• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Fentanyl: I'm in a dilemma here.

Honestly I kinda have to disagree with you on this about the methadone thing...I was going to the clinic daily up until 2 months ago (had to stop going for a couple reasons) but anyways, I was on 80mg a day and that held me just fine. And at the time some days I would smoke as much as 20 Blues a day. And then literally not smoke any for 2-3 days and I wouldn't feel sick at all during those days I wasnt using fentanyl. Because the methadone held me completely.

Don't sweat it bro. We are not disagreeing, we're just describing our own different experiences.

I understand that this is the case for you. I don't doubt the validity of what you're describing. I think it's amazing that you're able to use Methadone effectively still. I'm up in New England. Here, our Fentanyl is sold pretty much exclusively in bags. When I was a youngster, we would call these "tickets". We never had "tickets" in Boston. We'd always here about New York City and their bag culture and I used to enjoy seeing all of the different branding and shit. In Boston, you'd buy a gram that would weight 0.8g in a tiny piece of plastic, spit from the mouth of the dealer. Anyway, I'm going off the rails with my own life here.

Everyone I talk to up here who does the Fentanyl bags migrates away from the clinic once they start. I used to know a lot of people who still used Heroin that would come to the clinic to collect their dose as a precautionary measure, that sort of thing. It seems people using these Fentanyl bags can't even be bothered to walk down to the clinic in the morning. Methadone is extremely accessible up here. It is free to all who cannot pay. The clinic is extremely liberal regarding expelling folks from the clinic. I know people who still get take-home doses despite consistently popping for all kinds of nonsense on their UA's.

So to me, this mass exodus from the clinic by all of these people is a highly meaningful thing. As someone who cares very much for my fellow-addicts, I find this further alienation from potential services to be especially worrisome. For a lot of these people, the clinic was the last bastion of organized society, life and very-importantly, access to basic medical services. You ask yourself the very sad question, "who is going to help them now?". I would love to say a good coffee and an AA meeting would be enough.

This is why I try my best to steer people away from this direction. I don't ever want to preach. I just don't want people to get lost to the streets with no way out.

Sorry but the reason I am so non chalant about this is because that's just how it is around here. One of my friends who is also my dealer, he smokes 40-50 Blues a day! Not even exaggerating. It's just a tolerance thing. And the ones that we get are fire they aren't bunk at all. And the "hotspot" thing you're talking about, in the 2 years that I've been doing these pills not once have I ever encountered that. And I've had to have smoked id say like a few thousand Fentanyl pills? Also none of my friends have ever encountered one either. And none of us have even HEARD of someone getting a bag of Blues and one of the pills being way stronger then the rest... Now I'm not saying these hot spots have never happened to anyone... I'm just saying it's really kinda Rare. It's not at all common like some people try to claim they are.
I understand where you're coming from and consider yourself lucky to have consistent supply, but statistically speaking, across the US, that's not the case and what you're saying is very much anecdotal. Maybe I was a little harsh in saying I judge you for smoking 15 fent pills a day (after all I was a heroin addict so I understand tolerance, withdrawals etc). But with that said, I don't think basically saying "go slow on the blues" when someone is likely getting a totally different supply to what you are getting when they are only on relatively low dose oxy makes sense. Fentanyl just isn't a drug to be non-chalant about imo. Methadone makes much more sense and is far less dangerous in my view, as is heroin like you mentioned (but untainted, fent free heroin is hard to find is my understanding).

I understand where you're coming from and consider yourself lucky to have consistent supply, but statistically speaking, across the US, that's not the case and what you're saying is very much anecdotal. Maybe I was a little harsh in saying I judge you for smoking 15 fent pills a day (after all I was a heroin addict so I understand tolerance, withdrawals etc). But with that said, I don't think basically saying "go slow on the blues" when someone is likely getting a totally different supply to what you are getting when they are only on relatively low dose oxy makes sense. Fentanyl just isn't a drug to be non-chalant about imo. Methadone makes much more sense and is far less dangerous in my view, as is heroin like you mentioned (but untainted, fent free heroin is hard to find is my understanding).

Agreed. Very good points dude.

Sorry but the reason I am so non chalant about this is because that's just how it is around here. One of my friends who is also my dealer, he smokes 40-50 Blues a day! Not even exaggerating. It's just a tolerance thing. And the ones that we get are fire they aren't bunk at all. And the "hotspot" thing you're talking about, in the 2 years that I've been doing these pills not once have I ever encountered that. And I've had to have smoked id say like a few thousand Fentanyl pills? Also none of my friends have ever encountered one either. And none of us have even HEARD of someone getting a bag of Blues and one of the pills being way stronger then the rest... Now I'm not saying these hot spots have never happened to anyone... I'm just saying it's really kinda Rare. It's not at all common like some people try to claim they are.
I relapsed last year on fentanyl and I thought I was fine until I od'd. Same supplier Same drug but yes hot spots happen, you just got lucky but luck runs out.
I went and got on subs then switched to morphine to taper.
At my old clinic (Canada ) people get up to 1000mg on top of methadone to hold them. People also get hydromorph and sell them for fentanyl (and hydromorph is a nice high) . This fentanyl is a one wat street to death basically.

I relapsed last year on fentanyl and I thought I was fine until I od'd. Same supplier Same drug but yes hot spots happen, you just got lucky but luck runs out.
I went and got on subs then switched to morphine to taper.
At my old clinic (Canada ) people get up to 1000mg on top of methadone to hold them. People also get hydromorph and sell them for fentanyl (and hydromorph is a nice high) . This fentanyl is a one wat street to death basically.
I wish my country was already on the same track as yours. Other Scandinavian countries have morphine, oxy and heroin maintenance but my country is way behind.

Fuck you man.
People are dying just because you haven't OD from these blues does not give you the power to condone its use, whether its 15 or 50 a day you're both fucked and will likely not live the next 5 yrs at this rate.
Sorry to be so blunt and irritated but you will get your hotspot eventually, whether its because you took too long of a break or a true hot spot, it's not a matter of if but a matter of WHEN.

Don't sweat it bro. We are not disagreeing, we're just describing our own different experiences.

I understand that this is the case for you. I don't doubt the validity of what you're describing. I think it's amazing that you're able to use Methadone effectively still. I'm up in New England. Here, our Fentanyl is sold pretty much exclusively in bags. When I was a youngster, we would call these "tickets". We never had "tickets" in Boston. We'd always here about New York City and their bag culture and I used to enjoy seeing all of the different branding and shit. In Boston, you'd buy a gram that would weight 0.8g in a tiny piece of plastic, spit from the mouth of the dealer. Anyway, I'm going off the rails with my own life here.

Everyone I talk to up here who does the Fentanyl bags migrates away from the clinic once they start. I used to know a lot of people who still used Heroin that would come to the clinic to collect their dose as a precautionary measure, that sort of thing. It seems people using these Fentanyl bags can't even be bothered to walk down to the clinic in the morning. Methadone is extremely accessible up here. It is free to all who cannot pay. The clinic is extremely liberal regarding expelling folks from the clinic. I know people who still get take-home doses despite consistently popping for all kinds of nonsense on their UA's.

So to me, this mass exodus from the clinic by all of these people is a highly meaningful thing. As someone who cares very much for my fellow-addicts, I find this further alienation from potential services to be especially worrisome. For a lot of these people, the clinic was the last bastion of organized society, life and very-importantly, access to basic medical services. You ask yourself the very sad question, "who is going to help them now?". I would love to say a good coffee and an AA meeting would be enough.

This is why I try my best to steer people away from this direction. I don't ever want to preach. I just don't want people to get lost to the streets with no way out.
Face it a lot of addicts just want to get high, forget all the other shit. Face it there is a percentage of users who just like getting high. No, master plan to get clean just fucked up. But I do enjoy your posts, keep up the good work. It seems(I never go near heroin or Fent) that fent is nothing more than, a colder, more concentrated and evil versoin of heroin. What ever bad issues heroin has; fent is just many times worse

Last edited:

Why not get powder fent (the grey stuff) instead of the blurs? Do the blues smoke well, or do they burn/cause coughing because of the binders?

Fuck you man.
People are dying just because you haven't OD from these blues does not give you the power to condone its use, whether its 15 or 50 a day you're both fucked and will likely not live the next 5 yrs at this rate.
Sorry to be so blunt and irritated but you will get your hotspot eventually, whether its because you took too long of a break or a true hot spot, it's not a matter of if but a matter of WHEN.
No fuck you man! Where in my post was I ever condoning/ encouraging use of Fentanyl! I was simply stating how things are in my area when it comes to blues. And pointing out that the blue Fentanyl pills here don't have any hot spots. And that they arent as dangerous as some people on here Bluelight portray them to be. Now I will say that someone with NO opiate/opioid tolerance at all, if they were to snort/smoke a whole blue. That they would have a fair chance in overdosing. Whether that overdose results in death or not I couldn't say. But if anyone has a tolerance already to opioids even if it's not a real heavy one. If they were do a Fentanyl pill they would likely not be in danger of overdosing. Especially if they don't do the whole pill

Thank you bro for seeing where I was coming from & Keif I must say that's crazy! How over there in New England they will literally get you on the program at the clinic there for FREE! and dose you as high as 200mg?! That's awesome! So are you saying that's for people who have no money or any form of health insurance? They can just walk into the Methadone clinic with an ID I assume, and sign up for services at absolutely no cost?!

No fuck you man! Where in my post was I ever condoning/ encouraging use of Fentanyl! I was simply stating how things are in my area when it comes to blues. And pointing out that the blue Fentanyl pills here don't have any hot spots. And that they arent as dangerous as some people on here Bluelight portray them to be. Now I will say that someone with NO opiate/opioid tolerance at all, if they were to snort/smoke a whole blue. That they would have a fair chance in overdosing. Whether that overdose results in death or not I couldn't say. But if anyone has a tolerance already to opioids even if it's not a real heavy one. If they were do a Fentanyl pill they would likely not be in danger of overdosing. Especially if they don't do the whole pill
You don't know what all the pills in your area even contain. Maybe it's bunk and that's why no one has. Every where else in the world people are dying daily.
You can't say who's at risk of an od so shut it kid

I've been at this shit 15 years and I take high doses of hydromorph and Fentanyl put me out.
How you think no hot spots when a 10mg pill has .005 Fentanyl in it?

I've been at this shit 15 years and I take high doses of hydromorph and Fentanyl put me out.
How you think no hot spots when a 10mg pill has .005 Fentanyl in it?
Yo go, girl( what you don't trust the illiterate Mexican field workers; to be good chemists?) Or the highly professional gangs of street thugs with a pill press and a bag of mystery powder? Never seen fent, did they use food coloring, and if so there should be a warning on Every bag; ( According to the state of California this product contains a dye that can causes hemmeroids in lab rats) or something stupid like that

Last edited:
You don't know what all the pills in your area even contain. Maybe it's bunk and that's why no one has. Every where else in the world people are dying daily.
You can't say who's at risk of an od so shut it kid
The pills here definitely ain't bunk, lol you're funny. And it's like you aren't even reading my posts, or maybe reading comprehension just isn't your best subject. I said that obviously someone who has no opioid tolerance would most likely OD off one of the Blue Fentanyl pills. But if the person has some tolerance to opioids, the chances of them ODing Especially if they only take one or two hits of the pill.

The pills here definitely ain't bunk, lol you're funny. And it's like you aren't even reading my posts, or maybe reading comprehension just isn't your best subject. I said that obviously someone who has no opioid tolerance would most likely OD off one of the Blue Fentanyl pills. But if the person has some tolerance to opioids, the chances of them ODing Especially if they only take one or two hits of the pill.
You've made quite a few posts initially insisting that people are over reacting to the dangers of hotspots and that it's a much rarer occurrence than people suggest. But you're backing that up with your sample size of "I've never OD'd from it and neither has my dealer" which is not very valuable as a study. You can't be confused to how that is bad harm reduction.