• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Doubting Drunkenness? Experiments to Ensue

What ratio of vodka to juice should I use?
I would measure an ounce of alcohol and try 2/3 ounces of juice. Depends on how stiff you like your drinks. If it were me I’d do 2oz vodka and .5oz juice and a few ice cubes. But I drink to get drunk.

This New Year's Eve was an especially eventful one for me. It was my very first alcoholic blackout. I started drinking Long Island Iced Teas and I remember finishing the 3rd one around 7:30 in the evening on December 31st and hoping the bartender wasn't gonna cut me off and would let me get a 4th drink. Then the next thing I knew I was waking up around 6 in the morning on January 1st in the hospital.

I guess I was just so completely hammered that people were concerned about me. I don't remember the trip to the hospital. When I came to I had an iv tube in my hand and it was wrapped up like crazy, although it wasn't actually hooked up to anything by then. They said I kept biting the iv tubing and that's why it was wrapped up so bad.

And I actually do have 1 piece of a memory from that night. It seems less like a memory and more like a dream though. I remember being sick and puking and I have this thing where sometimes when I'm feeling nauseated I stick my finger down my throat to just get everything up and be done with it. I remember repeatedly trying to do that and someone kept pulling my hand away from my mouth so I kept saying "But I wanna throw up!" Maybe that's actually what I was trying to do when they thought I was biting the iv tubes? 🤔

This New Year's Eve was an especially eventful one for me. It was my very first alcoholic blackout. I started drinking Long Island Iced Teas and I remember finishing the 3rd one around 7:30 in the evening on December 31st and hoping the bartender wasn't gonna cut me off and would let me get a 4th drink. Then the next thing I knew I was waking up around 6 in the morning on January 1st in the hospital.
After 3 drinks?
I guess I was just so completely hammered that people were concerned about me. I don't remember the trip to the hospital. When I came to I had an iv tube in my hand and it was wrapped up like crazy, although it wasn't actually hooked up to anything by then. They said I kept biting the iv tubing and that's why it was wrapped up so bad.
Glad you’re out now.
And I actually do have 1 piece of a memory from that night. It seems less like a memory and more like a dream though. I remember being sick and puking and I have this thing where sometimes when I'm feeling nauseated I stick my finger down my throat to just get everything up and be done with it. I remember repeatedly trying to do that and someone kept pulling my hand away from my mouth so I kept saying "But I wanna throw up!" Maybe that's actually what I was trying to do when they thought I was biting the iv tubes? 🤔
You have to remember to pace yourself. You don’t want to get too drunk too quickly. I see it like a long hike or trip. You can’t sprint a long hike. If you do you’ll be totally spent and can’t finish. Start slow and work it out.

Also, glad to see you’re still with us.

It was 3 LONG ISLAND ICED TEAS, which are stronger than other drinks, more like several drinks in one glass. I've had 3 of other drinks and been still sober. That's why the Long Islands snuck up on me so bad.

It was 3 LONG ISLAND ICED TEAS, which are stronger than other drinks, more like several drinks in one glass. I've had 3 of other drinks and been still sober. That's why the Long Islands snuck up on me so bad.
Yeah, totally hear you on the Long Island iced teas… They are good for getting drunk.

Hey, can you guys kinda be my "spotters" and help me figure out when I'm getting a little too buzzed and need to back off on the booze? I'm having some Lemon Drops with dinner at a restaurant rn.