• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] N,N-DMT vs. 5-MeO-DMT

Well I was refering to wikipedia and they use to have a list of plants that contain whatever % of whoozle'what alkaloids.

itsallfake: enjoy, your gonna have to sift through this and click the links of which interest you since i just spent an hour and a half trying to locate the better list i used (it had like each plant exact name with exact alkaloid content and average %s, it was amazing ) when i was doing a school report.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_plants

^Wikipedia is a crap place for really specific info on alkaloid content. I wouldn't use it.

The thing you CAN'T mention is where to BUY the plants.

DMT versus 5-MeO-DMT

Can someone please explain to me the significant differences between DMT and 5-MeO?

I've only tried 5-meo-DMT, but I've done a fair amount of reading and the general consensus seems to be that 5-meo-DMT can be a bit more uncomfortable, and several people despise it.... I don't hate it but I don't like it a ton either.

They are completely different drugs, the only similarity is the duration and the fact they are both normally smoked...

Anyway, there should be a more info on erowid and in the big and dandy threads on those chemicals here in the forum. I suggest you do some reading.

Ugster said:
I've only tried 5-meo-DMT, but I've done a fair amount of reading and the general consensus seems to be that 5-meo-DMT can be a bit more uncomfortable, and several people despise it.... I don't hate it but I don't like it a ton either.

They are completely different drugs, the only similarity is the duration and the fact they are both normally smoked...

Anyway, there should be a more info on erowid and in the big and dandy threads on those chemicals here in the forum. I suggest you do some reading.

Well, thank you!
The only question I really still have is whether or not the trips are similar. :S

Ale[XTC] said:
Well, thank you!
The only question I really still have is whether or not the trips are similar. :S

This question is kinda subjective, but a lot of people seem to think their entirely different, though I have had a couple people say their the same.

i have only tried dmt, but from what i have read the experiences on 5-meo-dmt seem to be quite different. i can somehow relate to dmt trip reports but cannot relate to reports of 5-meo in the same way.
i think you should read trip reports on both substances. they should give you a good impression

whether or not the trips are similar
short answer : they are not

also, keep in mind that the dmt experience is very different depending on how you absorb it

they take you to very different places. 5-meo-DMT is much more brute in its destruction of your ego. It will demolish your sense of self, obliterating and smearing you across the universe like a greasy smudge.

DMT on the other hand has never destroyed my ego completely and I've smoked up to 70mg in one go. I've always been very present in the trip and have known it was happening to me (although I have been so high I forget things like I just smoked a drug, it was DMT, it was Xmg, etc). Low doses of DMT are extremely lucid, often I am able to maintain my regular train of thought while visuals crystalize behind my eyelids.

You just have to explore them both if you want to know! They are both worthwhile!

Although I LIKE DMT better than its 5methoxy counterpart, both are very good substances and capable of catalyzing deep changes in a person.

i rarely get a sense of terror from DMT, rather i usually get the sense of absolute enlightenment... 5-meo-dmt always makes me panic
all the visuals i get from 5-meo-dmt are in black and white and very dull... while DMT visuals are like incredibly colorful, vivid, and powerful

i definately prefer DMT

oh I've found that one can use DMT recreationally but it is very hard to use 5-meo-dmt recreationally. YMMV, but whenever I smoke 5-meo-DMT I am on my hands and knees begging or chanting to some God out there. It is a very spiritual (religious!) molecule for me, it brings up a lot of old spiritual habits (prostrating, chanting, mudras).

In fact, one of my coolest 5-meo-DMT trips was spent sitting in lotus position and 'turning the wheel' with my hand movements (mudras). Each hand movement held such significance to me...it was like I was supporting the world with my hands).

I've only had a low dose once of 5-meo-dmt and I snorted it so I can't really compare the two but I found it to be a completely different experience. DMT was also more enjoyable for me but the dosage played it's role in that matter. I'll experiment with both more later.

DMT experience is more "complite" than 5-meo-dmt. 5-meo-dmt seems to be handicapped brother of dmt. I've smoked and injected both of them. 5-meo-dmt experience is only poor extract of dmt, sub-psychodelic, euphorisant and non visual.

sory for my english.

greets

patitafon

For me DMT will obliterate the outside world and overtake my visual field with unbelievable hallucinations. Time dilation, euphoria, entity contact, and the inability to see anything other than visuals are what I experience on DMT.

what scares me about 5-meo-dmt is that i've read reports that people have tried it and afterwards have experienced panic attacks, not just when taking drugs or what not, but randomly during normal daily activities. also, a friend of mine said that since he tried 5-meo, he can't comfortably smoke dmt for some reason. the trip goes in a different direction or something.

does anyone else have any experience with weird lasting effects from 5-meo.

5-meo-dmt experience is only poor extract of dmt
just to counter the not so positive comments about 5-meo-dmt, i have to remark that for some people, 5-meo is highly more valuable than smoked dmt

although it's only a detail, personally i also get beautiful visuals on 5-meo (exactly the same every time)

it brings up a lot of old spiritual habits (prostrating, chanting, mudras).

In fact, one of my coolest 5-meo-DMT trips was spent sitting in lotus position and 'turning the wheel' with my hand movements (mudras).
do you consider those full doses?

because on a breakthrough, you certainly shouldn't be able to use your body, or see it or be aware that you have a body

if you haven't had a complete breakthrough, definitely go for it
breakthrough effects are a world apart from lower doses

the difference is much bigger than with dmt, which has a more progressive augmentation of the effects

does anyone else have any experience with weird lasting effects from 5-meo.
i've had flashbacks in dreams and once on mushrooms
i wish i still did, it's been a while :)

but no negative effects in my case

For me, and a small population, it seems, 5-MeO-DMT simply gives horrendous peripheral effects with almost nothing psychological besides the repeating of the phrase "ugh, when will this end?" (at ANY dose) - UNLESS combined with other psychedelics, then, it gives a wonderful anihalation experience.

I haven't smoked DMT, but Ayahuasca had absolutely nothing to do with 5-MeO-DMT... it was as if they belonged to different families of drugs.

often 5-MeO-DMT is called the power and DMT is called the glory. unfortunately, I have no experience with smoked DMT, but when I smoke a full dose of 5-MeO-DMT, my mind explodes into bright light - I love this substance! smoked DMT, on the other hand, is said to be very colorful and to produce very complex visuals, so I imagine smoked DMT is liek a very short and very intense shroom trip - also since my single ayahuasca experience was quite similar to shrooms.