• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD what are you munching on? Not overdone like the last thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a nice doc on it over on youtube - the sugar and the brain - short too. basically sugar can trigger the same receptors (dopaminergic) that some drugs do... even more curious, sugar free (but still sweet) drink can do the same. so basically, the name is well chosen coca cola - coke ;)

so basically, the name is well chosen coca cola - coke ;)

You do realise the original recipe for Coca Cola had both cocaine (coca) and caffeine from the kola nut (cola)? I didn't know the latter myself but just Googled the history. No wonder it became such a popular drink... that's a great business model... put addictive substances in your drinks. :D

The more sugar you eat, the more you crave it... food these days is absolutely packed with sugar. Everyone worries about eating too much fat but sugar is actually the bigger issue.

True that. I try and avoid eating processed sugar, or refined sugar or whatever its called, fruit is the main sugary stuff i consume now. i swear too much of the refined shit effects my mood a bit as well

edit: just seen what kingme wrote about the dopamine receptors. must be that

You do realise the original recipe for Coca Cola had both cocaine (coca) and caffeine from the kola nut (cola)? I didn't know the latter myself but just Googled the history. No wonder it became such a popular drink... that's a great business model... put addictive substances in your drinks. :D

i did know that
did you know about the pope endorsed coke-wine mix?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Mariani

Usually I eat like, a muffin or a big cookie or a milkshake or something like that for lunch but recently I've been having fruit and yoghurt instead. In fact the last properly sugary thing I had was that donut last Monday night. Think krispy kreme and McD's milkshake is going to turn into my coming back on the coach treat though, fuck knows you need something to look forward to after 4+ hours to absolute boredom.

Oh it's my birthday in 2 days I just realised, fuck me, that might call for a donut too if I make it into central Birmingham. Need to decide where I want to go out for lunch as well, too much choice around here. Somewhere that does steak sounds like a good bet I think.

You tried having some Greek yoghurt Summer? Greek yoghurt with some fruit, chopped nuts & honey = heaven.

i did know that
did you know about the pope endorsed coke-wine mix?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Mariani

"Thomas Edison also endorsed the wine, claiming it helped him stay awake for longer hours" ... think he might have been onto something there! ;)

To get back on topic... I had beans on toast for lunch today.

You tried having some Greek yoghurt Summer? Greek yoghurt with some fruit, chopped nuts & honey = heaven

You knows it ;) If that Rachels yoghurt counts, it says it's greek yoghurt but it probably isn't as greek as it gets. The problem with those big tubs though is that I just keep eating until oh, oops... it's almost gone. Then I just think fuck it and eat the rest haha. This time last week I was probably a size 6, sure I'm not anymore. More coke needed I think (and not the diet kind, the sniff sniff kind).

Status
Not open for further replies.