• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favourite film trilogy??

sparkle_jez

Ex-Bluelighter
It can be more than 3 if you like . E.G Star wars/ Alien films.

My vote goes to the Alien films, and of course, the original star wars films, and Lord of the rings.....

The worst trilogy?? The batman films....they really fucked it up completely with the 3rd installment onwards.....The scream movies also became ridiculous towards the end.....

hmmm,i will have to say the Porky's movies. i thought the second was better then the first. the third was pushing it though.

Back to the Future
i hope that the smily face you posted after this quote was to refer to the joke you were making and not about the excellency of your choice.
are you serioius? oh and LOTR and Star wars

The Godfather movies. The brilliance of the first and second ones make up for the third one.

Other than that I vote for Lord of the Rings and the original Star Wars trilogy.

TiberCross said:
i hope that the smily face you posted after this quote was to refer to the joke you were making and not about the excellency of your choice.
are you serioius? oh and LOTR and Star wars

No, I grew up with the trilogy and I really enjoyed it and I still do. Everyone is going to say basically the same thing in this thread.

Godfather - I and II but since III sucked so bad it doesn't make it my favorite trilogy.

I liked Star Wars, but not enough to watch it as many times as I'd watch the above ....

I've never seen Aliens

And LOTR isn't a trilogy:p

BTTF was always cool.

mainstream trilogy--hellraiser (the last forty or fifty straight to video ones dont count

arthouse trilogy--the three colors by Kieslowski

Matrix
Home Alone
Die Hard
Police Academy
Jurassic Park
American Pie
Rambo
The Terminator
Spy Kids
Mad Max
Scream
Beverly Hills Cop
Revenge of the Nerds

just kidding...... (for all)

Seriously though - there are movies out of SOME of these trilogies that I like - but none of the ones mentioned above have all 3 as great movies IMO.

Have I left any out?

I do like BTTF - Indiana Jones & Orig Star Wars - no surprises there.....

Last edited:
BTTF wha?

What are you talking about? BTTF movies were big stuff when i was growing up. I LOVED them all and the Michael J FOX. He is still one of the sweetest actors of all time in my book. :p
It would of been my second choice. *shakes head*

Oh, and i would pick Meatballs too but when they brought in that alien in part three that was just a little over -the- top for me.

gosh matrix. no.

how about the other trilogy...
clerks
mallrats
chasing amy
the jersey trilogy
then it became four with dogma, maybe in some minds but i believe its a different type feeling movie than the others
then came jay and silent bob strike back
it became like star wars orginal three had thier high points then once it was added on to for the fifth movie it was going downwards

wanderlust said:
gosh matrix. no.

how about the other trilogy...
clerks
mallrats
chasing amy
the jersey trilogy
then it became four with dogma, maybe in some minds but i believe its a different type feeling movie than the others
then came jay and silent bob strike back
it became like star wars orginal three had thier high points then once it was added on to for the fifth movie it was going downwards

okay, if you want to play like that then Kevin Smith would win hands down in my book by a long shot.