Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Do you have an alltime favorite movie?

Before I saw "Der Untergang" (Downfall), my alltime favorite movie was "American Psycho", but now it's certainly the first mentioned.

Aliens, hands-down. I've probably seen almost twenty times, and each viewing is almost as good as the first time. In fact, I think it's best action movie ever made, and have yet to see another one that can make you feel like you've been wrung dry at the end, like it was too much of a good thing (The Rock comes closest, IMO).

^ why?

threads in which people just skip to the end and tack on a single line response to a list are of little value. i like it when people take time to explain why a particular movie appeals to them. so, please, don't just list the movie. tell us why it's your favorite.

alasdair

very easily The Usual Suspects

Why you ask?

I have a film fetish for good twists and also love Kevin Spacey and this is the ultimate combination

The anticipation of watching this film and how beautifully it was crafted and then what is revealed to us at the end left me in ecstacy after my first and second and third viewing...

Wow, it's hard to choose one movie. My favourite musical artist changes a couple of times a year. But here goes...

Shaun of the Dead

I remember loving it when I saw it at the movies when I was 16. I love comedy, and it works on this level. I've also been interested in the idea of experiencing a post-apocalyptic world since I was young (so zombie apocolypse works). I like the way the film handles a serious situation with easy going humour throughout and more emotionally compelling moments scattered through it.

One's easy for me.

Lawrence of Arabia.

A kind of epic now lost to modern cinema. And a perfect experience. No longer able to be replicated or equalled, existing now as a symbol of what once was achievable.

And it's still not on fucking blu-ray.

Alltime fav has gotta be The Departed. This movie rocked my world. The second it ended i turned to my friend and said that movie is winning best picture hands down. Leo Dicaprio has had some good movies but to me this is his best one.

Probably my favorite actor of all time is Humphrey Bogart. He is always such a suave, confident character. Casablanca and Treasure of the Sierra Madre are classics.

Best director of all time has gotta be Alfred Hitchcock, although there are many close runners up.

Platoon. Easily one of the best war movies ever made. The film has so many layers, it's much more than a run of the mill war movie, the emotional complexity, the exploration of humanity and morality in wartime, and the relationships among the platoon make it my favorite of all time.

Thelma and Louise. Don't get me wrong, I love men, I mean I know it might come across like some man hating movie but it was really more about female solidarity. It's an old movie but some of those are the best (especially road movies!!!) and I love both leads and Harvey Keitel's character.

I found this movie really inspiring, I've seen it countless times and never ever get tired of watching the ending.

"Let's not get caught ... let's keep going".