Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DPT sucks

Yes

• It does

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I clicked this thread because I saw it's a pool and my ego can't resists giving its opinions

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters
No, mildly unpleasant for me (HCl), and you've got some time before it really hits

My theory on why there are many reports of horrible burning from snorting DPT is because back in the early days, all the tryptamines were pretty much only available as freebases, and freebases tend to hurt really bad to snort (though you can snort them; though non water soluble, they will still absorb slowly through mucous membranes. I once snorted AMT freebase back when freebase was the only available form. DO NOT do this, it was horrific, but it worked. I also used to plug AMT freebase without converting it to a salt form first).

the Researchgate abstract indicates that the person had an overdose.
they were delirious for 4 days,
during the pre-hospital trip seizures the Rhabdomyolysis set in, while his fearful reflexes had kept his muscles tensed for excessive periods of time.
It was a systemic fear response during overdose.
I consider many of Researchgate articles to be a bit out there with regard to speculation, and this one reserves the full article unless you request it, which is a bit smarmy.

I would give this substance a fair run after researching dosage info and titrating up.

When I snorted the 100mgs of DPT while I was in the midst of a Psych/Dissos/Empathogen/Benzo binge it didn't hurt I'm the slightest. Remember having this white flash of light in my vision when I kicked in and my surroundings beginning to swirl. But the fact I was already on DMXE/3-MeO-PCE/4-AcO-DMT/3-MMC/Norflurazepam made the DPT just another drug in the Psychedelic Soup in which was my brain. But from what I can recall it felt really good and brought the trip up for a few hours, I was tripping on all this stuff over a period of two days. It wasn't taken all at once, had some pretty profound insights throughout experience and it felt like I was really on the brink of learning something incredible about life/reality.

Man @Ballz_Trippington your current avatar really has the flavour of a DPT (to me anyways)
I took 200mg and tripped very very hard on thst dose....only lasted around 4 hours if I remember correctly.
That's interesting because I remember intranasal also lasting around 4hrs. I would have expected it to be slightly longer orally, but then again once the DPT is in your body the breakdown follows the same metabolic course, irrespective of the ROA.

It seems like this thread has simply become an extension of the Big&Dandy one at this point.

Man @Ballz_Trippington your current avatar really has the flavour of a DPT (to me anyways)

That's interesting because I remember intranasal also lasting around 4hrs. I would have expected it to be slightly longer orally, but then again once the DPT is in your body the breakdown follows the same metabolic course, irrespective of the ROA.

It seems like this thread has simply become an extension of the Big&Dandy one at this point.
Lol thank you....my avatar currently is from an occult graffiti art exposition that was in exhibit in Sweden....I wish I saved more shots on my phone but this one really was impressive!
I felt nasal dpt was slightly shorter ...maybe 3 hours for myself.
But the 200mg oral dose was really weird.
I took it initially and felt nothing for a while then had to check on my weed plants (when I had the time to adequately grow medical cannabis-which no longer can)
And I walked into the dark room during the dark period and instantly had insane open eye visuals.
I had to go see a comrade about 12 hours later and I was tripping balls so hard after the visuals kicked in that I became extremely concerned that I would be too high in 12 hours to make the journey to my friends house because it hit me like freight train but hilariously pretty much at the 4 hour mark I was ubruptly suddenly almost completely baseline.
The experience produced some of he most impressive open eye visuals I've ever had.

Lol thank you....my avatar currently is from an occult graffiti art exposition that was in exhibit in Sweden....I wish I saved more shots on my phone but this one really was impressive!
That sounds extremely cool, I'd love to check that out. Are there any photo albums on the web of the exhibit that you could point me to? I'm surprised it's a photo - it's so vivid that I assumed it was a digital graphic. Funny how computer graphics are so good now that when something looks extremely real, you can make the mistake of thinking it's from a computer. Hyperreal.

Some of the text looks like it's in Brazilian "Pixação" tagging style that's really common in São Paolo. It's really fascinating. When I was there around 2002 the city was absolutely covered in it, not sure if it's still like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pichação

Last edited:
No drug sucks. Never understood those type of thread titles. (wish the title would change, bad mojo!) Who would say that on a drug forum that has it's own members with varied opinions? I mean I am not a fan of dissociatives but realize others are and can utilize as well as verbalize some of their trips and I read with interest.

DPT is one of my favorites. I challenge anyone to take 30-50 mgs and at the peak throw on a '68 -'69 Live Dead show and tell me.

Man 35 mgs of DPT floors me. I break that down to two lines and do them about 5 minutes apart. My first trip I did 50 mgs and got crushed for 3 hours. Thought I was going to die and felt reborn on the other side. I also looked 5 years younger. A bit much. So then settled on 35 mgs as my go too dose. The little DPT I have left is from two decades ago and white. Simple tryptamines seem to stay in tact like phenethylamines. (Last April I smoked 20 mgs of DMT from 2012 and it was as potent as when it was birthed. :) )

I know I repeat myself. And I know that I always give MorningGlorySeed (RIP) the credit for this statement because it is exactly as I see it. DPT is like hours 2-5 of a very intense LSD trip. I see no similarity to DMT. Possibly a strong dose of 4-ACO-DMT but not like DMT. The only similarity to DMT is both start with a "D".

I had researched possible IM'ing DPT and I may give that a try. But from what I read the safest and most used ROA is insufflated? I really dislike snorting anything but will break down and do DPT that way. But still interested in IM. I have read a few reports where people swallowed 200 mgs and felt nothing, while others got crushed.

Lastly I never knew where the "sinister" component got attached to DPT. Mushrooms have the ability to be that on certain trips. Possible DPT too but I always had good strong ones. I admit it is like a roller coaster. The synesthesia is like a roller coaster through the senses. I always believed the tremors and shakes are the start of any other senses trying to interpret the vibe. Again one time with my eyes closed I felt a huge vibration and it shook me and when I opened my eyes it was a bird flying right by my head. Seems any hearing, sight, feel, taste, or scent starts off as a vibration before the mind converts it to the proper sense.

(Not sure MGS said this but he might, it's like chewing on an electrical chord)

Never had DET but would love too. I bet it is different than DPT.
I can recommend IM Dpt if you are experienced with the substance.

Snorting dpt is just horrible imo, and i think part of the dark vibe comes from the crappy taste of it.

When doing IM you can slowly titrate the dose over time.
I did about 5mg at a time and just felt the different layers of the drug.
Low dose this way was actually very euphoric, dont remember having the shitty bodyload that snorting gives.
I dont remember how much i took in total, just that after a few refills i broke through into the hellish place again.

I wasn't aware of any cases of rhabdo from it, do you have a source for that? I'd like to know about it.

However, at this point I consider DPT one of the classics, it's been around for a long time now, people began using it in 1973. It even has a religion built around it. Heavy duty, absolutely. But so many people rate it as one of the very top-tier, one of the deepest of all psychedelics.
@Xorkoth

The cases of rhabdomyolysis that the OP mentions feature extreme agitation, fall with concomitant head injury, seizure, as well as sedative medication, chemical restraint. I wouldn't be surprised if specific physical restraint was indicated, and even if these patients were not specifically medically restrained, then I suspect that through the course of their illnesses, the patients experienced immobilization. These aforementioned aspects, such as seizure and immobilization, explain the rhabdomyolysis. I doubt that rhabdomyolysis is a specific feature of DPT toxidrome. Of course, there are risks to taking psychedelics. There are risks to taking any drug, such as ibuprofen. It's well established that having too much serotonin in the brain can cause agitation and seizures. These patients were teenagers. Maybe they took too much DPT because they're kids with poor impulse control. Maybe they became agitated because teenagers become agitated. Of course, agitation with psychedelics is a recipe for falls. And falls with brain injuries can cause seizure as well. Perhaps they have a personal or family history of seizure disorder. Perhaps they take a contraindicated medication, such as lithium. So for anyone concerned, note that the rhabdomyolysis is particular to the patient's case, not necessarily the drug itself. As for the subjective tachycardia and tremors ... how is that any different than the "basics all-time kings LSD DMT shrooms and whatever"? Does cannabis cause heart disease and heart attack? Look into that. Just because something is well known doesn't make it safe. And vice versa. It's fear of the unknown.

Last edited:
I have some DPT and it's sort of been calling my name. Only tried it once, don't remember the dose and unfortunately I was on Etizolam, but the effects were really cool. 3D visuals unlike I've ever seen. Like instead of the visuals altering flat surfaces like walls and floors and ceilings, the drug itself would form intricate visuals floating in the middle of the room seemingly out of nowhere. I went to the bathroom and was walking past an open door and the light was off in the room. As I looked into the dark my vision swirled and 2 or 3 humanoid forms formed and started advancing towards me. It was insane. The whole trip also had a 'creepy' vibe that I can't describe. I just felt creeped out. It wasnt bad and in fact I found it interesting at the time. I've never had a psychedelic make me feel creeped out before. It was very unique and unlike any drug I've had before.

I'm entering another phase in my life where I'm tripping regularly. I spent a few years not using psychedelics because I was deeply depressed, suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks and my PTSD symptoms were regularly intense. Now that I'm in a better space I'm able to enjoy tripping again. It does seem like IM is the way to take this chem, however, I'm hesitant to do so as its not a good idea for me to have needles around. I used to IV Meth and Heroin and anything else that I could. I've also had a few abscesses and I'm not keen on the idea of getting another. They are extremely painful. I'm wondering, has anyone ever plugged DPT before? If so, how was it?

I used to like DPT. I've only done it in "lesser" doses, I suppose.
It felt like mushrooms which only lasted an hour or so to me. My most common method was actually to snort some and then plug some a bit later. The plugging took longer to hit and lasted longer and thus prolonged the effects to a couple hours maybe.

I have always been an early riser. During the time I was doing DPT, I was with a straight, pretty evil woman.
I could get up, take some DPT, watch the sunrise at the local park tripping, and be sober by the time the witch woman got up.

The whole trip also had a 'creepy' vibe that I can't describe. I just felt creeped out. It wasnt bad and in fact I found it interesting at the time. I've never had a psychedelic make me feel creeped out before. It was very unique and unlike any drug I've had before.

Yeah it's a very weird creepy vibe that's hard to explain.

Yet the creepiness is kind of "cool" and enjoyable in a weird way. Kind of like how people enjoy horror movies and find them fun and interesting (though not a horror fan myself), or like how some people find the paranormal/occult mesmerizing. It's sort of like being in a horror film or a weird dream.

It also feels more dissociating than any serotonergic psychedelic I've ever had. Visually I've personally found it to not effect color as much as it effects the perceived brightness of things. In fact I've found that it makes colors seem desaturated.

What was your dose and via what route? I have only vaped it (I've read some pretty nightmarish trip reports from intranasal DPT).

Oddly, I found it less anxiogenic than vaped DMT.

Low doses of dpt have been extremely variable for me. Of three experiences, one was almost non-psychadelic visually, but incredidibly stimulating. The next two times it felt like a classic tryptamine but a lot rushier. Honestly very interesting material, but I definately see the potential for high doses to get a bit hairy with the body sensations of that first trip (it was taken before watching the film Synecdoche New York, which definately enhanced it's anxiousness).

It was taken before watching the film Synecdoche New York, which definately enhanced it's anxiousness.

Yeah not a great pairing with DPT given the bizarre dissociative nature of that film 🤣. I saw it while in benzo withdrawal, which was a similarly bad mix (likely worse). It seems like its really quite a good film but I was too disturbed from that experience to try and watch it again. Really gets that brain glutamate flowing. I suppose i don't need to rewatch it since the whole thing got sort of etched into my memory, along with this part of the film score:

Main theme starts at 1:00. It's a good theme but not benzo withdrawal conducive (nor DPT -- which has a benzo withdrawalesque feel to it stemming from the dissociation)

Last edited:
Yeah not a great pairing with DPT given the bizarre dissociative nature of that film 🤣. I saw it while in benzo withdrawal, which was a similarly bad mix (likely worse). It seems like its really quite a good film but I was too disturbed from that experience to try and watch it again. Really gets that brain glutamate flowing. I suppose i don't need to rewatch it since the whole thing got sort of etched into my memory, along with this part of the film score:

Main theme starts at 1:00. It's a good theme but not benzo withdrawal conducive (nor DPT -- which has a benzo withdrawalesque feel to it stemming from the dissociation)

I do love that film, I've got a thing for movies that make you feel rather nasty in a very human way. I also love the film Gummo by Harmony Korine as another example (but I've never watched that on a psychadelic; it goes well with mxe).

After watching synecdoche that one time I ran down my street with my friend who was over to burn off the energy.

I used to like DPT. I've only done it in "lesser" doses, I suppose.
It felt like mushrooms which only lasted an hour or so to me. My most common method was actually to snort some and then plug some a bit later. The plugging took longer to hit and lasted longer and thus prolonged the effects to a couple hours maybe.

I have always been an early riser. During the time I was doing DPT, I was with a straight, pretty evil woman.
I could get up, take some DPT, watch the sunrise at the local park tripping, and be sober by the time the witch woman got up.
how would you compare plugging to other roas for dpt?
The idea of snorting that much powder before a trip seems unpleasant

Well, a "bump" is considered to be 20-50 mg and that's a light dose of DPT with 50mg being common. Are you sure you're not looking at oral doses?

I'm not sure exactly how much I was doing, it's been a while. I made a solution of it and did that solution both nasally and rectally in order to be able to estimate a good dose for next time accurately.

I'm thinking I was shooting for 50-100 mg total.

Rectally seems to be a little weaker than nasally while lasting longer.

DPT is like a bridge between a dissociative hole and a tryptamine hyperspace at 150-200mg insufflated.

Lie down, breath and relax otherwise the body tremors are uncomfortable. Works best to have a music playlist and water at arms reach. Turn off the lights, get into bed and close your eyes.

During toilet breaks the visuals and tracers are strong. Dozens of my hands sweep as tracers, like high dose DMT or mushrooms. Moving increases nausea.

Someone in this thread mentioned the distinct 4D neon visuals, I can attest to that.

DPT trips felt smoother compared to my smoked and vaped DMT trips. I read online that DPT has a dark profile compared to DMT but in ways I prefer DPT.

After experimenting with DPT alone at mid-high doses I introduced consuming an oral 20mg dose of 4-HO-MET as a launching pad around 20-40mins before the DPT. I found this really smoothed the DPT comeup and body load. It also heightened the neon visuals and trip.

Its intense for sure, sucks it does not however.
Ive had terrible and traumatising trips om dpt.
Tvice ive broken through and being attacked by demons on it.
Was f'in awful but also cool as a mf.

The pure psychedelic power dpt posess is only matched by dmt.
However dpt is a totally different vibe and not something you do for fun.

Also doses below break through are very euphoric and empowering.
It sucks to snort but IM shots are very pleasent untill you pass a certain threshold, then its pure terrorism in powder form...

Still wish i stocked up when it was legal here.
I can onlycompare IM DPT with what I reckon a jet aircraft ejector seat must feel like

I think people expect DPT to be something like it's friendly methylated brothet but it's a totally different beast. Whereas DMT can be fun and recreational, DPT is a much colder, darker, more metallic, technical trip. I don't recall if I IMed it, but I snorted it multiple times and it was always shockingly intense and hard to manage. Never got a particularly nice afterglow but instead a cracked out stimmy sort of anxiety which sucked and is why I stopped taking it.

I think I smoked it but can't quite be certain of that.

Yeah it's a very weird creepy vibe that's hard to explain.

Yet the creepiness is kind of "cool" and enjoyable in a weird way. Kind of like how people enjoy horror movies and find them fun and interesting (though not a horror fan myself), or like how some people find the paranormal/occult mesmerizing. It's sort of like being in a horror film or a weird dream.

It also feels more dissociating than any serotonergic psychedelic I've ever had. Visually I've personally found it to not effect color as much as it effects the perceived brightness of things. In fact I've found that it makes colors seem desaturated.

What was your dose and via what route? I have only vaped it (I've read some pretty nightmarish trip reports from intranasal DPT).

Oddly, I found it less anxiogenic than vaped DMT.
The one time I tried was intranasal and I think i did around 60mg but I also took some etizolam before it so I don't remember the dosage, but that was around how much I had. But yeah, I've never had enough to bother converting to the freebase or to use up too much material via oral.

That is a great way to describe the creepiness.