• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug slang you hate

it's an integral part of our culture, shorten said word and add a vowel to the end
coppas get down with the lingo

Ok here we go;

Cannabis:
Dakka (never liked it although it seems to be more prevalent amongst older Australians)
Greenge
Herbery
Asia

Methamphetamine:
Crack
White
Cold
Fast
Gear (i feel this should be reserved for heroin as that's what it was originally used for and causes confusion)

MDMA/pills:
Mud
Scones
Pingas
Dingas
Roundies

For me I've noticed the 'gear' slang name referring to whatever drug seems to be the' big one' at that time. For example, herion as gear back in the day when it run rampant, as methamp is today (the new 'gear'). This threads about slang, so it's pretty speculative and region devided obviously, interesting too.

Saying that, I have heard 'gear' being passed off as many things (not as in ripped off what you expected, just called another name, from another dealer), so in reality this slang BS can (and most likely will) go on for years.

I have heard it called disco biscuits

Sorry, my exuse is I was drunk.

I like to phrase benzos as 'handy tools not @&$#ing disco buiscuits'.

But no way in hell am I taking credit for that piece of MDMA slang, heard it on a movie that must have been shit because I seriously cannot remeber what it was.

Last edited:
I am fairly certain at one point in the movie Snatch they refer to E's as disco biscuits in reference to Boris the Blade's past overuse of them, I think Snatch is a pretty damn good movie though, certainly not shit. :)

^ that's it.

So it wasent a shit movie, just my shit memory (huge fan here too, loved lock stock, but who am i kidding, don't know anyone who doesent).

That really doesent surprise me, thanks for the tip.

EDIT: heh, I can picture the thick English accent as he said it too now.

Last edited:
Yeah dico bickies or disco biscuits just makes me laugh when I here it used. Other terms of heard for MDMA are lollies and Easter eggs. Easter eggs was big in the 90's rave scene.
Heroin used to be called rock but now people use it for crystal meth. Brown sugar was used for the brown not very well refined heroin back in the day. It's still common in the UK.

Does anyone apart from out of touch parents and politicians actually call weed dope?

I honestly don't think I have heard an actual drug user refer to weed as dope since I was in High School.

To me, dope always means heroin, although I think I picked it up from internet forums and US based documentaries because when I have been around heroin users they almost exclusively refer to it as gear or H, particularly the former.

Someone told me years ago that dope was what New Yorkers called h.
Now it seems that all Americans say it.
But to Australian baby boomers (my parents generation) "dope" was definitely cannabis.
And heroin was "gear".
But "gear" to a lot of people I know is speed (meth, ice etc).
So these things change over time and suddenly it is only people outside of the drug using community that call weed "dope", for example.

My parents are also baby-boomers, they call it dope. Many rappers call it dope as well (I listen to quite a lot of American hip-hop.)

Yeah, dope always means Heroin to me as well. Luckily none of my mates call it dope, but I hear it every now and then and it irritates me.

P.S. 888 posts. Don't know what significance that has, but I'm giving it something.

il_570xN.345680364.jpg

I have a copy of this album.
Evidently New Yorkers used to call weed 'dope' in the 60s also.
I think it is a fairly broad term meaning 'contraband' or 'drugs' ( ie "doping" in sport)
I'm going to call smoking weed "doping" from now on (maybe).

I definitely know a lot of meth users who refer to it as gear, I will refer to it as that myself if I am speaking to certain people. In my experience the term is not as ubiquitous among meth users as heroin users though.

Infectedmushroom, I listen to a lot of US hip hop myself and can't think of too many examples where they refer to weed as dope, a few do spring to mind but I think when it is generally used it has more to do with fitting better into a rhyme than it does being a commonly used term.

I have noticed that North American drug dealers and rappers who rap about drug sales will often refer to any hard drug they are selling as dope, or selling drugs in general as the dope game.

Gear was pretty much exclusively the term used for meth when I moved to Adelaide. Took me a while to figure out what people meant and why they'd name a drug after a mechanical part :? Coming from Brisbane before that, where it was either Speed or Crystal (or "smokable MDMA," believe it or not, for getting cash out of the dumb high school kids).

These days shard/ice/crack have become more common, from what I can tell (haven't touched the stuff in ages). Guess they crossed over from Melbourne along with the imported stuff that doubled the quality and price around 2010.

When I was young speed wasn't often call "wizz" and "goey" but that wasn't the new crystal meth, it was the plain old amphetamines.

True DM.. i disliked it when people call meth gear too..even crack

I don't like it when I see 4-MMC/4-methylmethcathinone/mephedrone referred to as 'Mcat.' Mcat stands for methcathinone, not 4-MMC. Yes, they are two different drugs! 4MMC/mephdrone is MMCat.

same...that was good too and dead ants hard to come by too. Where I am everyone calls it gear though

I'm not keen on any drug slang, Call me a drug geek but i prefer to call them by there represented names.

I'm not keen on any drug slang, Call me a drug geek but i prefer to call them by there represented names.

Same! It only confuses things as people use the same slang for different things sometimes and when you want to find a source it can be a bit annoying if you ask for the wrong product using whatever slang you know.. :p