Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug slang you hate

footscrazy

Bluelight Crew
In another thread gimpman says he hates the word 'use' so I thought I'd open up a thread in which we can all bitch and moan about drug slang that just isn't right. Whether it be stupid names made up by the media, a word your mates use to try and sound cool or just plain misleading garbage, get it all out here.

My pet hate will always be 'smokable speed' and the like, but I also hate the expression 'have a taste'. It makes me skin crawl, and reminds me of scummers trying to scab heroin, 'orr bruz jist a tayste, jist geive ahs a tayyste!'

Dingas, is that slang for a drug? I've only ever known that used for condoms.

people calling meth crack. it's been said here before, but god it's dumb.

also - "bunt"

Dingas, is that slang for a drug? I've only ever known that used for condoms.

Oddly enough, yes. Used to refer to caps and pills within my generation (I'm 21), at least around SEQ. Oddly prevalent too, at least in some circles. It makes me a sad panda :(

Haha, a corruption of pingas? Never come across that one, saying 'got a dinga? Planning on shafting one tonight' would take on a completely different meaning depending where you were =D

Haha, a corruption of pingas? Never come across that one, saying 'got a dinga? Planning on shafting one tonight' would take on a completely different meaning depending where you were =D

I KNOW!!! It's ridiculous. And yeah, I'd wager it is, it was only ever the younger crowd that used it though, so they probably haven't even heard a rubber being called that :p

Its pretty dated now but Kuta used to piss me off. I still here from time to time.

I prefer to just say 'drugs' and assume the other party understands what im talkinh about.

Gotta agree with 'use,' makes me think of overly dramatic TV drug addicts who go to NA/AA, it's inherently loaded with a dirty, guilty feel to it, like you've done something shameful. Just finished watching The Sopranos and this one gets a lot of play there 'I... I used again' 8) hate it hate it hate it.

We had this discussion in the smack thread but I hate the term junky, it's a very denigrating, judgmental word that demeans people based on shitty stereotypes of a small part of their personality.

The term 'rolling' for being high on MDMA. Makes me think of annoying American teenagers who munch pills with no idea of what they're taking.

Another one I hate is the term 'clean' for being drug free. it automatically implies that to use drugs is a dirty, low act. Just like junky, it's one of those words that's sprung out of the last century or so of drug propaganda that has a ton of automatic negative connotations you don't even notice till you think about it.

Calling meth crack, it's just silly. You don't vaporise crack you burn it. You can shove crack in a J and smoke it, don't think meth will do the same thing for some strange reason. So in short I dislike people calling meth crack, it's not.

Crack is the superior drug between cocaine freebase and methyl-amphetamine. Not that I like crack or meth in all honesty.

The 'crack' thing comes from the term crackpipe, and 'crackhead' just rolls off the tongue much easier. I don't think anyone seriously equates meth with crack, beyond them both being smokeable stimulants.

i don't mind people saying they 'use' drugs, so much.
but i really don't like the term 'abuse' - it is the language of prohibtion.
the drugs scourge, dealers in death, heroin starter-kits.
the media has a whole grab-bag of manipulative terms, lumping all non accepted drugs into a fearful heap.

i'm sure i'm guilty of using this expression, but i think there is a context in which it has some relevance, such as risky compulsive drug-taking behaviours that cause unquestionable, avoidable harms.
addiction - or recreational use - does not count IMO.

ps - another great thread footsy, cheers.

I don't mind use in the sense of 'yeah I use meth.' But I hate it in the sense you see with the AA/NA crowd 'yeah I relapsed, I used on the weekend...' or 'you don't wanna use again do you?'

the drugs scourge, dealers in death, heroin starter-kits.
the media has a whole grab-bag of manipulative terms, lumping all non accepted drugs into a fearful heap.

Haha yeah all of those. Also any comparison of drug use, or a particular drug, to gambling or russian roulette. Every time there's an article about drugs there's always some asshole cop or politician saying 'kids are playing russian roulette with their lives when they take these drugs! they don't know what's in them!'

Not only is it stupid because the analogy is flawed in so many ways, but drugs are risky in this manner specifically 'because' they're banned by the same people who say stupid shit like that.

For some reason I don't like the word 'pot'. Like when someone calls me a 'pothead', I refute it and say I'm a stoner. It just sounds better, at least while I'm not in the middle east.
I hate 'druggy', because people will often see you do/on one drug, and then refer to you as a druggy as if you're out there putting every drug you can find into your system.
I hate 'junky' for reasons already stated.
I also don't like calling cigarettes 'durries'

i hate a lot of drinking slang - may be because i don't drink or hang around drinkers...
i do like archaic drinking slang - the sort of things my 96 year-old grandfather would say - but i tend to cringe when people say they're "gettin' on the piss" and that kind of thing. i can't think of any better examples right now.

funny how a lot of it melds in with our drug ideologies and associations - cop slang (calling all fucking drugs "narcotics"), media propaganda slang (see my previous post) is obvious, but junkie slang rubs a lot of people up the wrong way, meth head lingo and other kinds of slang that develop within small drug-taking cliques that is unique to that drug/culture. if you're not part of that scene, it can seem pretty stupid, i guess. like people's cutesy pet-names for their beloved DOC.

there's also the things you hear kids say when they're boasting about how they were "tripping balls" on the weekend. that's another one that shits me, incidentally.

Gold fucken Tops

and Blue fucken Meanies.

my 2 most hated stupid stupid stupid sutpid sutpdi slang for the magical shrooooooms :)

I hate it when people say base referring to speed ("Would you like some pure base?") And like headdah mentioned gold tops. Wtf are these terms?

Crossfaded To be drunk and high at the same time.

Twisted Even stupider way of saying crossfaded.

These are both terms I heard from my teenage sister, and they bug the shit out of me. I've never felt that getting drunk/high needed its own special name, and especially not such a stupid one.