• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug slang you hate

Same! It only confuses things as people use the same slang for different things sometimes and when you want to find a source it can be a bit annoying if you ask for the wrong product using whatever slang you know.. :p

Yeah that's for sure.

It's like some states call Methamphetamine > Crack Cocaine. It's just not Crack lol.

That works when you're talking with other drug geeks, but 90% of the drug users out there don't fit into that category and use slang constantly, which means we're more or less stuck with it :/

That works when you're talking with other drug geeks, but 90% of the drug users out there don't fit into that category and use slang constantly, which means we're more or less stuck with it :/

Yeah, thank fuck. It's almost as if the people like us who refer to drugs as there actual name choose not to mention them due to the fact we know what they are.

Good riddance slang.

Yeah i use ice bro ? Cant they just all accept crystal is being administrated one way or another and not have to go around using there slang names. I don't find the "cool" factor behind slang funny at all. However to be fair some slang resonates well with some drugs. I even find it hard to call drugs by there real name but i do. It's like you would say "im after .05 of meth but you wouldn't say im after .05 of methamphetamine though, i guess you still could though but you would probably be ridiculed. lol

Only time I'll use slang is when I'm trying to be discrete. And it's slang beyond the usual stuff.

It's how me and my 'associates' used to operate. Ya know, tin foil hat shit. I was a lot younger then too.

When talking to non-drug users, I won't go near slang, I'll make use of the proper name. And make it very apparent, correct them on what they call, for example, crack. Wait... I do that with some drug users too.

I don't get all the hate for the "crack" thing, tbh. Everyone knows that meff is not actual crack.
Crackpipe rolls off the tongue better than meffpipe or pip or whatever the fuck (glassy is the only contender imo)
Crackhead rolls off the tongue better than meffhead or tweaker or whatever

I know the proper names of a lot of drugs, all the ones I come across at least, but I rarely use "correct" terms because people already know what the slang is and I'm not finna start some drug nerd movement.
People will also take your HR advice less seriously if you're hung up on trivialities like that ime. Drug culture, the quality of street drugs, the people you get them off... there's no place for acting pompous in such an environment. I mean, if you wanna call pharms by their proper name? Cool in a lot of cases, but if you were calling xannies alprazolam and dexies dextroamphetamine you're taking it too far imo. You wanna call impure and cut drugs synthed in poor conditions peddled by bikies by their proper name (all the time)? P-leeeeeeeeeeease.

If I was out partying and someone was correcting peoples terms for drugs and shit (as opposed to confirming what they're talking about) I would probably try to avoid them based on that quality alone.. that's just me though.

Hate MOLLY to death!! Save it for the wannabe raver fags.

Holy fuck I can't stand it either.. It's actually been on my mind posting this here for ages- but looks like you beat me to it!!

It just seems like such an American thing.. When I hear my friends refer to MD as Molly I can't help but cringe and drill them for saying it. Farrrk!!!

I don't get all the hate for the "crack" thing, tbh. Everyone knows that meff is not actual crack.
Crackpipe rolls off the tongue better than meffpipe or pip or whatever the fuck (glassy is the only contender imo)
Crackhead rolls off the tongue better than meffhead or tweaker or whatever

I know the proper names of a lot of drugs, all the ones I come across at least, but I rarely use "correct" terms because people already know what the slang is and I'm not finna start some drug nerd movement.
People will also take your HR advice less seriously if you're hung up on trivialities like that ime. Drug culture, the quality of street drugs, the people you get them off... there's no place for acting pompous in such an environment. I mean, if you wanna call pharms by their proper name? Cool in a lot of cases, but if you were calling xannies alprazolam and dexies dextroamphetamine you're taking it too far imo. You wanna call impure and cut drugs synthed in poor conditions peddled by bikies by their proper name (all the time)? P-leeeeeeeeeeease.

If I was out partying and someone was correcting peoples terms for drugs and shit (as opposed to confirming what they're talking about) I would probably try to avoid them based on that quality alone.. that's just me though.

Was that was aimed at me?

Never said much about running around party's, advocating with my trumpet, and flags waving about yelling "you all know nothing, god damn you's".

When someone says meth (wait, sorry meff), and I don't know them from a bar of soap. For all I know thier on MMT.

And I'd probably walk from someone doing as I stated above (the flag raging 'advocate').

It's good you know a lot of names of drugs. I know a dude who was on alprazolam for years. But brand name Xannax, of course. When he run dry one day, I mentioned someone with alprazolam. He was like 'what?', nar, one addictions enough for me. I had to correct him for HRs sake, does that bother you? Because that's my example, I'd advocate with mates the proper names. As for dealers or 'associates' um, yeah, of course you ain't going to go into a full blown war into what he said is in the bag.

Pompous enough for you? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease......

And yeah, we all know 'crack' rolls of the toungue better, might even sound cooler to some. But 'crack-cocaine' for 'methamphetamine'! That's going a tad too far for anyone's liking.

Last edited:
wow you're sensitive
wasn't meant to be some personal attack moi8

if you're only doing it with your mates it's a bit different to your general demeanour. I was clearly talking about situations with strangers/associates and not people you're actually friends with.
also when someone says meth you know they're talking about methylamphetamine (in australia) and if someone I wasn't friends with mentioned "methylamphetamine" in a conversation (as opposed to slang, or just "meth") it would be sounding alarms for me

Teaching someone the proper name for a drug, or in ur case explaining that two words refer to the same chemical, is not at all similar to "correct them on what they call x" imo

All I asked was, 'is that aimed at me' (sorry took 'was' out of the original, didn't make sense otherwise.)

Tad sensitive today. Don't like being called pompous.

But, you have now mentioned 'no personal attack' so I'll take that as a sorry. And pass on a sorry myself for being so sensitive.

Sorry for the derailment.

Drug slangs not good, especially if it ends up killing someone.

I didn't call anyone pompous, I said there's no room for being pompous in drug culture (irrespective of whether you're a dealer or a consumer)

I agree that slang is bad in some circumstances, but it's due to a lack of knowledge, and knowing the correct term as opposed to the slang would make one none the more knowledgeable as far as HR goes.
I question that drug slang creates much confusion itself, but rather people not knowing the substance itself (regardless of the name you give it, the information we know about it) but if you use google you can easily find out that [common slang] refers to [chemical name]
Don't get me wrong, I can easily think of examples of slang that is directly dangerous and that's 'shrooms. Correct slang words are subs, cubes, cyans, etc (derived from Psilocybe subaeruginosa, cubenis, cyanescens) but some people use terms like gold tops and blue meanies and silly shit like that, which lacks clarity. Then again, you shouldn't be hunting shrooms without knowing what you're looking for, but if you for some reason bought dried shrooms you wouldn't be able to ID them by sight.

All of this srs shit... it doesn't matter what you call a drug, the issue is not at all solved by using the correct name but rather clarity on what the substance is. The correct name alone is as useless as (understood) slang itself as far as HR goes. The name is not the information that matters.

Feel encouraged to try to change my mind though. I didn't mean to upset you, just trying to let you know I'd find what I described a bit odd in party/not well known group settings as food for thought, but what you described is different anyway.

You didn't upset me. I just sensed a tone. Sorry if it wasent what I thought.

The clarity of what the actual drug does, is, and dosage comes after calmly explaining that "Xannax is a brand name, alprazolam being the said drug." Sorry for not going into specifics earlier.

We've obviously proven that's it's a lot different for different people, and some of it is due to the lifestyles we live. I don't go out 'partying' anymore, so I wouldent find myself in the position you pointed out.

I don't really meet new people, just old friends and family. Thier the ones I care most about, so, yeah, I'll give them drug nerd till they die.

Sorry I wasent so specific on what I meant again. I don't see the city lights often, at all. So yeah, group settings to me, involve a close knit bunch of people. They wouldent hang around me if my 'drug nerd' talk was too pompous for them. And they actually ask questions on the topics we now speak of.

Another part that helps my method, is to not look down on people who are not well informed.

Yell it in their ear, it won't register. Have a calmly chat, and it sinks in. If their never up for a calmly chat, and they don't won't to put the effort into studying it. Well, good luck to them. I'm not going out of my way to push my thoughts onto someone who really doesent give a shit.

You could go on with pedantics about this all day.

Last edited:
The obvious and all too frequent crack for meth. Gear for anything other than heroin. Dope for anything other than meth or h. Pure for speed or (laughs)coke. "Smacky" pills.

Its all due to lack of education and no one wants to be wrong there for everyone thinks they're right.

never heard of ppl here calling meth dope, that usually means Marijuana. ...fuckin hate it when twits call meth crack though!