• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Doubting Drunkenness? Experiments to Ensue

tommygirl

Bluelighter
LOL, idk, I love drinking but I feel like I've never really been drunk. I try to pay attention to my body and watch for signs of drunkenness and sometimes I do think I feel something but I'm not sure it isn't just like a placebo thing.

So, does this sound like how I would feel if I was A. Truly drunk B. A little buzzed/tipsy or C. Stone cold sober and wishful thinking?

The burn from swallowing the strong alcohol seems to melt once it hits my stomach and spread so my whole body feels warm and glowy from the inside out. This and a mild, tingly numbness that starts in my face and eventually spreads all over are the first signs, I feel this way after just one or two shots. Lights seem brighter. My eyeballs feel almost like they're swimming, a loose, drifty sensation that makes it a little hard to keep holding my gaze on a specific point. It makes my vision seem "swimmy and drifty" too, like a strange kind of dizziness I only have ever experienced while drinking. I literally feel my eyeballs rolling aimlessly around in their sockets especially when I also feel very sleepy and have to fight my eyelids drifting closed too. I wonder if people can actually see my eyes floating around in my head? Now that I think of it, this feeling spreads all over me too, my whole body feels lighter and looser, which makes my movements feel effortless and flowy. Even my mind feels loose and drifty. I don't really feel like my thinking is impaired or even really badly affected by alcohol, but I will say it tends to make me feel dreamy and have lots of fantasies even if I'm not feeling drowsy too which sometimes I am. I'll admit this makes it hard to concentrate and think in a focused way.

Tl,dr: Warm, glowy, tingly, numb, loose, swimmy, drifty, dreamy, drowsy.

At any rate, I'm going out tomorrow, have a couple errands to run in the am and then I think I'm going to go on a little day drinking adventure! I'm curious to see how this works out.

@tommygirl You're describing the initial rush/buzz from the first few drinks which can be quite euphoric. The tingly warm feeling is the capillaries on your skin dilating and filling with blood. This is being 'tipsy'. Cognitive decline occurs rapidly as you drink more. Delusional sobriety may occur when drunk, in which you will know you're drunk but become oblivious to just how drunk you are. This leads to dangerous behavior such as drunk driving.

The key to proper alcohol use is to moderate/pace your drinks past the initial buzz to maintain a certain level of alcohol but not too much as to get drunk.

Sounds like you’re buzzed after a couple of drinks, like @Snafu in the Void said. If you go past that initial rush phase, you’ll be well on your way to drunk.

What do you expect drunk to be?

Edit: you describe alcohol intoxication quite well at the end of your post.

Sounds like you’re buzzed after a couple of drinks, like @Snafu in the Void said. If you go past that initial rush phase, you’ll be well on your way to drunk.

What do you expect drunk to be?

Edit: you describe alcohol intoxication quite well at the end of your post.
Idk what I really expect drunk to be except just...more than what I've felt so far I guess? Mostly I'd expect to have my thinking be more fucked up. Like "can't even hold a simple convo" level fucked up. And then there's blacking out of course, which I plan to do at least once in my life but not today since imma be in public by myself without a designated "drunky sitter" to help me.

Just to be clear, I'm riding the city bus today, I actually don't even have a driver's license lol. I'm waiting at the bus stop rn, first stop is gonna be the hibachi place for lunch and I think I'm gonna try a couple drinks I've never had before, sake and champagne (not together, obv!). It's cheap ass $9/glass champagne but I'm not exactly a 5 star drinker myself yet.

Idk what I really expect drunk to be except just...more than what I've felt so far I guess?
Somewhat

The feel good effects don't really increase much past the first few drinks. You just become more inebriated, but not really in a good way. The more you drink, the more "dirty" it feels as you begin to feel the negative toxic effects of alcohol more and more.

I'm fairly opinionated about alcohol since I'm an alcoholic and always drink wayyyy too much. Alcohol is a unique drug in that most who are addicted to it also paradoxically hate it.

Being sloppy/black out drunk is fun for the first few times, but the novelty wears off and it gets old pretty quick especially when doing it frequently.

However, everyone reacts differently to alcohol due to genetics and it's complex pharmacology. It's a very unique drug.

Last edited:
Somewhat

The feel good effects don't really increase much past the first few drinks. You just become more inebriated, but not really in a good way. The more you drink, the more "dirty" it feels as you begin to feel the negative toxic effects of alcohol more and more.

I'm fairly opinionated about alcohol since I'm an alcoholic and always drink wayyyy too much. Alcohol is a unique drug in that most who are addicted to it also paradoxically hate it.

Being sloppy/black out drunk is fun for the first few times, but the novelty wears off and it gets old pretty quick especially when doing it frequently.

However, everyone reacts differently to alcohol due to genetics and it's complex pharmacology. It's a very unique drug.
Ok, dumb question probably but if drinking isn't really any more fun after the 1st few drinks, why do people keep drinking past that point?

Ok, dumb question probably but if drinking isn't really any more fun after the 1st few drinks, why do people keep drinking past that point?
It's not a dumb question.

Getting drunk is fun, but what I meant is the euphoria it produces isn't linear like other drugs.

People get drunk because of the sociability and anxiety reduction aspect.

And my opinion is also probably a lot different from the average person due to my history with it.

I'm finally at lunch, I got off the bus and went the wrong frickin way down the sidewalk! I'm a walking disaster even sober istg. Then I couldn't find my ID so I asked the server, do I get a drink or a compliment (I thought that was pretty smooth lol)? I got my champagne so I guess I look old lol.

I would also add that if you need a “drunky sitter” people will quickly tire of drinking with you. Blacking out is terrifying. You can stay comfortably fucked up on booze for a long time if you pace yourself.

How old are you? What’s the most you’ve had to drink in a period of drinking?

I would also add that if you need a “drunky sitter” people will quickly tire of drinking with you. Blacking out is terrifying. You can stay comfortably fucked up on booze for a long time if you pace yourself.

How old are you? What’s the most you’ve had to drink in a period of drinking?
I'm a little embarrassed to admit I'm actually 38 but I have unusually limited life experience for my age for a bunch of complicated reasons I don't feel like getting into rn. The most I've had to drink at 1 time is 8 shots of whiskey. That was a while ago but it was good I think.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I'm actually 38 but I have unusually limited life experience for my age for a bunch of complicated reasons I don't feel like getting into rn. The most I've had to drink at 1 time is 8 shots of whiskey. That was a while ago but it was good I think.
Everyone’s life experience is different. No worries there. ❤️

For me, a man in his 30s, if I wanted to get comfortably drunk and maintain. I would probably start with 2 doubles of whiskey. Then I would drink another single or double of whiskey every hour or so. Basically, I get myself to a point and then reassess every 30 minutes to an hour to see where I want to be.

As an inexperienced drinker. I would recommend 2 shots/beers/wine fairly quickly then wait 20-30 minutes and maybe nurse a beer or wine to see where you’re at. Then just drink a glass of wine or beer pretty much consistently. See where you’re at if you want another or want to wait.

Finished the champagne, it was...ok, I guess? Nothing worth making much fuss about imo. Getting a Lemon Drop next, because I am actually a 12 year old cleverly disguised as an almost 40 year old.

Ohhhhhk, this lemon drop thing right here, this is the dangerous shit. Doesn't even taste like there's any alcohol in it at all. Totally gulpable. We'll see how many of these I can get in before they close the place to transition from lunch to dinner in about half an hour.

Finished the 1st lemon drop, just ordered a 2nd. Little bit of swimmy feeling just hit me. So won't push it too much farther rn I think. Almost done with lunch too. Next step is going to get my nails did with my lil buzz on and then top up for the night at Cheesecake Factory happy hour if I have any money left by then lol.