• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Does a $20 of vodka vs a $400 bottle of fancy vodka (Same Alcohol Percentage) give you different buzz?

Scotch Whisky> all other types of spirits.
EDIT: In my honest opinion
Scotch is also one of the better values in the US for a cheap liquor, IME. Back when I was a heavy drinker, Jim Beam and similar bourbon was the favorite liquor of my friends, but I found that even the cheapest brand of Scotch in a plastic handle (1.75L) tasted better.

My ex turned me on to Jameson, it's good shit no chaser needed🍦

At the bar I always go Double Jameson Sour, Short. Minimal hangover, especially if I’m someplace where they make them with low sugar. I hate when they give me a tall, too much sugar.

Also people hate on Jameson sometimes but it’s one you can find at almost every bar.

But you’re right I can drink it on the rocks no problem.

-GC

Right now im drinking corona extra had one without a lime and my co worker stopes by ( I have no car / license for now) hooked me up with 2 limes and I was so happy I gave him some gabapentin tastes so much better I use 2 small wedges and im golden off topic but what the hell

Scotch is also one of the better values in the US for a cheap liquor, IME. Back when I was a heavy drinker, Jim Beam and similar bourbon was the favorite liquor of my friends, but I found that even the cheapest brand of Scotch in a plastic handle (1.75L) tasted better.
That's why they have different denominations. Scottish "WHISKY" is not the same as american "WHISKEY". Something similar happens here in South america, Peruvian "Pisco" is not the same as chilean "Pisco". Chilean Pisco is shit they tried to copy us, I'm not even joking that shit is awful. Here in Peru we have some mutant high quality grapes from Ica, in the city of Pisco(duh) and the original PISCO to have the denomination of Pisco***.it is only distilled once and one of the best drinks the world comes out from those grapes. Chilean Pisco on the other hand has to be distilled 2-4 times and they end up with a lame product which has too much % of alcohol so they add water and scents from other shit. In the end chilean Pisco at least is better than lye if u wanna clean your toilet. 🤮🌈😝

Of all the distilled spirits, vodka is the one that is least different from brand to brand.
It's ethanol and water.
Mhmmm, I'd recommend you to try Pisco. Not because I'm Peruvian lols. It's cause it's one of the best spirits ever, there's like 4'5 types tho(all of em good, some of em are to make cocktails, others are to drink on the rocks and one of em Acholado* is a mix of all. Very good still tho 👌)give it a try whenever u can, the best brands are not that expensive as a good scotch and the best part is no hangover 💯🌈🤍🥰

Mhmmm, I'd recommend you to try Pisco. Not because I'm Peruvian lols. It's cause it's one of the best spirits ever, there's like 4'5 types tho(all of em good, some of em are to make cocktails, others are to drink on the rocks and one of em Acholado* is a mix of all. Very good still tho 👌)give it a try whenever u can, the best brands are not that expensive as a good scotch and the best part is no hangover 💯🌈🤍🥰
I'll certainly try it, but I stand by my original assertion that vodka is the least different.
There may be differences, but not as pronounced as in whiskey for instance.

I haven't had vodka in 5 or 6 years but for decades I considered it the most important of the food groups. Like 2 liters or more a day, every day. And always the cheapest shit I could find.

I don't miss that.
Naughtyyyyy boiiiii u wer. Xp

I have tried some very expensive alcohol

CLIX Vodka $500.00​

Only 2,000 bottles of this vodka, which was distilled an astounding 159 times, have ever been produced.

Rémy Martin Louis XIII Magnum Cognac $10,000​

WhistlePig The Boss Hog III: The Independent $5,500.00​

And some very expensive Japaneses scotch, and some Bourbons!
BTW: all these where paid for on an Expense account.

The only advantage I have found from really good alcohol is, the purity and less of a hangover.
There are some very special barrels out there, and very limited supply of them, that account for 95% of the higher price.

Like Art, (Buy what you like, not what you think will make you $$)
drink what you like and do not worry what the fuck other people think

Last edited:
The amount of people who have stopped the shakes with mouthwash is Very High. Mouthwash must be Very hard on your stomach??

Dammn, that's serious shtt xddd well u were prob a kid back then, we all do stupid shit when we are young.
I was a hardcore alcoholic, physically addicted most of the time, from age 20 to 55.

I had a few periods of sobriety in there, too-- usually about 6 months to a year, the longest was 3 years. I always required medical detox.

Living like that is no fun at all. It's not really living, it's just barely existing.

I was a hardcore alcoholic, physically addicted most of the time, from age 20 to 55.

I had a few periods of sobriety in there, too-- usually about 6 months to a year, the longest was 3 years. I always required medical detox.

Living like that is no fun at all. It's not really living, it's just barely existing.
Sounds like you are sober Now??
good job that was a Hell of a run !!

Rum and whiskey better in my opinion
Hell yeah on the brown stuff. I really enjoy Maker's Mark, not really expensive but goes down smooth and even if drink half a 750 I really won't be hungover. Nice and drunk tho. Once and a while I'll treat myself to a fancy single malt but that's really for sipping on a few glasses over a night not getting blasted.

Edit: no chaser, no rocks, room temperature

Last edited:

Same thing with anything that you abuse to be honest. Opiates, Cocaine, Amphetamines, etc not friggin life, you spend all die thinking about when you gonna have money to be high/drunk again and you can't stop cause if you do....you get sick as fuck. When you realize 10-20 years have gone by. So not worth it...🤍 learn from our mistakes, kids.

Sounds like you are sober Now??
good job that was a Hell of a run !!
It was a helluva run.
But no, I'm not sober. I've talked about this in other threads. Something happened 4 or 5 years ago that I cannot explain. I am now able to enjoy controlled drinking, which I do.
I probably drink more than what is generally accepted as "normal" or "healthy," but it's a whole lot less than I used to.
After work, I have 2 to 4 beers (and a few puffs of weed) and that's it. I may drink a little more on my days off, but I never drink in the morning and I never get shit-faced.
I also dabble in other drugs I used to have serious problems with-- coke, meth, opioids. I'll indulge in one of those things for a few days every 3 or 4 months.
I never used to be able to do this and I have no idea why I can now-- unless it's my daily use of kratom, my age, or a combination of the two.
Anyway, it works for me and I'm sticking with it.

*Note to recovering addicts/alcoholics: do NOT try this at home