View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] N,N-DMT vs. 5-MeO-DMT

Crackhead_Dan

Bluelighter
Ive been reading and contrasting DMT vs 5-MeO-DMT for quite some time now and I am really interested in experiencing one or the other. The meo-DMT reports are unduly mixed, ranging anywhere from positive glowing experiences to chemical hell. There seems to be more negative reports stemming from meo-DMT. Ive never done either substance. Id like to experience DMT from some natural source, but remain undecided as to which one would be the easiest/most effective. 5-MeO-DMT is easy to come by, but I worry that my trip will only end up with my brain being blasted into some kind of dissociated hell. From what Ive researched, the two chems are similar, only with meo-DMT having a different dose response and encompassing more side-effects than with its cousin. Has anyone done both substances and could give me some suggestions as to making my first DMT experiences a good one?

From what Ive researched, the two chems are similar, only with meo-DMT having a different dose response and encompassing more side-effects than with its cousin.

I'd do some more reading cause that ain't true at all. First off, the trips are NOTHING alike. They are night and day different. And I get no side effects from either DMT or 5-MeO-DMT. I have reports on both at erowid if you wanna read them.

I opened my eyes, and the next thing I knew there was this face popping out of a book laying on my desk. It was difficult to make out, but it was clearly a female and she was smiling at me. Most dramatic were they eyes. They seemed to posses a life of their own. Unlike other psychedelics, this vision did not seem attached to my ego or me.

I lay down on the ground and was instantly immersed into a world that consisted solely of my ego. It was as though I was swimming in an ocean of myself. The intensity was beyond belief.

[...]

At no time did I feel even a hint of fear, though I could see the experience being quite terrifying if I resisted the effects. I was held in the hands of the universe and shown unconditional love and acceptance. I became the universe. Then the universe had an orgasm. What a blissful experience.

Unreal. Night and Day alright, and I think I indeed know which to choose first. Are these comparitive reactions relatively common?

Are what reactions common?

These reactions are common...

People generally don't see entities on 5-MeO-DMT, only DMT

5-MeO-DMT is much more emmersive, and one generally experiences complete ego loss. Some describe this as 'oneness with the universe'

I could go on and on. Your best bet is to read all the trip reports that exist and decide then.

Those are some of the questions I needed answered... Actually I was chatting with alas last night and he told me a little about his 5-MeO-DMT experience, and it was a little contradictory to the euphoria you've described - yet still consistent in terms of concept wandering

After a few more reads, I'm torn between the two... but thinking of 5-MeO-DMT. The neutral DMT realm sounds ideal, but those "beings" often seem a little bit unruly and ill intentioned. I just don't want my wallet and/or stereo stolen by one, is all ;)

DMT can be wonderful, and the entities I have encountered haven't been too ill-tempered. OTOH, I've never done DMT freebase, only as ayahuasca.

If you are going to smoke both, the effects could be very overwhelming at first but they'll pass....

I love the colorful and otherwordly way DMT presents the universe and I like the way 5-meo immerses you in the universe....Its a matter of personal taste but in either case, the smoked experience is the strongest and most powerful psychedelic experience I know of....Have a trip sitter around...Not recreational in any way, this is a serious investigation of the fabric of all dimensions and, as someone here put it, it is like swimming with the sharks...its their world, dont even try to control it...

I've done up to 50mg of 5MeO-DMT smoked and only got mild trippy feelings with extreme nasuea and also a feeling of passing out, same as with lower doses. DMT on the other has blown me so far away on several occasions that i have kissed the ground upon returning and stopped useing psychedelics for some time out of fear and believe me it is not a "fun" experience as for me the first few times were terrible in intensity and effects as i experience complete ego loss on DMT with feelings beyond belief. I never thought my mind was capable of such things and the intensity was like no other but i've learned how to relax and flow with the experience now although i will never make the mistake of taking 80mg again i can't believe i got it all into my lungs and what i experienced i would'nt wish on my worst enemy, such a horrible hell but buy the ticket, take the ride!

DMT is not something you should be worrying about taking.

That is to say, if you have to ask... you're not ready--by any means.

I'm worried and concerned every time i light up my DMT pipe and get ready for that classic, Oh no i fucked up big this time! Then when i'm back i kiss the floor say i'm never doing another psychedelic again and then i come to my senses and i think it was a good experience when realy I am scared to shit of that stuff but yet I always have the balls to do it again and actualy work for getting it but theres something about being destroyed that brings me back!

ayahusaca: if you like throwing up your entire stomachs contents, be my guest!

I prefer the RUSH I get from the smoking... and with 5-me0-DMT I simply get a chemical detacjed feeling that I can't explain or even draw anything useful from...

IMO... DMT, though more confusing, provides an answer to any question you could need to have answered, though sometimes the answer is in the form of more questions.

DMT is fucking cool, mostly because it only lasts 10 minutes.......a large dose of either mushrooms or Mescaline can achieve the same state.....but one hour of that (which seems life 50 years) gets a bit hard to take......DMT is too quick to become to scared....as it is gone before you can really start to panic

DMT is not something you should be worrying about taking.
....Somethings wrong with you if you arent worried about taking DMT. And as for not being ready? Lets face it, we all thought we wee ready the first time we smoked it....but I think thats the greatest hallucination DMT gives. No amount of reading experience reports can prepare ya for the actual experience...words cant even begin to describe it.

What I meant by not worrying about taking it, was that he shouldn't be thinking about taking it if he honestly needs to ask if he should do it.

As in, don't worry about that right now... try something else first.