• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

fentanyl (GENERICS)

xxanxx said:
Eating the gel would be second but is a little more dangerous because it takes a bit to hit you.

Exactly. I found that out the hard way though :(

As i said in my previous post, i got rather sick.

soundphaRm said:
^^Actually, Paradoxcycle, those are the Estradiol (female hormone) patches (also made by Mylan, though).
The fentanyl patches look completely different (they're dark, rectangular patches, w/ the strength imprinted on them in white) although, I'm quite sure that the application process is the same...;)

So you're still saying I can't cut it up and then wear it? Why not? If it's not a gel then how would it be bad or dangerous? The fentanyl should be evenly distributed throughout the patch in some sort of a solid mass.

This is the last question I need answered then I will be ready to dose.

If I can't cut it I don't know WTF I'm going to do. I don't think I can smoke this shit because there's no gel. Smoking the plastic would probably give me tumors or something. If I can't cut and wear it then I guess I'll eat tiny little pieces of it at a time and wait several hours before taking more.

This Linz guy (in one of the above posts) said he cut a 100mcg/hr mylan patch in half and it worked for him.

Also read this thread: http://www.drugs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7904

Someone reported that their doctor said there was a new patch that could be cut and worn which is assumed to be this solid mylan patch I have. Looks like I might be have to be a fucking guinea pig, which sucks because I don't have health insurance and I don't want to fuck up and OD. I also don't want to be paranoid after I put this patch on, it could ruin the experience.

I just want to be safe, get high, and waste as little fentanyl is possible (in that order).

This is crazy. It's never taken me this long to get the info I need to feel confident about trying a new drug. I guess it's because these generic fentanyls are brand new.

I'm hoping there's no good reason why I can't cut it and wear it. Keep the feedback coming. Thanks so far for all the info everyone.

Last edited:
s0nic said:
^^ Are you familiar with these brand new MYLAN SOLID fentanyl patches or are you giving me advice as if I were talking about a duragesic gel patch?

Yes, sorry about that, I thought you were talking about the Duragesic gel-based patches. I had a rough day on life-flight yesterday, so the words just kind of started to blend together on the screen. Yeah, I have yet to run into these types of solid patches, so I really don't have any constructive info for you on use/abuse of these. Don't kill yourself by accident w/ these, and maybe report back to us how it went... :\

MagicHours said:
sonic, the other part of the patch i just sealed up airtight in a ziplock bag. its the best i could think of. It was a duragesic i believe. sorry for the late response.

Ok, I guess that's what I'll do as well.

About my tolerance. I have no significant tolerance, cuz i dont use very often, but all the opiates i have used are hydrocodone, codeine, morphine, heroin, and now fentanyl.

How much hydrocodone or morphine does it usually take to get you high? With hydro I could take as low as 10-15mg to get a little buzz and 20-30mg to get really high. If I started taking them every day that would be a different story though.

Another note: i was very sick the next morning. I think i took to much (no shit).

Ok, well how much exactly did you take? I know you said you took a quarter of your patch. What was the total mg of the patch? Was it 2.5, 5.1, or 10? So you ate .625mg (at the very least) and it was a little bit too much for you? That's good to know. If I eat the patch I want to at least start at a really low dose and wait a few hours to see how I react.

soundphaRm said:
Yes, sorry about that, I thought you were talking about the Duragesic gel-based patches. I had a rough day on life-flight yesterday, so the words just kind of started to blend together on the screen. Yeah, I have yet to run into these types of solid patches, so I really don't have any constructive info for you on use/abuse of these. Don't kill yourself by accident w/ these, and maybe report back to us how it went... :\

K man, no prob. Thanks. I still am waiting for the residual amounts of diazepam to leave my system before I try these. I've done 170mg total in the past 10 days. I started at 30mg/day and tapered my dose down to 5/mg day and I ran out of pills on Sunday afternoon (about 30 hours ago). So I'm thinking I'll be extra safe and wait till at least Wednesday to try part of this patch, although maybe I'll try it tomorrow if I get really brave. :)

Since I'm starting low I think the worst thing that'll happen to me is I'll get sick.

EDIT: Also.. if I decide to wear it. If it doesnt stay stuck to me for whatever reason, how dangerous would it be for me to put medical tape on the very edges of it? Would this cause the fentanyl to be released that much faster? Is there any other sort of special tape/dressing I can buy OTC that might help me out?

Last edited:
Just to help you out. I recently tried a 75ug duragesic patch (wearing it) this weekend for the first time and I was fine. I was pretty high for two days but towards the end of the second day I was pretty annoyed with how i was feeling (headache, sick of the high) and took it off. I'm semi-tolerant but nothing compared to many on these boards. It takes about 50mg hydrocodone to get me off.

Sonic, i also need about 20mg - 25mg of hydro. This is pretty much exactly what i did with my patch: i cut just less than a quarter off the entire patch. I took that piece, cut it into thirds. I ate one third which did nothing. 2 hours later, i sucked the gel out of the second third then about 10 minutes later i sucked the gel out of the third third. If you have any more questions, PM me, i think that might be easier.

I have the same shit, take a look at my gallery, i made a picture of the patch, but to my despair i can't squeeze out the gel. the patch is just overall solid and sticky. i thing i'm going to soke a piece of it in some saline and inject. ( i smoked a piece of the patch, but it tasted horrible, burning plastic ugh )
8(

yeah man, them are the same patches i had. Read back on the posts i made before about cutting and sucking the gell out. You just throw the patch in your mouth and suck. The plastic usually just falls apart in your mouth.

I have a new question though, im not sure if these are the same thing Sonic was talking about though. I could possibly acquire some new fentanyl patches that dont have gel in them. Apparently they are just...pathces. What would be the best method of using these?

Sorry for the lack of info, as soon as i see them ill post what kind and what dosage they are.

The best method for using these is TO WEAR THEM...end of story. If you have the "old" Duragesic gel-based ones...you can eat/smoke the gel after 50-60 hours. Doing this before you have worn it is stupid in my opinion. I got better "relief" from wearing it then even smoking/eating the remaining gel, so i don't see why people do that before they have even worn it.

But there is some gel in there after you wear it! Not the full amount you started with, but i'd say a half after48 hours....just don't sleep with it on before the 2nd night

Ok, here's the story:

I decided to try 1/4th of the patch last night (12.5/mcg hr). I put it on around 7pm. I decided to take it last night because I have a job interview on Friday and I wanted to be "clean" and sober by then. I've been communicating with LinZ-E via PM and she verified for me that it is in fact safe and effective to cut up these new mylan solid patches and wear them.

The patch stayed stuck on me quite well. I'm not sure why people are reporting that they're having problems with them sticking. Maybe these people have bad skin, or they aren't pressing down on the patch hard enough, or who knows? I was a little concerned the patch might fall off because my fiance was babysitting her 1 and a half year old nephew. It would be absolutely horrible if the patch fell off me when he was in the house. I made sure to constantly check to make sure the patch was still on me. I tried to stay in my room for most of the night because of this.

Around 10:45 I started to feel a little euphoria. It was nice, it felt as if I was on a medium dose of oxycodone. At 11:30 or so the high got stronger. I enjoyed myself playing video games and watching simpsons episodes and other cartoons until I fell asleep around 1:30am. I thought about taking off the patch before I fell asleep, but I decided not to since the high wasn't THAT intense and I was concerned that once I took off the patch it might not re-stick on me.

I woke up around 4am soaked in sweat and feeling sick. I also felt sore in the area where I had applied the patch. I got up to go to the bathroom and I noticed I was feeling extremely weak. It took me about 5 minutes standing there trying to piss. Just standing up for this long was making me exausted. I felt dehydrated so I mixed some gator-aide and water and tried to go back to bed. Unfortunately I didn't have any ginger-ale in the house to help me with my nausea.

I laid in bed for an hour or so trying to tough it out. I had an extreme urge to throw up, but I resisted the urge. I also was getting concerned that my fever was causing too much fentanyl to be released into my system. It felt like it was constantly getting worse, so at around 5am I finally decided to take the damn thing off. It was really hard to pull off and I still have a red mark and I'm sore in the area where I had applied the patch. I couldn't fall asleep until around 6am.

I woke up this morning still feeling a little sick, but I've been feeling gradually better and better as the day goes on. As a matter of fact this morning the symptoms I had felt very similar to mild opiate withdrawal. Right now I'm at work feeling semi-normal. My side still feels sore from where I had the patch, I wonder why that is?

I'm so glad I started off low and didn't try applying the whole patch. I probably would have gotten a lot sicker or maybe even required medical attention if I took a dose of 50mcg/hr.

Overall, this experience obviously wasn't worth it for me. I'm not sure if I'd try fentanyl again. I had a bad experience with methadone the first time I tried it, but the 2nd-4th times were much more enjoyable. Maybe after I go on another OC binge I might try fentaynl again since my tolerance might be high enough at that point to handle this powerful substance.

I guess this proves once again how sensitive I am to opiates. This is a good thing when it comes to short acting oral opiates such as oxycodone or hydrocodone because I don't have to spend as much money to get high. On the other hand it means I can't tolerate the more powerful chemicals.

I think I have the remaining portion of the patch preserved quite well. I have it in it's original packaging and vaccum sealed. I'm assuming it will still be good until it's expiration date (August 2006). As for the part of the patch I applied, I saved it just for the hell of it. I'm sure it will be no good in a few days, but I don't really care.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and support. I received tons of helpful information from lots of people. I guess I accomplished my goals. I stayed relatively safe, got high (but sick), and preserved the remaining portion of the patch.

Yes, glad to hear you were safe and exercised caution and good judgement. Sorry to hear you had a little sickness, better luck next time. It might be a good idea to try and trade that patch for some short-acting oral opiates? Just a thought for someone with your tolerance. Cheers

xxanxx said:
Yes, glad to hear you were safe and exercised caution and good judgement. Sorry to hear you had a little sickness, better luck next time. It might be a good idea to try and trade that patch for some short-acting oral opiates? Just a thought for someone with your tolerance. Cheers

Yeah, that would be a good idea. The problem is that most of the people I know haven't even heard of fentanyl and they would get even sicker than I did, or they'd try to wear the whole patch and end up in the ER.

The only person I trust with this patch is the guy who gave it to me. He's had a prescription for them for the past few months. I don't think his doctor will be giving him pills any time soon though.

I'm just going to hang on to this patch until I meet someone with a high tolerance who's willing to trade or as I mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if my tolerance goes up sometime in the future. These days I buy as much hydro and oxy as I can whenever I can.

It's too bad I couldn't smoke this thing. I'd like to try that instead of wearing it next time. I'm not too interested in smoking plastic though :\ .

After wearing the solid Mylan patches for a few days (as directed), what is the best way to get the last couple mg's of fentanyl out of the patch?

i just cut the patch in half (usually a 100 mcg patch) and eat about 3/4 the gel and then rub the remaining 1/4 on the veins on my wrist till its absorbed..i am opiate tolerant tho...i wrap the other half of the patch in tinfoil to store it and put it in a dark cool area...eating the gel is the best way to feel the high IMO wearing it takes to long and you dont get "hit" like eating it does..hope this helps

The British national formulary gives a recommended dose of between 50 and 200 micrograms[with spontaneous respiration] i'd guess your dose would be toward the high end of this ,given that you are a healthy adult.
However i'd suggest that for your own peace of mind that you go to a public library and look up in a more up to date formulary as mine is now ten years old.