• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drugs dont really get me high anymore

Weird. Running/adrenline exercise does nothing for me. I don't get adrenaline rushes like people talk about, have never felt one. I only get rushes from drugs or feel good from them etc. I figure that's what sets me apart from others who seem to get all these amazing feelings in real life without drugs. I wouldn't want to be like those people though. That seems weird to me

It's possible that you're allergic to a drug or maybe how you take it. For example, you say you smoke crack. Do you smoke heroin as well? Maybe try inhaling cocaine and inhaling heroin (separately). That's safer but see if that changes anything. You could be allergic to the smoke from one or both of them

If I smoke a cigar I'll feel sick towards the end of it, but if I inhale snuff tobacco (snuff) I don't get sick and it makes me feel good. Needless to say I haven't smoked a cigar in several years. There's no point
I normally would smoke crack first from a pipe and smoke heroin from foil chasing lines or in my pipe sometimes sniff it

It all feels the same to me. I still have a naturally high tolerance to marijuana, opiates and LSD. That means I've always needed more than everyone else and according to what I've read, they're high amounts too

I hope that doesn't get worse, hehe
I wish people would understand tolerance sometimes doesn’t ever go away. I used to get a good buzz of 20mg of Valium, I took a 2 year break, and when I returned it took 50mg to get the same effect. People bitch at me saying ‘why would you use so much?’
Well that’s fucking addiction for you

I just need a good amount to begin with, always did. Maybe it's my metabolism. Other substances work fine in typical amounts

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a link between age and/or past opioid addiction and sensitivity to thc.
Before I got into opiates I could smoke as much as a liked but now a couple of puff has me fucked.
Booze also massively intensifies weeds effects.

The way I've always thought of it, drugs are kinda like emotions bought on credit. At least hard drugs are. This doesn't apply to psychedelics or most other soft drugs.

You can't just get more and more credit, and sooner or later you have to start paying back your positive emotions with interest, hence withdrawal.

There's no way to feel good all of the time. At best you can feel normal all the time, or you can feel awesome sometimes and horrible others, but there's no way to get it so you always feel awesome. Your emotional budget has to ultimately balance out.

Even if you had unlimited drugs, they just aren't as good if you do them constantly.

Maybe. I like mj because I can use before bed and get a good night's rest. I don't use as often as I did several years ago when I went through 3.5g every 3 days. I kind of wish I did but I get what you're saying @JessFR. It's not good to rely on something if you don't already feel decent

Pot and Kratom are a great combo.

kratom + alcohol + pot = my "legal" get fucked up combo.

Just BEWARE. kratom + alcohol is fucking horrible for your liver. Sends some people to the hospital after just a few days. Sent me to the hospital after about ~6 years daily.

kratom + alcohol + pot = my "legal" get fucked up combo.

Just BEWARE. kratom + alcohol is fucking horrible for your liver. Sends some people to the hospital after just a few days. Sent me to the hospital after about ~6 years daily.

In the hospital for what exactly?

In the hospital for what exactly?

acute liver damage

there are a few case studies of people who had extreme(?) liver damage from just a few days of kratom + alcohol combo. I consider myself lucky it took 6 years.

I'm not saying it's common, but it does happen immediately to some people and (to me) in the long term.

why is it so hard to find case studies thru google??? I know I read at least 2 which documented people hospitalized after a few days of alcohol and kratom.

Last edited:
Yeah stick to Kratom and weed. Alcohol makes me sick with kratom. Try using grapefruit juice to potentiate the Kratom

acute liver damage

there are a few case studies of people who had extreme(?) liver damage from just a few days of kratom + alcohol combo. I consider myself lucky it took 6 years.

I'm not saying it's common, but it does happen immediately to some people and (to me) in the long term.

why is it so hard to find case studies thru google??? I know I read at least 2 which documented people hospitalized after a few days of alcohol and kratom.

Fuck. I'd better stay away from Kratom then...

Haha me too.

Maybe that is why that shit never worked on me? My liver probably said wtf is this, and would not process it. But good thing. I would of probably been taking it daily being you can buy it literally on any corner.

Sounds like the liver problems had more to do with the alcohol than the kratom or the combo?

Sounds like the liver problems had more to do with the alcohol than the kratom or the combo?

Possibly, but from what I can gather Kratom isn't particularly potent so you have to take multiple grams of the stuff. Taking it several times a day in those quantities for a prolonged period ain't gonna be good for you. Same with alcohol, the quantity required to get arseholed is fuckin stupid. Taking both together must be particularly harmful. Generally, the more potent the drug, the less damage it does to your organs (probably)

Surely cannabis and mushrooms debunk this gram / potency theory?...If we're talking active compound, I don't know how strong mitragynine is supposed to be mg/g wise.

I thought kratom was supposed to be pretty harmless physiologically, people use it in Thailand to work the fields and shiz daily and what not..

I don't know I'm just waiting for my GBL to knock me out.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a link between age and/or past opioid addiction and sensitivity to thc.
Before I got into opiates I could smoke as much as a liked but now a couple of puff has me fucked.
Booze also massively intensifies weeds effects.

Definitely on the opiates. Before opaites I was smoking weed 24/7. When I was clean off everything weed was messing with me a bit.

Alcohol oddly made it better. When drinking all day I could barely feel weed and would smoke concentrates 24/7

Now after alcohol dependence + withdrawal, opiates + wirthdrawal....weed has me completely fucked up on 1 hit. Even seeing trails and stuff since the visual disturbances come back.

I know its helping me, though despite. Keeps my head screwed on. Almost like each high is a mini trip. But the weed these days is soooooo strong. Did see a strain at the dispensary I want to try. High CBD + medium thc.

No luck with any flower cbd, does nothing to me.

Sure hope after I recover a bit more I can smoke more. At least daily which I really can't now. Few times a week and I am good.

Surely cannabis and mushrooms debunk this gram / potency theory?...If we're talking active compound, I don't know how strong mitragynine is supposed to be mg/g wise.

I thought kratom was supposed to be pretty harmless physiologically, people use it in Thailand to work the fields and shiz daily and what not..

I don't know I'm just waiting for my GBL to knock me out.

Well cannabis is usually smoked so the liver isnt really involved. But even when taken orally we're still only talking milligrams. Same with mushrooms - a couple of grams every now and then won't impact that much on your liver.

But shit like booze (and Kratom) that are taken in large quantities orally can really fuck that shit up.

For this reason I believe that food is the worst for fucking your body up. There are far more health concerns involved with over consumption of food than there are with drugs.

#fatcunts :LOL: