• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD what are you munching on? Not overdone like the last thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making baked sweet potato with piri piri prawns later, I love seafood <3

Rather partial to a prawn meself, bit worrisome on the production side though. That's pretty frikkin extreme stuff just to make prawns cheap enough to sell at supermarket prices.

Finished curry at last. Is pretty economical to cook a big pot o' stuff but does drag a bit by the end of the week. Bring on the next big pot o' stuff... but perhaps a few one-offs in between times to assuage the boredom somewhat :!

Bit worrisome on the production side with lots of food though isn't it to be fair. Prawns are still pretty expensive as well for the amount you get, worth it though. And yeah Dan, salad and seafood, sounds like my diet recently :p Don't think I've actually had any meat this week actually.

Could really go for some fish and chips now, shame they don't know how to do them in LDN:(. Cooked in veg oil - get funny looks when you ask for scraps etc

Yeah, was kind of hoping to keep it in single figures though (and he'd still probably have a tantrum if I asked for scraps:D). Neglected to mention you can get stuff of comparable quality to a good chippy if willing to part with a score for the privilege.

Fryers delight in Holborn used to be ok, but that's not my neck of the woods and I hear it's changed owners.

I've not actually been but it's supposed to be decent.

On the other hand, I've never come in to contact with anyone who's had any dealings with the man who thinks he's anything other than a total prick.

Google image search lends credence to the word on the street.

Had some decent fish and chips at Bistrotheque once, but I think I'd balk at ordering it at any Michelin starred place.

Nah he's got an actual chip shop, can't remember where though.

The man's a cunt and no mistake though, fucked over loads of people when he got in financial trouble. Owed our veg man about 5k

Was actually tempted, but according to a quick search it went out of business 6 years ago. Seems like he's got an M.O.

Golden Union off Oxford St is a decent, and also vaguely ethical, if insanely expensive London chippy, the only one I've used more than once since I moved here anyways. Insane portion sizes though, why do chippys do that?

Ta, will check out the bouquet next time I'm round that way and if I get notes of dripping, I'll be over it like.... a dog eating hot chips.

Well fuck me you can't worry about everything all the time. Can't be arsed arguing though, going out.

I wasn't aware we were arguing. Can you argue with yourself? Yes I can. I'm fairly sure I don't worry about who died for my prawn sarnie when I eat one either but doesn't mean I have no interest in knowing such things happen. Had no idea it was quite so bad - knew it was a pretty grubby bizniz but nothing like that extreme. As such I was interested when I watched that doc t'other day and was just reminded when you mentioned prawns. If I spent all my time worrying about prawnslaves I'd say you have a point but I don't so you don't.

As a simple question though, wouldn't you like to know which brand does the slavery and torture thing? Given there are other options how is it not handy to know that Bag A is a bit nastier than Bag B? Knowledge, power and all that, eh? :)

(oh and if anybody was intrested, and it's CP Foods that produces unsavoury savoury seafood stuffs incidentally - a handy thing to know, an easy thing to forget and never think about again if one prefers)

Sorry, that was a bit touchy of me, feels like people are picking at me sometimes because they think I'm just a stupid shallow 19 year old (which I am, and couldn't give a fuck if people don't like it anyway...) so yeah. I never argue with people, I'm a sensitive little soul me ;) It is interesting knowing all that stuff up to a point but on the whole it doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference to me in terms of what I buy other than the fact that I don't buy makeup that's tested on animals (probably double standards etc etc but whatever that's my personal thing). I just think that ultimately there isn't much you can do, bad stuff will happen anyway so if it is then you might as well actually use what's being produced rather than letting it all be for nothing. If you thought about everything you'd drive yourself mad. Bit drunk so might not be making a hell of a lot of sense but you get the idea :p

Status
Not open for further replies.