• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD what are you munching on? Not overdone like the last thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed.

Only fast food ive ever liked is KFC... been years since ive had any though. fast food industry is proper cruel as well

"Pickled vegetables for students" it says on the packet (been buying random shit at the Chinese supermarket again).

Sitting in my pants eating this stuff and feeling like a proper scholar.

I've just dropped half a garlic baguette on my not particularly clean kitchen floor. It was still to be cooked, so I've wired it in the oven anyway. It'll be fine as long as I cook fuck out it, eh?

Not that it really matters. I'm going to eat it anyway.

I'd say that depends largely on the state of your kitchen floor... (or your definition of not very clean).

You know - Tayyabs :D

Is the restaurant any good? We get the takeaway at work sometimes when we work late and it's funking dire.

Well I don't know what you've ordered, but I've never had a bad meal there. The dry meat, chana/aloo gosht and tandoori lamb chops are highlights IMO (the pumpkin curry is also good as a veggie dish and the Lassis are top notch).

Like Owen says, Lahore is a banging curry too, but I reckon Tayyabs just edges it.

Maybe it's not to your taste (if it is the same place and not a takeaway freeloading off the name - they don't deliver as far as I know), but a restaurant doesn't stay so popular serving crap food. If you're used to currys tasting a certain way that might be the reason. A whitechapel curry tastes very different to a bradford curry, for example, depending on where most of the 1st gen emigrated from. I love em both.

Just had a Sushi takeaway in the park myself - luverley.

Last edited:
Had Chicken & Leek Casserole earlier.

Would have been great if I hadn't forgotten to pick up an onion at the shops.

Well I don't know what you've ordered, but I've never had a bad meal there. The dry meat, chana/aloo gosht and tandoori lamb chops are highlights IMO (the pumpkin curry is also good as a veggie dish and the Lassis are top notch).

Like Owen says, Lahore is a banging curry too, but I reckon Tayyabs just edges it.

Maybe it's not to your taste (if it is the same place and not a takeaway freeloading off the name - they don't deliver as far as I know), but a restaurant doesn't stay so popular serving crap food. If you're used to currys tasting a certain way that might be the reason. A whitechapel curry tastes very different to a bradford curry, for example, depending on where most of the 1st gen emigrated from. I love em both.

Just had a Sushi takeaway in the park myself - luverley.
+1 on the dry meat and lamb chops

poppy seed bagel. fresh onion. sharp cheddar cheese. toasted under the grill.

heaven.

alasdair

going to have pork chops mixed veg and new potatoes tonight with fried onions gravy forgot the best part of all of that

well that was nice

Last edited:
Currently nowt, recently mini pork pie, soon(ish) chicken and pork curry. Quite disappointed with the latter. Meat was stupidly cheap but somehow managed to underseason it. Got a feeling the chook was too fatty and kinda sucked up all the spicing once I disposed of the skin cos the juice is kinda pallid for how much spice got added.

poppy seed bagel. fresh onion. sharp cheddar cheese. toasted under the grill.

heaven.

alasdair

Truly you have gone native :|

Is it really 20 years?!? 8o

Lawdy. To think what I was doing at that time :\

Surely you can see the problem with a phrase like "sharp Chedder cheese" though, no? Or do you lack the maturity like your countryfolk appear to? :p;)<3

Unless they've started knocking out cheddar sourz, I believe the phrase they are lookking for is umami.

^ Sandwich Spread <3

Had that curry I mentioned before. One more day and it's gone. I make it sound unpleasant - it's not. It just ain't as good as it should be :\

Is it really 20 years?!?
20 years last october :)
Surely you can see the problem with a phrase like "sharp Chedder cheese" though, no?
not really. in general, the u.s. customer likes to be spoon-fed information. mild, medium and sharp cheddar makes it easy for them to identify what they like and continue to easily buy it.

there are few things i miss from the u.k. these days but the newspapers, beer and cheese are definitely missed.

alasdair

Had an M&S cheese scone and sushi for lunch. Interesting combo, was fucking lush though. Making baked sweet potato with piri piri prawns later, I love seafood <3

Status
Not open for further replies.