• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Fentanyl: I'm in a dilemma here.

FunctionalJnkieGrl

Bluelighter
I have a couple of questions. Firstly, is there any other way to smoke the blue 30's besides the foil and straw method? Also, I have 6 op 40's saved up and can't get more til the 12th (trust me, I'd rather have the op's). So that being said, should I just take a 1/4 of the op's a night to ration them and only use the blues on weekends or should I save those and smoke a bit of the blues (I've got 17 left of the 21 I got) daily to save the op's for last? I just worry that if I don't take the blues enough, my tolerance will drop drastically, increasing the possibility of an overdose from a small amount when I dip into those on Saturdays. I have no choice but to take the blues at some point if I want to avoid withdrawals, but I'm thinking in terms of safety.

Last edited:
Hey @FunctionalJnkieGrl :)

If you want to keep referring to yourself as "functional" you need to leave the Fentanyl pills alone. You need to leave all of the Fentanyl alone.

A quick anecdote. In Canada where they are giving addicts Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) for maintenance (basically huge doses). They find that many of these people are selling their Hydromorphone tablets to buy street Fentanyl because they are simply too dependent.

If you continue fucking around with Fentanyl, I believe you will end up going completely off the rails as many others have done. It's not gonna happen overnight. Over the course of weeks you will likely continue to use more Fentanyl than planned and your prescribed drugs will become less and less effective until you end up as just another Fentanyl-dependent person. It's extremely difficult coming back from this. Our medical system is designed to help addicts addicted to drugs a fraction of the potency of the amound of Fentanyl people are currently using.

Further bad news, there is essentially no way to even make an educated guess regarding the potency of the drugs you have. You and your reaction to said drugs will provide more relevant information for you and your tolerance than any amount of questions or research. You have to try to make that educated guess based upon how potent you feel the drugs are. Fentanyl is inherently super-deadly. I have to give you the same speech I give everyone that you can easily die by getting a batch that's too potent. I've seen lifelong junkies who shot up everyday of their adult life drop dead randomly from Fentanyl. There just is not safe guideline.

With all of that in mind, go back to the basics. You can always use more, but you can't use less.

I smoke about 15 fentanyl pills a day & i think you're slightly overreacting. Just use them like you said when in withdrawal. You'll be fine. Just go slow I guess

If a medical doctor were to look at some of the advice I have given folks regarding their usage over the 10+ years I've been a BL'er, they would probably label me as a careless maniac. My point is, in the grand scheme of things, I have a highly-liberal attitude toward drug use. I don't use scare tactics. I always try to provide information that is as real as possible.

If you're using 15 Fentanyl pills per day, there's really no argument that you're not in a good place.

Let me put it this way: previously, Methadone was viewed as an Opioid with some kind of parity to the Heroin/Oxycodone that we were all using back in the day. It was seen as potent. People would lament how difficult a Methadone dependency was to deal with/get over.

In my state, Vermont, Methadone treatment is free to all comers. Your dosage can be increased to as high as 200mg without any kind of special medical evaluation. Everyone used to go to the clinic. I'm talking people who still used Heroin, people who didn't, whatever, it was a foundation, a lighthouse that people could depend on if needed to get them through. Now, people are leaving the clinic in droves.

To further put that into perspective, it's a 15 minute trip down the road to go get a free dose of 200mg Methadone every day, no strings attached, no cost to the user and still they do not come. That 200mg of Methadone is not worth even a 15 minute trip in the morning to go get it; this drug that we all knew as "liquid handcuffs" for its potency and duration. That is what we are dealing with.

When you get hooked on Fentanyl. you are largely out there alone, with a medical community that does not have any established protocol for treating such high dependencies. To administer the amount of Opioids required to treat the dependency, any doc is going to be afraid of getting violated by their board simply by the numbers.

I smoke about 15 fentanyl pills a day & i think you're slightly overreacting. Just use them like you said when in withdrawal. You'll be fine. Just go slow I guess
This is really bad hr advice. Those Blues aren't consistently dosed with potential hotspots of fent that could send someone without a considerable tolerance to the netherworld. Frankly, I am judging if you're smoking 15 fent pills a day and think you shouldn't be so nonchalant about using it. Who knows what kind of Blues functional has.

But from your perspective of reducing harm? Are you not scared of OD'ing?

All I can say is I would look for pure heroin if you need a fix that bad
I am a bit scared of smoking a crazy strong pill and OD'ing, but I'm more scared of xylazine necrosis. I hear even smoking it can cause necrosis. Trust me, if I could still find black tar H, I'd rather have that than dirty 30's. H is pretty much obsolete where I'm from now (and it never really was commonplace in my area to begin with since weed and meth dominate the drug scene here), but fentanyl is still relatively easy to acquire in these parts. I wouldn't even mess with this stuff but it's literally all I can find until the OP plug re-ups. It sucks. I hate that it's come down to "get the dirty 30's or get sick", but that is the shitty state of things at the moment.

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions. Firstly, is there any other way to smoke the blue 30's besides the foil and straw method? Also, I have 6 op 40's saved up and can't get more til the 12th (trust me, I'd rather have the op's). So that being said, should I just take a 1/4 of the op's a night to ration them and only use the blues on weekends or should I save those and smoke a bit of the blues (I've got 17 left of the 21 I got) daily to save the op's for last? I just worry that if I don't take the blues enough, my tolerance will drop drastically, increasing the possibility of an overdose from a small amount when I dip into those on Saturdays. I have no choice but to take the blues at some point if I want to avoid withdrawals, but I'm thinking in terms of safety.
I read your other post about how your regular source of scrip op's dried up for the month and how this is just to tide you over, and I get that. Desperate times, desperate measures. But I think one thing to consider is that your source may in the future become even more undependable or dry up. If she's depending on a scrip to supply, her doctor could cut her off, or she gets busted, or moves away, or someone else buys them all up before you. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think genuine pharma oxy is that easy to get anymore and that is what you are relying on. Seems tenuous, and I don't think you want to move on to fetty permanently. Might be time for a different approach. <3

I am a bit scared of smoking a crazy strong pill and OD'ing, but I'm more scared of xylazine necrosis. I hear even smoking it can cause necrosis. Trust me, if I could still find black tar H, I'd rather have that than dirty 30's. H is pretty much obsolete where I'm from now (and it never really was commonplace in my area to begin with since weed and meth dominate the drug scene here), but fentanyl is still relatively easy to acquire in these parts. I wouldn't even mess with this stuff but it's literally all I can find until the OP plug re-ups. It sucks. I hate that it's come down to "get the dirty 30's or get sick", but that is the shitty state of things at the moment.

What about methadone? Would help you stabilize and not worry about this stuff. Feels better than fentanyl too. In fact, though I don't take opioids much these days (and only take them occasionally for fun), if was offered a recreational dose of oxycodone or methadone, I'd take methadone in a heartbeat.

Problem is, they make methadone maintenance such a pain in the ass. But in my mind it's better than fiddling with unstable supplies and always being a few pills away from withdrawal.

Also, weren't you the one who posted around new years about quiting oxycodone (at low doses too)? Sort of a steep decline from then to now having to smoke dirty 30s. I'm the last person in the world to judge, just noticing it is all.

Wow, gotta give points for that, but what is that stuff you gotta blow in people faces, then the victim helps rob his own place?

If a medical doctor were to look at some of the advice I have given folks regarding their usage over the 10+ years I've been a BL'er, they would probably label me as a careless maniac. My point is, in the grand scheme of things, I have a highly-liberal attitude toward drug use. I don't use scare tactics. I always try to provide information that is as real as possible.

If you're using 15 Fentanyl pills per day, there's really no argument that you're not in a good place.

Let me put it this way: previously, Methadone was viewed as an Opioid with some kind of parity to the Heroin/Oxycodone that we were all using back in the day. It was seen as potent. People would lament how difficult a Methadone dependency was to deal with/get over.

In my state, Vermont, Methadone treatment is free to all comers. Your dosage can be increased to as high as 200mg without any kind of special medical evaluation. Everyone used to go to the clinic. I'm talking people who still used Heroin, people who didn't, whatever, it was a foundation, a lighthouse that people could depend on if needed to get them through. Now, people are leaving the clinic in droves.

To further put that into perspective, it's a 15 minute trip down the road to go get a free dose of 200mg Methadone every day, no strings attached, no cost to the user and still they do not come. That 200mg of Methadone is not worth even a 15 minute trip in the morning to go get it; this drug that we all knew as "liquid handcuffs" for its potency and duration. That is what we are dealing with.

When you get hooked on Fentanyl. you are largely out there alone, with a medical community that does not have any established protocol for treating such high dependencies. To administer the amount of Opioids required to treat the dependency, any doc is going to be afraid of getting violated by their board simply by the numbers.
Honestly I kinda have to disagree with you on this about the methadone thing...I was going to the clinic daily up until 2 months ago (had to stop going for a couple reasons) but anyways, I was on 80mg a day and that held me just fine. And at the time some days I would smoke as much as 20 Blues a day. And then literally not smoke any for 2-3 days and I wouldn't feel sick at all during those days I wasnt using fentanyl. Because the methadone held me completely.

This is really bad hr advice. Those Blues aren't consistently dosed with potential hotspots of fent that could send someone without a considerable tolerance to the netherworld. Frankly, I am judging if you're smoking 15 fent pills a day and think you shouldn't be so nonchalant about using it. Who knows what kind of Blues functional has.
Sorry but the reason I am so non chalant about this is because that's just how it is around here. One of my friends who is also my dealer, he smokes 40-50 Blues a day! Not even exaggerating. It's just a tolerance thing. And the ones that we get are fire they aren't bunk at all. And the "hotspot" thing you're talking about, in the 2 years that I've been doing these pills not once have I ever encountered that. And I've had to have smoked id say like a few thousand Fentanyl pills? Also none of my friends have ever encountered one either. And none of us have even HEARD of someone getting a bag of Blues and one of the pills being way stronger then the rest... Now I'm not saying these hot spots have never happened to anyone... I'm just saying it's really kinda Rare. It's not at all common like some people try to claim they are.