• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News FDA bans Juul e-cigarettes tied to teen vaping surge

Let's be clear that this is simply enforcement of a law, the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, that was passed in 2009 but which the FDA took a very long time to apply to the enforcement of e-cigarette sales, in large part due to a "grace period" of several years that was given to e-cigarette sellers. It was indeed a Democratic administration that passed that law, but not the current one, and it passed with large bipartisan majorities.
While that is true, it is pretty undeniable that this administration has been making a large push to further regulate tobacco

appeals court has blocked the ban for now

I think most of us are here. Putting experimental Chinese powders into your body to discover a new reality or numb your current one isn't exactly a caricature of mental health.
You have a point.
DXM for one sure isn't good for your mental health or health in general let alone 3C-E which is horrific.

meanwhile my juul pod stash is down to 9, and I'm about to import some.. fucking joke when I can go to any number of shops and purchase an under the counter nicotine based vape..

rant warning...

here in oz the government whether it be left or right have their boots on our necks. I believe there is growing resentment by the general public after the past 2 1/2 years of increased government regulation, lock downs, and intrusion into peoples lives. the Victorian state government subjected Melbourne to the world's longest lock down, which included protestors being shot with rubber bullets etc.. you get the drift. oh the irony of living in the worlds 9th ranked democratic society - don't get me started on the worlds 2nd ranked democratic society over the ditch in NZL where people born after 2011 won't be able to buy a pack of ciggies from 2025, at least in NZL can still legally buy juul pods - I'll have to rant about the NZL govt perpetrated human rights abuses of blaring barry manilow tunes in an effort to disperse lock down protestors another day.

I think a lot of us are asking how the political framework allowed state based politicians cum despots and their public servant bureaucrats to implement divisive, inhumane policies and emergency powers based on advice that turned out to be bullshit from so-called experts, all the while subjecting the public to daily lectures shaming and blaming the the public (who fund their jobs) for the situation - some taking glee in the suffering of those in lock down.

The recent federal government election saw the downfall of a prime minister who was ineffective in dealing with the situation and provided piss poor leadership over his term. It will be interesting to see what happens in the victorian state election later this year, which will be a good indicator of where the public sentiment is at with reguards to increased regulation and intrusion into our lives.

Unfortunately with regards to personal choice/individual rights there are many un-elected, virtual signalling, uber wealthy, psycopathic tyrants such as those that actively participate in the WEF and collude with govt's worldwide by proposing ideas and policies that violate natural/inalienable rights to think that we will be less governed/regulated in the future. Apparenty utopia is a place where the general population own nothing and are happy, all the while having every aspect of your life tracked and monitored, personal/individual rights will be limited to the 1% of the society that run the show - fuck that.

As for Biden (insert pretty much any other politician/president of the past couple of decades) the senile old prick, he's projecting weakness and confusion and when he can remember or read his printed instructions he's just a shill for the likes of herr Schwab, Gates, Soros and other 120 or so billionaire cronies that attend Davos.