Do you consider Ketamine a Psychedelic?

Is ketamine a psychedelic

• yes

Votes: 56 65.1%
  • no

Votes: 30 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weed is classified as (minor) psychedelic by lots of experts, and also by me. I had my worse bad trips on weed

To me a psychedelic is something that produces visual in the sense of colours, geometrical patterns.

Ketamine to me is not a psychedelic.

this doesn't make sense. by your definition ketamine should be a psychedelic for you.

didn't the word psychedelic mean soul manifesting ? if it is so ketamine should be considered a psychedelic

this doesn't make sense. by your definition ketamine should be a psychedelic for you.

You're assuming that ketamine produces colors/patterns for him. That's probably why it doesn't make sense to you.....the subjective experience varies from person to person -- it's not gonna be the same for everyone.

Psychedelic translates to "mind-manifesting".

I can't define psychedelic but to me if it alters my perception or makes me me feel otherworldly it's a psychedelic. From weed to acid to MDMA to Dissociatives.

I think some may be struggling because they are answering the question "is ketamine a useful psychedelic."

Ketamine is being studied for depression (did they finish?) but it has downsides (addiction) not seen in other non-dissociative psychelics nearly as badly.

Also dissociatives don't really leave you with anything to pull out of the trip. Ya you might have done some astral exploration but the next day you're still there, can't remember much of it and didn't gain anything.