⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Do you have an alltime favorite movie?

keystroke said:
I don't think many people understand the concept of "FAVOURITE MOVIE".....

meaning only one ;)

totally, which is why i will simply answer no. i do not have an all time favorite movie. i have favorites and about 3 times a year i'll see a movie that totally blows my mind and becomes my little obesession ( lost in translation or city of god would prolly be the most recent) but im way too hard pressed to name my favorite anyting:)

The Dark crystal
Labrynth
American beauty
Con Air (I really dont know why... but I can watch it anytime)
Spirited away(Please oh please EVERYBODY needs to watch foreign films in the language they were intended to been watched!! The real voice actors are a million times better than the voice overs. USE SUBTITLES!! helps if you can understand a little of the language too I guess... but eh thats not always possible)

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard all kinds of good things, and from the shorts I've seen, and the making of it. I'm going to have to go with Sky Captain.

^ your favourite movie ever is one you have not even seen yet?

alasdair

heheheh^^^^
well then i change mine to either Star Wars 3 or Star Wars 7. Lucas says absolutely that there will not be any live action star wars films after episode 3, but then again the 3 prequels can hardly be called "live action".

alasdairm said:
i can't believe that we didn't already have a favourite movie of all time thread! thanks for starting this wanderer21.

we do have this related reading: top five films

so, the challenge is for people to name one movie which is their all time favourite.

for me it's easy. this film has been top of my list since the day i saw it and has never been bumped from the #1 spot: 12 angry men (1957)

it contains one of my favourite movie scenes of all time too: Pick one scene or image that you feel represents cinematic genious!

alasdair

Thakn you for introducing me to this movie - saw it last night - it was fantastic!

alasdairm said:
^ your favourite movie ever is one you have not even seen yet?

alasdair

Yes, now that I've seen seen it. I was correct in saying so. I was impressed with the way it was made. This is a field I'm extremely interested with, so I was happy to see someone doing something new, and it turned out good.

Unlike George Lucas crap, that is toned down for kids. I wish they would have done more, but with how long it took them to do that much, I was impressed.

Jean Valjean said:
i cant pick a favorite, but i REALLY like the movie ronin w/ robert de niro and jean reno (as well as other great actors).

YES! Ronin is wicked. Classic script. Classic scenes. Wicked driving.

NOT my favorite movie. But close.

Blade Runner is probably my favorite even though Ford is pretty much a terrible actor (the original is just terrible with him doing narration). But in this movie/film I'd say he fits the bill for the role. They need to do a reshow of this on the big screen.

*ahems*

I've been think a lot lately and smoking a lot and...Blade Runner is not my favorite movie. A skate vid is.
Transworld Anthology.
If you skate you might begin to appreciate the film (and I said no to Plan B and Video Days). If you look closely you'll see a lot of little stuff (Markovich kickflip down the school gap).

The breakdown:

Penny Opener. He makes it look too easy. Basically he's the most natural talent there is on a board. Nothing is beyond him.
Reynolds, Heath, Berra combo Birdhouse early video stuff. Great song.
Amazing skating.

Amazing combo video segment.

Bob and Lincoln skating the picnic table.
Kalis and Stevie Love Park.

Neal Mims banger.
Carrol's mad combo parts from Modus.
And proof of why Muska is so good.

I could literally watch Penny's mini part for days. I liked Reynolds before I saw this. And now I worship the man. He is blessed.

Go jack this vid.

Last edited:
My two favorite movies of all time are:
The Burbs with Tom Hanks. If anyone has not seen this movie, go out and buy/rent/or steal it now!
My other favorite movie would have to be Fight Club......Need I say more?

favorite ever seen in the theatre Bourne Supremacy (first 15 min anyway);)

Favorite ever though mmmmm... maybe Cool Hand Luke

whats your favorite movie ever?

for me it's meet joe black. for some reason i love that moive. why i ask this question? its becasues a friend bought me eternal sunshinse with the thought of how i like movives. when im sober ill report,,,

Hard.. Taxi Driver, scarface, trainspotting, fear & loathing, clockwork orange...tooo many.

This is a hard one. And if you ask me tomorrow, it might be different;)

Right now, it's the "notebook"

Right now, and probably for a very long time Vanilla Sky but that is a very tough question to ask.

Currently Stroszek. It haunts me dreams and all that git.

Fantastic film.