thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

FDA bans Juul e-cigarettes tied to teen vaping surge​

Matthew Perrone
AP
23 Jun 2022

Excerpt:
Federal health officials on Thursday ordered Juul to pull its electronic cigarettes from the U.S. market, the latest blow to the embattled company widely blamed for sparking a national surge in teen vaping.

The action is part of a sweeping effort by the Food and Drug Administration to bring scientific scrutiny to the multibillion-dollar vaping industry after years of regulatory delays.

The FDA said Juul must stop selling its vaping device and its tobacco and menthol flavored cartridges. Those already on the market must be removed. Consumers aren’t restricted from having or using Juul’s products, the agency said.

To stay on the market, companies must show that their e-cigarettes benefit public health. In practice, that means proving that adult smokers who use them are likely to quit or reduce their smoking, while teens are unlikely to get hooked on them.

Full article here.

This shit pisses me off so much... the Biden administration has been fucking awful. So many draconian laws passed in only two years time... I swear, I'm done with the Democratic party. I'm sick of their lies, their hate, their extreme desire to rob every American of every right they possibly can. Focusing on non-issues while the country literally and figuratively burns.

And the worst part is that every Democrat I talk to thinks this is a good thing

They want it stick it to “big tobacco” without considering that this will probably line their pockets even more (as combustible tobacco still is largely untouched)

I definitely get wanting to protect kids. When I was in high school the bathrooms always smelled fruity due to kids vaping in there

But I don’t see how banning the vapes while leaving alternatives that produce actual smoke will help kids

Moving posts to this new thread as the article is more recent (hopefully people will read it )

Last edited:
And the worst part is that every Democrat I talk to thinks this is a good thing
Same. I've had people tell me, "Good, I can't control myself enough to quit." WHAT? Who gives a fuck if YOU have an addiction issue?! I buy a pack of cigs like, once or twice a year. Maybe a tin or two of pipe tobacco, a cigar here and there. Essentially, I use tobacco maybe 10-30 days a year, hardly worthy of concern. And I should be punished because YOU can't control your urges?! Why don't we ban children? That'll get rid of the pedophile problem right? No children, no statutory rape can occur! Great plan!!! No more kids! Kids cause urges!!!

It's hyperbolic but yeah, I can't understand why people are so happy to fork over their rights.

I do the same pretty much.

My friends and I will buy a disposable vape a few times a year if we’re going out to a concert, nightclub, etc.

I can count on my two hands how many times I’ve used nicotine in the past year

But yeah it’s just doesn’t make sense, should we ban White Claws because the fruity flavors attract kids too lol ?

Oh they're on about it here too, but that's completely unsurprising. We've never been able to get nicotine juice but we could import it from the US. They've banned that now too. Australia is the biggest smoke Nazi in the world.

🙄🙄🙄

This shit pisses me off so much... the Biden administration has been fucking awful. So many draconian laws passed in only two years time... I swear, I'm done with the Democratic party. I'm sick of their lies, their hate, their extreme desire to rob every American of every right they possibly can. Focusing on non-issues while the country literally and figuratively burns.
Where's my health care? Where's my lack of unneeded foreign intervention?

Democrats just take the policy of republicans and sugar coat it. It's really annoying.

It's not like republicans have very good policies to begin with, it's short term thinking at its finest usually.

To sugar coat these neocon policies and act like it's a good thing is insulting to left leaning voters and rarely pans out long term.

I'm avoiding talking about particular presidents because the president is a figure head.

Democrats; weed ciggies = good.
Tobacco ciggies = bad

Whose ready for cartel fentanyl menthol ciggies; fenthol...cooling flavor and instant euphoric pleasure....may include meth.

I'm ready to vote republican for the first time in my goddamn life. I can't believe I'm saying this. I hate democrats more than anything..this administration has been the biggest corrupt failure I've ever witnessed in my lifetime on so many issues.

I don't even smoke cigs.

Democrats; weed ciggies = good.
Tobacco ciggies = bad

We have this in Mexico too, it's even illegal to import your own vape, just one or two expensive shops are allowed to sell vape devices and liquids while normal cigs are dirt cheap. Also like with alcohol the sale is limited to daylight hours.

It sucks.

If they are banning them then they are .looking at banning vaping. How can they justify banning a certain brand.. what shit.

To stay on the market, companies must show that their e-cigarettes benefit public health

What about requiring KFC to prove they benefit public health.

Another terrible call by a medical professional, you are significantly safer smoking and staying the fuck away from doctors.. lol. Way cheaper too!! Press one for billing and as always the arrogance is mandatory and free, but we still charge full price for our failures.

Analyzing medical death rate data over an eight-year period, Johns Hopkins patient safety experts have calculated that more than 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error in the U.S. Their figure, published May 3 in The BMJ, surpasses the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) third leading cause of death — respiratory disease, which kills close to 150,000 people per year.

Doctors kill more people than smoking does.. should we ban DRs??

Last edited:
We have this in Mexico too, it's even illegal to import your own vape, just one or two expensive shops are allowed to sell vape devices and liquids while normal cigs are dirt cheap. Also like with alcohol the sale is limited to daylight hours.

It sucks.
Is there a robust black market?

The vape black market in the US was killing a bunch of ppl due to poison...should be a big resurgence of this soon

Is there a robust black market?

The vape black market in the US was killing a bunch of ppl due to poison...should be a big resurgence of this soon
Not to my knowledge, I saw very very little people vaping, I think just one guy in months. There are also comparatively little people smoking I think.

I'm not a big fan of Biden but I'll take him over Trump for sure. Hell, I'd take Nixon over Trump.

But yeah, this is ridiculous.

I'm sick of politicians on the Left AND the Right trying to protect me from myself.

This is crazy I knew this anti vape propaganda had a agenda behind it. The agenda is to get nicotine hooked adults back to smoking cigarettes and therefore more health problems and more deaths for the government to profit off of. Seriously?? Let's ban hard alcohol and only keep beer on the shelves because a minor can walk into a store and jack a bottle of hard liquor and OD on it or get themselves into trouble.

This is crazy I knew this anti vape propaganda had a agenda behind it. The agenda is to get nicotine hooked adults back to smoking cigarettes and therefore more health problems and more deaths for the government to profit off of. Seriously?? Let's ban hard alcohol and only keep beer on the shelves because a minor can walk into a store and jack a bottle of hard liquor and OD on it or get themselves into trouble.
Let's ban all cough and cold medicine too while we are at it. In fact, you need a doctor's prescription for coffee and sugar in this utopia where no one is able to make decisions about their substances of choice.

Thank god I can count on the government to patronize and annoy me as I seem utterly incapable of learning from my own mistakes or making a cost benefit analysis.

At this point I feel like it's important to learn how to grow your own tobacco and it you like vaping construct your own device like how Padawan's build their first lightsaber & learn to extract or press your own nicotine and get propylene glycol and terpenes to make your own vape juice.

Just figured this out I assume 🙄