Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DPT sucks

Yes

• It does

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I clicked this thread because I saw it's a pool and my ego can't resists giving its opinions

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters
Always been curious about it since I read "The human encounter with death" where they gave DPT or LSD to the terminally ill. Never actually tried it tho.

Most similar to DET, which is more potent and even more beautiful.
Quite interesting, I have never heard anyone say this. In fact, I almost never see anyone discussing DET at all. The 4 subbed versions also seem to be much less popular than other 4 subs. Wonder why

Quite interesting, I have never heard anyone say this. In fact, I almost never see anyone discussing DET at all. The 4 subbed versions also seem to be much less popular than other 4 subs. Wonder why
Can this be due to limited availability? Because initially the only known active N,N-dialkyltryptamines were just DMT, DET, and DPT – no fancy unsymmetrical stuff like MIPT, etc. Of these three compounds DMT and DET have been illegal since the war on drugs came down on the hippie movement in the 1960s. In contrast, DPT had been largely ignored by drug laws in most countries. That is why DPT could reemerge as research chemical a while ago, whereas DET and DMT could not. And for the illicit drug market the production of DMT versus DET made much more sense because as a natural product with a unique action profile, DMT has a much better reputation and higher demand. Limited availability of DET could also be due to stability because the hydrochlorides of pure DMT and DPT are stable at room temperature, whereas the one of DET is not.

DET was illegalized very early on in psychedelic prohibition, maybe even along with LSD, DMT, psilocybin, mescaline, etc. This is because it was one of the few psychedelics known and explored at the time. Because of this, it has been banned for the entire duration (and more) of the modern RC scene, so producers never, or rarely, bothered to make it, since there are so many others that are legal. Someone did make it recently though, as it entered the wild. I have some but haven't tried it yet. My friend and I have always dreamed of trying it, I always thought it sounded interesting from reports. However, I haven't ever read any reports that sound too much like DPT reports. I have yet to try either, though, despite having both.

I actually ordered DPT one time years ago and it never came. It was also supposed to come with some 2cb. :(
Despite the repulsiveness of snorting, that’s how I had planned to dose, but a base tryptamine that you can simply eat would be great. I guess you can eat DPT as well, but I have only heard of people snorting and injecting and that oral was pretty much a waste

What’s the predominant ROA for DET? Oral?

Dpt suckass

It is physical as fuck
Tachycardia, lot of tremors (more than any other drug I've tried) jaw contractions... That shit is like DMT with 4-FA. Who would take this crazy combo?

Plus it has a few reported cases of rhabdomiolys and other bad shit. Unlike DMT which is super safe and has literally 0 bodyload. Who want to feel unsafe when tripping and having a strong bodyload?

Fuck DPT and all random drugs. Just stick with the basics all-time kings LSD DMT shrooms and whatever why you playing with random bad shit?
DPT is probably the most overtly spiritual drug I've ever experienced... what was your ROA with it?
Also, I don't see the logic in telling everyone to not ever do (basically research chem psychedelics) just because you had a few negative experiences.
4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MET , 4-AcO-DPT , 2C-C, 2C-D ,1P-LSD, 1V-LSD etc, etc ,etc have all been just as spectacular for me as any of the classical psychedelics you mentioned.

I actually ordered DPT one time years ago and it never came. It was also supposed to come with some 2cb. :(
Despite the repulsiveness of snorting, that’s how I had planned to dose, but a base tryptamine that you can simply eat would be great. I guess you can eat DPT as well, but I have only heard of people snorting and injecting and that oral was pretty much a waste

What’s the predominant ROA for DET? Oral?
Oral DPT is my preferred ROA actually though I've read it doesn't work for some people, it certainly does for me!

How are the effects and strength compared to insufflated?
I have a hard time to insufflate >100 mg – the sheer amount of voluminous powder, the pain, the drip, and a messed-up nose for days. Just hard to enjoy. Multiple bumps don’t solve the problem for me because the pain just sucks too much once effects have started. Another reason why I prefer the oral ROA - takes much longer till onset, and also has less body-rush, which could be uncomfortable – as OP indicated. I would compare 200 mg oral with 100 mg insufflated. In addition, the effects from oral ROA also feel more complete – if that makes sense.

No drug sucks. Never understood those type of thread titles. (wish the title would change, bad mojo!) Who would say that on a drug forum that has it's own members with varied opinions? I mean I am not a fan of dissociatives but realize others are and can utilize as well as verbalize some of their trips and I read with interest.

DPT is one of my favorites. I challenge anyone to take 30-50 mgs and at the peak throw on a '68 -'69 Live Dead show and tell me.

Man 35 mgs of DPT floors me. I break that down to two lines and do them about 5 minutes apart. My first trip I did 50 mgs and got crushed for 3 hours. Thought I was going to die and felt reborn on the other side. I also looked 5 years younger. A bit much. So then settled on 35 mgs as my go too dose. The little DPT I have left is from two decades ago and white. Simple tryptamines seem to stay in tact like phenethylamines. (Last April I smoked 20 mgs of DMT from 2012 and it was as potent as when it was birthed. :) )

I know I repeat myself. And I know that I always give MorningGlorySeed (RIP) the credit for this statement because it is exactly as I see it. DPT is like hours 2-5 of a very intense LSD trip. I see no similarity to DMT. Possibly a strong dose of 4-ACO-DMT but not like DMT. The only similarity to DMT is both start with a "D".

I had researched possible IM'ing DPT and I may give that a try. But from what I read the safest and most used ROA is insufflated? I really dislike snorting anything but will break down and do DPT that way. But still interested in IM. I have read a few reports where people swallowed 200 mgs and felt nothing, while others got crushed.

Lastly I never knew where the "sinister" component got attached to DPT. Mushrooms have the ability to be that on certain trips. Possible DPT too but I always had good strong ones. I admit it is like a roller coaster. The synesthesia is like a roller coaster through the senses. I always believed the tremors and shakes are the start of any other senses trying to interpret the vibe. Again one time with my eyes closed I felt a huge vibration and it shook me and when I opened my eyes it was a bird flying right by my head. Seems any hearing, sight, feel, taste, or scent starts off as a vibration before the mind converts it to the proper sense.

(Not sure MGS said this but he might, it's like chewing on an electrical chord)

Never had DET but would love too. I bet it is different than DPT.

Last edited:
I cant recall my oral doses, which I titrated up about 2 years ago now. Nothing.
I even tried stacking on top of dxm and still nothing
(I want to say I ran it up to >100mg)

But Ive still got some material to work with and am considering either IN or IR roas.
Is IN really as bad of a burn as some mention? Like 2c-x bad?