnny depp!!!!!!!

You are a fucking idiot, its not a movie for coke heads... How the fuck can you not see this is a movie that shows more reflection to life then going out and getting coked up

You are a fucking idiot, its not a movie for coke heads... How the fuck can you not see this is a movie that shows more reflection to life then going out and getting coked up

It really doesn't though. It's a movie just to be a movie. There is not much substance at all--no pun intended--Depp is a shit. Sorry :(

also for Assholes who think they know the word cuz they read nakedlunch but thats so fucking completely different.
what's this about naked lunch and the word?

and besides being a fun movie, blow is another story about life priorities and the inherent flaws behind the american dream. apparently not one that you like.

what's this about naked lunch and the word?

and besides being a fun movie, blow is another story about life priorities and the inherent flaws behind the american dream. apparently not one that you like.

How is it a "fun movie"?

It's not a fun movie at all. It's everything but that. It sucks. Yes, it does. There's nothing interesting about it. Sorry, but it will soon die as a piece of entertainment.