Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite / Most Underrated Movies

^ the 40 year old virgin underexposed? it made over $100m in the us alone and nearly $175m worlwide :)

i agree it was a great comedy.

alasdair

Agree with Very Bad Things. Although it's been quite a few years since I saw it... maybe I'd have a different opinion if I saw it again?

My picks would be Boiler Room, Scorsese's King of Comedy, and 28 Days Later, although I'm guessing the latter would probably be popular with BLers?

Last edited:
(Wordy) said:
Scorsese's King of Comedy
about 5 years ago, some friends of mine lived in an apartment in san francisco and their landlord's name was rupert pupkin. :)

alasdair

Igby Goes Down!!!! <3
Black and White by James Toback
Before Sunrise/Before Sunset
Kubrick's Lolita

Bookies. Everyone was great in that movie,especially Johnny Galecki. Also,Frailty. That movie had me hooked from beginning to end.

wierd, i thought i put this here, sorry if it is a repeat from another thread...

anyway, there is a movie, called the cube, some b movie from canada, that was really great despite the bad acting....check it out...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/

Cube is fantastic... conceptual, Kafkaesque sci-fi chills.

One more from me: Alexandra's Project.

Steven Soderbergh's Kafka

one of Alec Guinness' last films. Jeremy Irons and the supporting cast turn in strong performances. The score is fantastic, and the film is beautifully shot. The story, which incorporates various parts of Kafka's works, sometimes gets silly, but the tone and atmosphere are perfect.

Banquo said:
Steven Soderbergh's Kafka

one of Alec Guinness' last films. Jeremy Irons and the supporting cast turn in strong performances. The score is fantastic, and the film is beautifully shot. The story, which incorporates various parts of Kafka's works, sometimes gets silly, but the tone and atmosphere are perfect.

I'll have to see this... Kafka is one of my favourite writers.

Empire Records. I watched it well before it became a trendy cult classic, and loved every minute of it. I think it's explosion onto the scene with it's sudden popularity kind of destroyed any chance it ever had as being taken as a legitimately good movie - it even wrecked it a little for me... It's simple, more than reasonably realistic even with its slightly caricatured characters, funny, and quotable without being hokey or overly cliche/trendy. It makes me smile every time.

Let me put another vote in for James Cameron's "Strange Days", which seems to be the only movie of his that has (unfortunately) dropped out of sight, in spite of being (IMO) the most daring sci-fi picture of the 1990s.

Igby Goes Down
Manic
Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrells
Intacto
Donnie Darko
The Salton Sea
Requiem For a Dream are just a few off of the top of my head...