• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

you might not do it intentionally, but we usually; 9/10 times id gander, follow a theme of color preference, the same as with music and art. most of my clothes are an earthy/mineral tone in color, or gray and black. the decision is not always a cognitive one, it is just what i am drawn towards on the rack at the store.

sometimes ill get home and then ask myself why i bought another similar item.
;)

I'm very VERY surprised you're interested in this, given how into your yoga you are.

Me? Fashion = conformity. Fashionistas seem to want to dress guys up as queer metrosexual type things, and women as boyish waifs, who sport these interesting and creative clothes.

Generally though - the wrong usage of colour. I see black EVERYWHERE in fashion - black is a depressive colour, and often fashion utilizes the wrong colours seasonally. No one needs to be wearing loads of black during the winter - it's depressing enough as it is!

Colours portray what mood you are in generally, but they also influence your mood too. Therefore it's a bit of a vicious circle if you habitually wear black. Or white, unless you are really calm and pure.

Personally I wear what is practical, comfortable, and the right colours for the right seasons (warming colours for autumn and winter, cooling calming colours for summer and vibrant colours for spring...underneath a leather jacket, which I wear everyday due to riding a motorbike.
what is this i don't even

what up, joe! life good?

and yea, PiP. you gotta choose. fashion & ballet or philosophy & yoga. the former is pretty!

thylaneknowsballet.jpg

tutu is bonton. socks and shoes repetto. photo by benoit peverelli.

and yea, PiP. you gotta choose. fashion & ballet or philosophy & yoga. the former is pretty!

i only know you from this thread and f&t(i think? somewhere else iirc..), so i'm not sure if srs.
Anyway PLZ tell me that is sarcasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
bl- srs business :|

edit: honestly tho, there are ppl in fashion, yoga, philosophy, and ballet who are morons and missing the points entirely. With the exception of ballet, i can think of several ppl for each of those areas who're regularly posting nonsense to bluelight. There is abso-fucking-lutely zero mutual exclusivity between any of the 4. Suggesting otherwise means you're doing it wrong.

/won't deny i see a little bit of oddity in PiP's fashion/style tastes wrt everything else he's seemingly about, but that doesn't even matter too much cuz the ideas themselves are not remotely contradictory. Honestly there's a TON of crossover, w/ possible exception to certain interpretations of what yoga is supposed to be about..

yoga and ballet go hand in hand, in my opinion.

fashion is deep; consider this: besides a racial context, discriminatory remarks and actions seem to focus on choice of clothing secondly, next perhaps mannerism/body language and communications skills, then the actual content of what is being communicated.

^that makes me think you get a lot fo the general ideas w/o being able to mesh/integrate them together (i say that because of things like the incredible differences between the clothing types you mention, and things you post/like in this thread)

and yes yoga/ballet *absolutely* go hand-in-hand. Some 'yoga purists'(lol, yes, i'm looking at you buddy) try to attach a lot of, well, 'voodoo'/ritual to it that IMO is utterly irrelevant (and the progression of yoga through the ages shows most agree with this. ppl are realizing how great yoga is, w/o needing to focus on all the irrelevancies that some still cling to. The stretching/relaxation/flexibility/static-holds are relevant; the ritualistic approaches are not)
I'm not feeling close to eloquent enough right now to explain how a lot of the high-end fashions deal in concepts that're crazy philosophical* in an aesthetic sense, but may comd back in a few for that one (*fashion shows are, in many respects, very very clearly the work of an artist trying for a physical embodiment of abstract ideas/ideals, in many regards.)

some 'yoga purists'(lol, yes, i'm looking at you buddy) try to attach a lot of, well, 'voodoo'/ritual to it that IMO is utterly irrelevant (and the progression of yoga through the ages shows most agree with this. ppl are realizing how great yoga is, w/o needing to focus on all the irrelevancies that some still cling to. The stretching/relaxation/flexibility/static-holds are relevant; the ritualistic approaches are not)

You talk as if there is One style of yoga to which everyone must conform to else they be sadly misguided. This is far from the case.

Anyway, this is the fashion thread not the pranayama thread so . . .

I got a sneak peek at Givenchy's spring line-up and omg, polka dots are, like omg, TOTALLY in this year.

I got a sneak peek at Givenchy's spring line-up and omg, polka dots are, like omg, TOTALLY in this year.

really? Givenchy Polka Dots, got a link to that?
(please let us know if you are being sarcastic, and if you are, refrain from posting)

plz don't bait me, if you don't want long diatribes cloggin up ur thread.

long diatribes about fashion? what could it hurt. i'm baiting you.

in the meantime, more thylane...

thylaneJohnGalliano_KidsSS09_o.jpg

wearing john galliano

and this girl...

MoaAbergby+BruceWeber+forUKVogue+April2012.jpg

wearing celine.

y'know what, i don't even need to be long-winded.

"young girls in pretty clothes"

the first subject isn't an accurate description- age may be relevant, but isn't the determining factor.
2nd subject- "pretty". What is pretty, and how to convey it to others, is nothing but the concept of making real/physical/concrete depictions of abstract concepts. Others have given examples of as much in the past couple hours, tho they were more concerned w/ "earthy"/'moody' approaches (which, imo, are FAR more basic approaches than what we see embodied in the higher-fashions you and ken are posting here)

Whether you get the reasons you like the styles you repeatedly post or not, there are bigger- much much bigger- reasons than 'young girls in pretty clothes' ;p

Whether you get the reasons you like the styles you repeatedly post or not, there are bigger- much much bigger- reasons than 'young girls in pretty clothes' ;p
if you continue past the much bigger reasons, it comes full circle.

chanelpaolo.jpg

in chanel (couture, i imagine). photo by roversi.

Oh boy, what fun I've missed in a days time. Seriously all, back on topic or I'll close it.

P.S. Not really, it was good for a laugh, but really, please back on topic. ;)

so it only took Kenickie going to jail to get Joe back? if i had known this i'd have gotten arrested sooner. i was wearing an amazing tee shirt (it said filthy nasty dirty south) for my mug shot and my helmut lang jacket. safe to say i was the hottest bitch in Fulton County lock up.

tumblr_mfkbqgHoHV1qdqkw2o1_400.gif

here's that photo of kiko for numero tokyo.

tumblr_mfcpq72NKK1qfvho3o1_r3_500.jpg

what happened in this thread while i was gone? that photo of the girl in celine is silly awesome. basketball at a bowling alley in a three thousand dollar dress. fashion!

Last edited:
unsure if you were arrested or if i'm just oblivious to the cultural reference.
/glad ur back, if the former :]