⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite / Most Underrated Movies

my favorite uncommon movies:

Kids (maybe it's because i grew up in nyc and basically lived that same life day to day)

Tromeo+Juliet (strange off the wall bizzaar comedy)

Eating Out (gay/lesbian comedy)

Saving Face (another lesbian drama - about a asian lesbian who is hiding her relationship from her very strict mother.. and then finds out her mom is also hiding a huge secret... )

Thats all i can think of now..

and i agree with Donnie Darko which has been mentioned :)

Bi KaNd*E* RaVeR said:
Tromeo+Juliet (strange off the wall bizzaar comedy)

Yes yes yes!. I love Troma films!. This is one of the better ones that I've seen. I really liked Terror Firmer aswell. It's just trashy nonsense but it can be damn funny at times :)

Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss

It's basically the sequel to A Christmas Story. Ralphie gets his first job and the family goes on vacation together. Pure hilarity! :D

I believe it was only made for TV so it's pretty rare, but definitely worth it if you find it. :)

(Wordy) said:

YES!

These aren't all favorites, but I do feel these films are generally overlooked/underrated by most film fans and critics:

Christine (Clarke, 1987)--NOT the John Carpenter movie!
La Luna (Bertolucci, 1979)--this is hard to come across. I have a bootleg VHS, but I know torrents exist on the web.
Abigail's Party (Leigh, 1977)
Fat City (Houston, 1972)
Elevator to the Gallows (Malle, 1958)
A Gentle Woman (Bresson, 1969)
What Happened Was ... (Noonan, 1994)
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (Casavettes, 1976)
El Topo (Jodorowsky, 1970)

I agree with Repulsion aswell. I remember seeing it late one night on TV and it scared the crap out of me. And I hardly ever get scared by films.

Abigail's Party is excellent too. My mum and dad was always watching that when I was a kid. "Another little top up, Sue" lol

And I like Storytelling too. Not as good as Welcome To The Dollhouse imo but still really depressing/funny at the same time.

Thirty-Two Short Films About Glenn Gould

Genius piano player who gave up live performance at the height of his fame. His most famous performance are the Goldberg Variations by Bach, which are also divided into 32 sections.

"Masala," although I don't remember every facet.

^^ raised by murderers, lol.

Last edited:
Dune runners hands down. tim curry is an evil brain sucker. nuff said

40121982.jpg

The Truman Show

people 'liked' this film but seemed to forget it. I thought there were some serious philosophical/ethical/sociological issues in this film. I think I find new ones every time I watch it but I might just really enjoy it.

You know what, Truman Show really is one of those underrated films. I remember first seeing it, and thinking, I haven't ever seen a film done like this.

Side note: Is it true the film 'Kids' is extremely fucked up? Everyone who has seen it, describes it that way. Any particular reason?

Hell yeah for the Truman Show. It ends with a fizzle, but on the whole it's a terrific work. Peter Weir did a wonderful job directing that film, especially in showing the whole first half from the hidden camera POV.

I nominate "Birdy."

I'm amazed at how few people know of this one. It's directed by Alan Parker (The Wall, Midnight Express), it stars Matthew Modine and Nicholas Cage (doing some of the best work of their careers), and features a totally awesome score by Peter Gabriel.

Side note: Is it true the film 'Kids' is extremely fucked up? Everyone who has seen it, describes it that way. Any particular reason?

Kids is fucked up, but in the way that makes you think. It's a real eye opener and a good movie.