• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News FDA bans Juul e-cigarettes tied to teen vaping surge

I'm not a big fan of Biden but I'll take him over Trump for sure. Hell, I'd take Nixon over Trump.

But yeah, this is ridiculous.

I'm sick of politicians on the Left AND the Right trying to protect me from myself.
So by your own words you are sick if the left and right YET you still say you would pick Biden over Trump?

Are you mentally ill or just really fucking stupid? I admire your Hakim Bey spirit but FFS wake up to the real way we are all played by "the system"

kids dont even fucking juul, they just use disposables now lmao

jfc america. haven't had a good president since fdr. carter on a good day.

I'm not a big fan of Biden but I'll take him over Trump for sure. Hell, I'd take Nixon over Trump.

But yeah, this is ridiculous.

I'm sick of politicians on the Left AND the Right trying to protect me from myself.
I hate Republicans...but they would've never banned already legal drugs like cigs.

No on drug reform for illegal drugs progressives are the only hope. Dems will go along with Republicans punish and prohibit approach

So many people in these comments are making this a party political thing. As far as I'm concerned both American parties are basically cut from the same cloth with slight branding differences. ESPECIALLY when it comes to drugs.

It was Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, who introduced alcohol prohibition ; but there again it was the Republican Richard Nixon who coined the term 'war on drugs', and Ronald Reagan, another Republican, who championed the brainless 'just say no' campaign. Prohibitionist laws are used to virtue - signal to the electorate.
US politics and society in general are essentially still suffused with the Protestant ethic, according to which pleasure is a frivolity and intoxication of any sort a work of the devil. Marry that to a culture of rampant capitalism, and you have a combination that values human beings only as production units whose only purpose is to work, and whose needs and joys deserve no consideration.

Not to forget that the anti-drug stance which the US aggressively pursued and forced the rest of the world to adopt, was right from the first opium laws motivated by politics. It offered a perfect excuse for the economic exploitation of, and military meddling in, other countries under the guise of a moral crusade no 'right thinking' person could possibly argue against. It was, is and has always been an instrument of American hegemony.

So by your own words you are sick if the left and right YET you still say you would pick Biden over Trump?

Are you mentally ill or just really fucking stupid? I admire your Hakim Bey spirit but FFS wake up to the real way we are all played by "the system"
No, I am BOTH mentally ill AND really fucking stupid. Obviously.

I didn't say I was 100% sick of the Left. I said I was sick of laws that attempt to protect me from myself. I don't care for our political system in general, but I MUCH PREFER the Left over the Right.

Personally, I am liberal/progressive with strong libertarian leanings. Put that in your pipe and smoke it --- along with whatever else ya wanna smoke.

Let's be clear that this is simply enforcement of a law, the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, that was passed in 2009 but which the FDA took a very long time to apply to the enforcement of e-cigarette sales, in large part due to a "grace period" of several years that was given to e-cigarette sellers. It was indeed a Democratic administration that passed that law, but not the current one, and it passed with large bipartisan majorities.

No, I am BOTH mentally ill AND really fucking stupid. Obviously.

I didn't say I was 100% sick of the Left. I said I was sick of laws that attempt to protect me from myself. I don't care for our political system in general, but I MUCH PREFER the Left over the Right.

Personally, I am liberal/progressive with strong libertarian leanings. Put that in your pipe and smoke it --- along with whatever else ya wanna smoke.
Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.

personally I dont give two shits about a juul ban, it was a shitty product anyways

the pods are like $10 for .5ml of juice... that's a massive rip off

now, if they ban nic juice or vaping in general, I'd be up in arms... but juul? idgaf

personally I dont give two shits about a juul ban, it was a shitty product anyways

the pods are like $10 for .5ml of juice... that's a massive rip off

now, if they ban nic juice or vaping in general, I'd be up in arms... but juul? idgaf
I agree.
I have a BLU vape device which I sometimes use at work or other places I can't smoke. But I can easily live without it.
My true love is cigarettes-- and an occasional Grizzly pouch.

My true love is cigarettes-- and an occasional Grizzly pouch.
I do miss a good cig buzz, but I don't miss cigs themselves. Glad I quit.

But I do randomly crave a good can of grizzly every now and then. Mmmm grizzly wintergreen 🔥🔥

If they are banning them then they are .looking at banning vaping. How can they justify banning a certain brand.. what shit.

uld we ban DRs??
This is what I don’t understand about the menthol ban
not like I want them coming for my cigs
if it’s bad it’s bad it’s not cherry picking the types of bad or the people who can and cannot be trusted to make their own choices

US politics and society in general are essentially still suffused with the Protestant ethic, according to which pleasure is a frivolity and intoxication of any sort a work of the devil. Marry that to a culture of rampant capitalism, and you have a combination that values human beings only as production units whose only purpose is to work, and whose needs and joys deserve no consideration.
The irony is that the people who actually need drugs in the form of medication in order to actually hold down a job and otherwise be productive members of society end up having great difficulty doing so because of our hamfisted approach to drug legislation. Bans don't make drugs go away--they go underground instead.

Our government has the grandiose delusion of omnipotence, that any law they pass can be enforced so effectively so as to guarantee that society will obey. But the beast that is human desire cannot be controlled through bans and prohibition. Just like how a wave of crime arose in the 1920's in response to alcohol prohibition, you can be certain that people are going to end up vaping sketchy black market devices they bought off of Wish or the like.

I view our society's miserable attempts at drug legislation like this: you know how hard it can be to lose weight? You can make a big, fancy spreadsheet with all the calories, macros, and so forth, but ultimately your success comes down to your ability to reign in your hunger and actually stick to the plan. Right now, the government is trying to put our nation on an indefinite dry fast, and, to no surprise, people end up sneaking out at night to binge on cupcakes and oreos. And the government knows nobody is sticking to their crazy starvation regiment, but they're too proud to admit it and actually allow people to eat food in a sane, moderated fashion.

I view our society's miserable attempts at drug legislation like this: you know how hard it can be to lose weight? You can make a big, fancy spreadsheet with all the calories, macros, and so forth, but ultimately your success comes down to your ability to reign in your hunger and actually stick to the plan. Right now, the government is trying to put our nation on an indefinite dry fast, and, to no surprise, people end up sneaking out at night to binge on cupcakes and oreos. And the government knows nobody is sticking to their crazy starvation regiment, but they're too proud to admit it and actually allow people to eat food in a sane, moderated fashion.

I like the analogy, Miasma! You can imagine the black market that would pop up if the only legal foods were rice, protein powder, canola oil, and vitamin pills.

P. S.: Welcome to Bluelight!

Man,
I totally agree with you. Menthol cigarettes are the nastiest thing ever created by human kind.

In Ontario they came up with something known as a "popper" which is not amyl nitrite, but which consists of stuffing roughly a centimetre-long piece of cigarette into a bong stem, covering it with a layer of weed, and burning the lot while inhaling until the cigarette stub burns through and the air "pops" through the bong water into your lungs. The head rush is something else. I once tried this with a Newport menthol cigarette and it was probably the most disgusting taste of anything I've ever inhaled, and I've smoked some weird chemicals. I never did that again!

In Ontario they came up with something known as a "popper" which is not amyl nitrite, but which consists of stuffing roughly a centimetre-long piece of cigarette into a bong stem, covering it with a layer of weed, and burning the lot while inhaling until the cigarette stub burns through and the air "pops" through the bong water into your lungs. The head rush is something else. I once tried this with a Newport menthol cigarette and it was probably the most disgusting taste of anything I've ever inhaled, and I've smoked some weird chemicals. I never did that again!
Ewwwww, on the other hand Amyl nitrates 👍 gold rush yummmm. I have good memories with that brand and Amsterdam also at raves. Alkyl nitrate* to be specific. In Canada they closed down the Fabric of PWD a few years ago :( they make it in Portugal now I think. Nevertheless they are fun to do em at raves.