• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM products in australia

I don't have any memories of experience with ket and my experiences with DXM lately have been far from the norm, so I can't compare them.

Urgh, that flavour. I can't even smell it without being disgusted these days.

My first time I went for the 3rd plat. Just downed a whole bottle. I'd suggest aiming for the 2nd or 3rd for a first time. Make sure you read up on what to expect from the different plateaus too.

DXM goes well with some weed, it potentates codeine so be very careful if dosing with that too. It's also potentiated to a degree from dimenhydrinate.

Something I learned the hard way is if you get the histamine itch or any kind of reaction, be very careful when scratching it. On some doses you'll forget the fact that if you can feel yourself scratching, you're probably doing yourself harm.

Hiya all,
I bought some Dimetapp Day and Night gel caps. 10 mg DXM, 300 mg paracetamol and 6 mg Doxylamine Succinate.
I was told that 40 - 60 mg was a good starting dose to potentiate opiates. It also has the added bonus of the doxy which is also a good for potentiation. So if you can tolerate a bit of panadol, doxy without nodding off..... I wouldn't take more than
10 - due to the risk of liver smashing.
As always, be safe.

Hiya all,
I bought some Dimetapp Day and Night gel caps. 10 mg DXM, 300 mg paracetamol and 6 mg Doxylamine Succinate.
I was told that 40 - 60 mg was a good starting dose to potentiate opiates. It also has the added bonus of the doxy which is also a good for potentiation. So if you can tolerate a bit of panadol, doxy without nodding off..... I wouldn't take more than
10 - due to the risk of liver smashing.
As always, be safe.

That's dangerous info. Don't take what this person suggests.

Go and buy some cough medicine that ONLY contains DXM if you want to take DXM.

you'll likely find that "plenty" of xanax is naturally going to dull the intensity of effects; i found 15mg of valium enough to substantially nullify effects at one point but that may have been tolerance issues to the dxm - but generally benzo's will dull DXM and, say, LSD/a trips. most likely the 25x series as well.

i always got a nice perky mood lift from that dose (100mg) with a little giggling, nothing intense like a whole bottle equalling 1200mg. good dose for opiate potentiation i found.

Very addictive.

How long did you wait between doses? I also find that dosing powder is a much clearer trip than the syrup, even if it's the same amount.

3 grams of paracetamol at a time isn't really ideal. If you really want doxylamine, get it separately and again, get pure DXM. No point smashing your liver unnecessarily. The liver is very resilient, I know first hand, but that does seem dangerous, as others have said.

You will build up tolerance really quickly so I would be waiting a week between doses. Alsoz if you are going to sleep each time, then you are just having too much probably. The times I have dine it, I have had enought just to reach 1st & 2nd plateau & I didn't feel like sleeping at all, I just enjoyed it. Try using travacalm (as someone else said) 'cause phenergan and doxylamine will make you sleepy. So will taking it with xanax or valium or weed or any other diowners. If you want a good dxm trip, try just having dxm & an antihistamine (travacalm) for the itches. I drank 4 capfulls of syrup (about 120ml of syrup) & I weight 60kg, for a plateau 2, last time. Why are you so keen to mix it with so many things??

Yeah the antihistamine might be adding to the drowsiness. I don't get sleepy at all on DXM, more of a wired feeling. I've tried it at many doses with all kinds of antihistamines and powders and syrups and have found my sweet spot.

Unfortunately for me, these days if I take powder at 5pm, I get no effects until about 3am and they last for the next 2-3 days. I don't know why, but I have to count on being out of action for at least 4 days when I dose.

DXM is not like K I'm afraid goonbag as no doubt your now well aware! To much on the body IMO for the desired effects. Try extracting it as already mentioned you won't feel quite as nasty from all the other rubbish in the syrup. Enjoy your robotripping.

The robitussin dry cough that i have found contains dxm +
Sodium Benzoate, Saccharin Sodium, Glucose (from wheat), Fructose and Maltose'

Can I safely drink this with the sodium benzoate and saccharin sodium?

Yes, they are inactive ingredients.

Sodium benzoate is a widely used food preservative.

Saccharin Sodium is an artificial sweetener.

all the sugars in that syrup isn't ideal to be pounding down bottle after bottle either. the cough syrups aren't an ideal formula containing DXM to be safely taken on a regular basis. if you're going down that path look into powdered DXM. i remember reading an extract tek for a syrup years ago posted on BL so i'm assuming there would be something around here in PD. otherwise there are tek's out there after searching google.

And opi8 I don't know what you are talking about this is straight DXM 10ml = 30mg, no paracetamol just sodium benzoate, Saccharin Sodium, glucose, fructose and Maltose
l

I must have been posting to another thread, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Because life is fucked at the moment is the best answer I can give. I used 3 x 200ml bottles in 36 hours. But mixed it with lots of other stuff. I may try it like you said. Cheers
I was going to get some more today and mix it oxy and xanax, I think I'll hold off now glad I read this before I left.
I know it is tempting when life is shifty to down whatever you have got handy, but seriously, save your oxys for a time when you aren't just going to down a bunch if cough syrup & go to sleep. Dxm doesn't need anything with it (except maybe a non-drowsy antihistamine for the itches). Don't waste your oxys. And also keep in mind that mixing a bunch if drugs (especially downers) could be quite dangerous.
Have a great time with your DXM but please be safe. Cheers.