• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Fentanyl: I'm in a dilemma here.

You can always take your "dirty thirties" and put them in a warm bath of glycol/alcohol/water (depending on solubility), put them in a magnetic stirrer (surprisingly cheap) for a day or so, and use volumetric liquid dosing. It's not convenient, but it works.

How do you know how much was in each pill or how much fent you have by doing that? One would need an accurate milligram scale which costs thousands. The cheap ones off amazon/ebay are not accurate enough to weigh fent.

Perhaps i am missing something as i just woke up but i don't see how putting it in liquid makes any difference if you don't know what quantity you're starting with.

How do you know how much was in each pill or how much fent you have by doing that? One would need an accurate milligram scale which costs thousands. The cheap ones off amazon/ebay are not accurate enough to weigh fent.

Perhaps i am missing something as i just woke up but i don't see how putting it in liquid makes any difference if you don't know what quantity you're starting with.
It evens out all the doses, and eliminates hot spots. It won't help you with what's in there to start with.

It evens out all the doses, and eliminates hot spots. It won't help you with what's in there to start with.

The part about hot spots is a valid point. But still if you have no idea what's there to start with volumetric dosing isn't really any safer as you've no idea what concentration it is.

Okay I can see how that statement could be difficult to understand.

"Stamp" is something from my era, definitely. We didn't have them in Boston though. Always grams (0.8g) in twisted sandwich bags. They'd keep 4-5 I'm their mouth and spit it out when you buy.

We always heard about Stamps. We were definitely curious. I found the branding to be super interesting.

Over to the west, Holyoke for some reason would sell stamps. I assume organized crime in Boston still has some role in things, which is why Boston was an island in terms of these "grams".

Stamps is just an incorrectly applied slang. Up here in Burlingtoj the glassines are just a solid color. People say "oh the blue,nah man I was hoping you had some red ones" and that's the extent of the branding.
I've never gotten H from a glassine or stamped baggy. H has always been rare where I'm from and I can only assume it's nonexistent now, no thanks to fentanyl being in high demand. Even on the rare occasions that I scored H years ago, it was always black tar and in either a tiny ziplock baggy or a tied end of a plastic bag.

UPDATE: My OP hookup came through early a couple of days ago, but getting used to switching back to those from the blue dirty 30's without redosing frequently has been....an adjustment to say the least. It's definitely not cutting the mustard at low doses like it was before (I had no choice but to take the blues), but with time and a bit of willpower, I'm sure things will be back to normal. At least with pharmaceutical/prescription painkillers I always know what's in it and how much.

Last edited:
UPDATE: My OP hookup came through early a couple of days ago, but getting used to switching back to those from the blue dirty 30's without redosing frequently has been....an adjustment to say the least. It's definitely not cutting the mustard at low doses like it was before (I had no choice but to take the blues), but with time and a bit of willpower, I'm sure things will be back to normal. At least with pharmaceutical/prescription painkillers I always know what's in it and how much.

Hey @FunctionalJnkieGrl

I'm glad everything has worked out at least for the time being. We lose and have lost so many people to Fentanyl. Overdosing and dying is obviously terrible, but I feel a life on the street with a Fentanyl dependency is a similar flavor of misery.

I'm not gonna go off on too much of a tangent here. I mentioned the Methadone clinic a few times earlier in this thread. I was surprised that people were not taking the free Methadone. Up in Canada as many of us are aware, they are liberally prescribing Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) and similar Opioids to addicts.

Many of us older folks would consider a carte-blanche Hydromorphone script to be something seen only in our dreams. Then, to my sheer fucking astonishment, junkies are selling their Hydromorphone tablets from the pharmacy just to go buy more of this Fentanyl shit? It seems totally outrageous; unthinkable.

If anyone has experience with Opioids, I think you can feel what I'm saying here. If you mess with the Fentanyl and get in too deep we basically have nothing to treat you with or to help get you out of it. I just had a really morose though that's killing me. We know many BL'ers who have passed away as a result of new, potent Opioids like the Fentanyl analogs... think about how many BL'ers we don't know have died as they were never able to tell us. Be safe everyone.

Hey @FunctionalJnkieGrl

I'm glad everything has worked out at least for the time being. We lose and have lost so many people to Fentanyl. Overdosing and dying is obviously terrible, but I feel a life on the street with a Fentanyl dependency is a similar flavor of misery.

I'm not gonna go off on too much of a tangent here. I mentioned the Methadone clinic a few times earlier in this thread. I was surprised that people were not taking the free Methadone. Up in Canada as many of us are aware, they are liberally prescribing Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) and similar Opioids to addicts.

Many of us older folks would consider a carte-blanche Hydromorphone script to be something seen only in our dreams. Then, to my sheer fucking astonishment, junkies are selling their Hydromorphone tablets from the pharmacy just to go buy more of this Fentanyl shit? It seems totally outrageous; unthinkable.

If anyone has experience with Opioids, I think you can feel what I'm saying here. If you mess with the Fentanyl and get in too deep we basically have nothing to treat you with or to help get you out of it. I just had a really morose though that's killing me. We know many BL'ers who have passed away as a result of new, potent Opioids like the Fentanyl analogs... think about how many BL'ers we don't know have died as they were never able to tell us. Be safe everyone.
Well said. And also, even though the price is tempting for how strong they are, the risk factors are scary enough for me to wanna stick with the rather expensive OP's instead. Really, I only mess with the blues when it's all I can find. If this happens again and I can't get op's, I might consider kratom instead.

The part about hot spots is a valid point. But still if you have no idea what's there to start with volumetric dosing isn't really any safer as you've no idea what concentration it is.
That's absolutely true, but I respectfully disagree about it being safer. You could crush one of those pills into small piles of 10 lines, one of those lines could contain enough fentanyl in a hotspot to kill you, and the other nine may have nothing in them. With volumetric liquid dosing you're able to start your dose small, and know that that dose will be consistent throughout the bottle.

You could start with one drop, then two, then three, allowing you to take a much smaller dose than what would be "usual" and you could figure out the rough concentration by how much liquid you need to get right, because all of that liquid will have the same concentration, you will know your dose level, even if you don't know the amount or the actual chemical.

But, like you said, you still really have no idea what's in there, the volumetric liquid dosing just allows you to even everything out.