• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drugs dont really get me high anymore

Fuck. I'd better stay away from Kratom then...

I can't find the original case study I read (Why does this always happen to me?!?!?). However just googling "kratom alcohol liver" or "kratom alcohol hepatoxicity" brings up a myriad of case studies about rare instances of immediate accute damage and even more about long term liver damage from abuse of not only kratom itself but kratom + alcohol.

Also, I forgot to mention that phenibut also played a part in my going to the hospital. I had been using alcohol + kratom for 6 years (typically non-concurrently, I generally dose kratom in the morning and drink at night). That time I went to the hospital was when I added phenibut to the mix in relative high dosage I think I took about 8g over about 60 hours with the usual kratom and alcohol. My urine was dark brown for 72+ hours, I was nauseous, couldn't eat and generally felt very ill plus also had red itchy rashes all over my body. Also my sweat and general body odor started smelling like ammonia and rotten eggs (it was a horrible stench and you could smell my dirty clothes from across the house!! it was a very potent nasty smell). I went to he hospital after about 48 hours of this.

I can't find the original case study I read (Why does this always happen to me?!?!?). However just googling "kratom alcohol liver" or "kratom alcohol hepatoxicity" brings up a myriad of case studies about rare instances of immediate accute damage and even more about long term liver damage from abuse of not only kratom itself but kratom + alcohol.

Also, I forgot to mention that phenibut also played a part in my going to the hospital. I had been using alcohol + kratom for 6 years (typically non-concurrently, I generally dose kratom in the morning and drink at night). That time I went to the hospital was when I added phenibut to the mix in relative high dosage I think I took about 8g over about 60 hours with the usual kratom and alcohol. My urine was dark brown for 72+ hours, I was nauseous, couldn't eat and generally felt very ill plus also had red itchy rashes all over my body. Also my sweat and general body odor started smelling like ammonia and rotten eggs (it was a horrible stench and you could smell my dirty clothes from across the house!! it was a very potent nasty smell). I went to he hospital after about 48 hours of this.
isnt kratom also an ssri like tramadol so drinking with it may cause seizures ??

isnt kratom also an ssri like tramadol so drinking with it may cause seizures ??

I haven't heard anything like that. Both have complex pharmacology but I have never seen kratom associated with seizures, psychosis or anything tramadol is associated with. And it's definitely not an SSRI to my somewhat educated knowledge.

Last edited:
If you cant get high anymore, it means you need to stop taking all drugs and start taking levomepromazine for some months.
You will regain your sensitivty to all drugs with abuse potential, even the ones that dont have abuse potential.

If you cant get high anymore, it means you need to stop taking all drugs and start taking levomepromazine for some months.
You will regain your sensitivty to all drugs with abuse potential, even the ones that dont have abuse potential.

Please explain how an antipsychotic can help with drug tolerance better than taking time off itself, and how such a drug can magically cause you to get high on non-abusable drugs?

Levomepromazine is a drug which blocks most class of receptors in the brain. The receptors it blocks are required for rewarding, and pleasure effects you get from drugs of abuse.
Long-term levomepromazine use will cause a upregulation of the receptors. Which means you will be sensitive again. Its a way to accelerate sensitivation instead of taking time off.