• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Does a $20 of vodka vs a $400 bottle of fancy vodka (Same Alcohol Percentage) give you different buzz?

what size bottle are we talking? a fifth?

there is a major difference between say a $6 cheap shit bottle and $20 premium stuff bottle, it's much more pure alcohol

the cheapest liquor and booze has all sorts of impurities in them like methanol, especially the cheapest stuff, it basically comes with more side effects and bigger hangovers and takes away from the alcohol buzz

in reality it's the same exact buzz, but cheaper comes with more side effects, so it feels like a shittier buzz

honestly I never appreciated much difference from $20 and $400 bottles other than taste and smoothness, stuff like that

Dom Perignon is overrated IMO

No.. when I was much younger and thought buying expensive vodka was the way to go.. really I was just happy to be being ripped off. I laugh at people who throw down for expensive vodka. Ethanol is what gets you buzzed. Sugars taken with the alcohol can effect your buzz and a hangover.. but ethanol is ethanol.

what size bottle are we talking? a fifth?

there is a major difference between say a $6 cheap shit bottle and $20 premium stuff bottle, it's much more pure alcohol

the cheapest liquor and booze has all sorts of impurities in them like methanol, especially the cheapest stuff, it basically comes with more side effects and bigger hangovers and takes away from the alcohol buzz

in reality it's the same exact buzz, but cheaper comes with more side effects, so it feels like a shittier buzz

honestly I never appreciated much difference from $20 and $400 bottles other than taste and smoothness, stuff like that

Dom Perignon is overrated IMO
Soooo.

Lately I've been buying 50% alcohol Smirnoff alcohol bottles

And they been giving me a good buzz.

But a really shitty hang over

What can I substitute this for that might cost a bit more money that's also 50% alcohol and won't give me much of a hang over?

No.. when I was much younger and thought buying expensive vodka was the way to go.. really I was just happy to be being ripped off. I laugh at people who throw down for expensive vodka.
Hmmm hmmm

Thanks for the advice

Do you know where I can buy an empty bottle of Luis 13 or some expensive $5000 alcohol bottle?

So I can fill it up with cheap vodka and fool all my friends? Lol

Soooo.

Lately I've been buying 50% alcohol Smirnoff alcohol bottles

And they been giving me a good buzz.

But a really shitty hang over

What can I substitute this for that might cost a bit more money that's also 50% alcohol and won't give me much of a hang over?
yeah smirnoff is cheap shit, but I never liked vodka anyways

I like a good mid budget canadian whiskey

and spiced rum, love me some Sailor Jerry's
Try this, it's what Jim Lahey from Trailer Park Boys is always drinking. I spent most of 2021 wasted on this stuff!

xT4bggO.jpg

Yea there is a difference with better quality booze, doesn’t mean more expensive is better but there is shit quality and good quality based on congeners present.

A quality distillation (preferably multiple) is very important, it can remove a lot of those impurities. Aging in a barrel is also another way to remove congeners.

This is why I go with Jameson. I’m very susceptible to the hangover of shit booze but Jamo is noticeably better than most. They triple distill, then age for a minimum of 4yrs. They use at a certain point in the aging “recharred barrels” which have activated charcoal from the charring process which further removes congeners. All in all, comes out to a good clean ethanol.

-GC

I have found that a more expensive bottle of cognac gave me a really good buzz compared to any other alcohol I had before. Id been drinking hardcore for quite awhile by the time I was 18 or so when it happened. I went to the reservation across town every weekend and then some and I drank with my friends there all the way through. Alcohol was my first true addiction to a substance.

An acquaintance of mine / buddy of theirs - guy I didn’t know very well offered the bottle. I bought it for $30. It was a $200 bottle normally. I forget the make now.

I drank the entire bottle (26er or for US reader Canadas equivalent to a 1/5th) and the buzz was really amazing compared to usual. I didn’t experience much of a hangover the next day. I drank the bottle in a few hours too because it was so smooth going down too..

Id drink expensive cognac all the time if I was very rich and my bar needed unstocked so as to tear it down and extend it to the other bar, across the mansion, with the same Color scheme. Then I’d drink it again. I forgot to detail the little cuff links across a marriage bar stool in the wedding section, silly me.

Then I’d have a drink. Finally after a hard days work.

Hmmm hmmm

Thanks for the advice

Do you know where I can buy an empty bottle of Luis 13 or some expensive $5000 alcohol bottle?

So I can fill it up with cheap vodka and fool all my friends? Lol
That would actually be a really intresting social experiment tbh. Someone should actually try this.

Have one group drink the cheap vodka from the cheap bottle, and then a the same vodka from a more expenisve bottle and see if there is a placibo.

not sure of the science but even spending 10 or twenty dollars more on the bottle of vodka will create a different buzz. for me anyway.
peace

Yea there is a difference with better quality booze, doesn’t mean more expensive is better but there is shit quality and good quality based on congeners present.

A quality distillation (preferably multiple) is very important, it can remove a lot of those impurities. Aging in a barrel is also another way to remove congeners.

This is why I go with Jameson. I’m very susceptible to the hangover of shit booze but Jamo is noticeably better than most. They triple distill, then age for a minimum of 4yrs. They use at a certain point in the aging “recharred barrels” which have activated charcoal from the charring process which further removes congeners. All in all, comes out to a good clean ethanol.

-GC
My ex turned me on to Jameson, it's good shit no chaser needed🍦

When I was in was young I drank stoli when I was a little older I drank goose and stoli.. now that I know what I’m fucking talking I drink fleischmanns and only drop top shelf if I want to impress an idiot which is never.

Like buying a 450$ canvas hat.. https://www.mytheresa.com/en-us/guc...28UXyRf6EEQ-LSBRqexoCpYkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I’m rich but need to prove it by buying cheap shit for lots of money.. it’s has a well known brand stamp that proves my idiocy for all to see.

Nope
just a different hangover

grain liqours are always the worst the following day

try a vodka made from potatoes
I always preferred vodka from potatoes myself... Luksusowa (from Poland) was my favorite brand – a little more "oily" (in a good way) and well below the $20 cutoff for a fifth (750ml).