• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM products in australia

DXM isn't prohibited. The dextro isomer of methorphan is specifically mentioned as an exemption to Australia's restrictions on imports of similar drugs.

I don't know of any 'clamp down' other than one guy being quoted in an article saying that restrictions on a totally unrelated compound should be tightened.

The company who makes Rikodeine, a dihydrocodeine containing cough syrup, is just unable to meet demand for pharmacies at the moment.

that would mean discussing how to get prohibited substances and im pretty sure thats not allowed so dont even try man

sorry i meant discussing dxm or dihydrocodeine products which are legal rather than any codeine based products which are not.

As long as you're not asking about dodgy pharmacies you can score from or how to jip a doctor into prescribing or something, it's okay to discuss medications and their availability, especially when there's shortages 🙂

I was actually reading about morphinan compounds last night. DXM is among a group which contains some very strong opioids. Only it's typically the levo isomer that holds the power, that's why dextro methorphan is (usually) so freely available.

Interesting read anyway, if you're into opioid chemistry.

nah i was more curious about what otc products contain dxm without too many other additives orideally only contain dxm. One of the chesty forte cough syrups used to but i am not sure if it is still around

I haven’t been able to find Robitussin Dry Cough Forte (Dxm only 3mg/ml ) for nearly a year now. The only DXM only product still on shelves is the Bisolvin brand (2mg/ml) but its full of diarrhoea inducing Malitol. I know others have been experiencing the same, just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything about return of Robotussin?

thx

Amcal claims to stock it. I was going to get some but was wondering about the other ingredients - would they make for an unpleasant experience if chasing sufficient dose to trip a little? Saccharin? Menthol? Viz:
"Each 10 mL of oral liquid contains: Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 30mg. Robitussin Dry Cough Forte also contains: Glycerol, Sodium Benzoate, Saccharin Sodium, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Allura Red AC CI 16035, Ethanol, Menthol, Cherry Vanilla Flavour 21146, Vanilla Bean"

I haven’t been able to find Robitussin Dry Cough Forte (Dxm only 3mg/ml ) for nearly a year now. The only DXM only product still on shelves is the Bisolvin brand (2mg/ml) but its full of diarrhoea inducing Malitol. I know others have been experiencing the same, just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything about return of Robotussin?

thx

I had issues finding it in around 2019 and had to give my ID to my local chemist. Others were less strict, but basically they kept the empty bottles on the shelves and you needed to take that to the chemist and answer some questions. They have gotten stricter on it yes, much. I used to be able to buy two bottles just walking in, and stroll out no questions asked.

Amcal claims to stock it. I was going to get some but was wondering about the other ingredients - would they make for an unpleasant experience if chasing sufficient dose to trip a little? Saccharin? Menthol? Viz:
"Each 10 mL of oral liquid contains: Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 30mg. Robitussin Dry Cough Forte also contains: Glycerol, Sodium Benzoate, Saccharin Sodium, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Allura Red AC CI 16035, Ethanol, Menthol, Cherry Vanilla Flavour 21146, Vanilla Bean"

The *only* product which is safe(ish) to trip with in Australia which contains DXM is Robitussin Dry Cough Forte.

Anything else, you are taking a much higher risk as the Robitussin doesn't have other ingredients in it, to my understanding and memory.

If you do this drug, it needs to be the right one. If chemist sourcing is unavailable I would suggest not just going for something that looks sufficient, and figuring out how you can find the actual product you need. Consider all those additives the pharmaceutical equivalent of cutters in illicit substances.

They cracked down on dxm here recently in NZ, won't be long until aussie follows suit I think. Can't get robo dx in the teal box anymore.. Think possibly with a script though, but not otc like it used to be.

I don't miss it and personally think it's good to not have such easy access. It's very addictive, easy to abuse and makes you useless(govt likes us productive lol).

It's really the only drug that I really didn't need to do nor did I get much from, and as said all that sugar isn't good for you.. Who knows what the dxm does but I always felt a bit fried for a few days after.

@mrscoobs

I hope that is not the case?
Haven't had DXM for years but I was planning on getting some soon.
Well good news is that its slowly coming back on the shelves, (here in QLD at least) its still called Robitussin Dry Cough Forte, still 3mg/ml same formulation and the packaging is exactly same as before. 200ml bottles in that same aqua/blue coloured box are all I have seen reappear (none of those useless 100ml ones). The only difference is a little yellow tag on the box that states its soothing for the throat. I sampled a 1000mg dose last night and after so long off it WOW ..... what a journey.

Anyway just thought anyone else that had been waiting its out there

Peace