• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

another depressing report from al jazeera: Dark side of Pakistan bangle industry

;)

thanks Joe!

_________
biqzj5.jpg

Agatha Ruiz of Prada

i still like this a lot...
lol

<3

Edit:
oops, thought that would change the page

^ np dude. i like that look too. this really just happened right now, weather outside is gloomy, overcast, sprinkling... a bummer for friday night. but seeing the playful use of color in the look instantly cheered me up and i smiled :)

i'll throw in some more color. these jackets get me emotional:

Junya Watanabe Womenswear A/W12
885607.jpg

885616.jpg

885625.jpg

and for good measure, a great ed. rave new world: karmen pedaru by alasdair mclellan for vogue uk may 2012

^haaha yes !

Joe the fashion pirate.
;-D

those jackets are amazing :D
i like the sleeves a lot, they have nice sleeves.
;)

Edit:
i say a lot a lot

=D

^ lmao, pirate chic :p

ahh yea, another gloomy day, made tolerable by this thread :). madonna, fuck yea. 80s style icon! that gif is dripping with swagger. its a coincidence u post that, because i just saw she launched her own fragrance, "truth or dare" not that im interested in it, its a heavy floral, older woman scent. cool bottle design tho.

came across a pic of cassie rockin the givenchy birds of paradise print

was trend hunting and found that capes are in for 2012 +

NSFW:

33wvaco.jpg

:D

lolol

^ o0o a little occultism never hurt anybody. man she looks ready to sacrifice a virgin. whats that pic from ? a film ?

speaking of capes, the word instantly reminds me of gwyneth paltrow @ the oscars this year in tom ford:
Take-5-Gwyneth.jpg

apparently inspired by jackie o's 1961 white inaugural ball gown
jackie-o-kennedy-style-1961-inaugural-ball-cape-white-outfit.jpg

"That was the dress and I thought, 'it's a little different but it's sort of a throwback.' I saw a pic of Jackie O in a white dress with a cape and it's been a while since anyone's worn a cape, frankly, except for Superman."

^ gwyneth by far got my vote for best dressed. wish that article would say who made jackie o's. probably valentino, but that would have been my guess before even seeing it. ohp, apparently "made by bergdorf goodman's ethel frankau but designed by the first lady herself," according to a huffington post article.

^ fabulous, *bookmarked.

i feel you hydro... gwyneth looked damned elegant at the oscars. for some reason that look just screams sharon stone to me =/ i suspect it has something to do with the white dress she wore in her infamous scene from Basic Instinct, even tho they aren't similar. funny how the mind works.

* Balenciaga Fall/Winter 2012-13 details

im just realizing this design is from liquid sky

Last edited:
^<nsfw>
^yeah...

=D

The fellow who directed and wrote Erotic Kill also wrote and directed Venus In Furs...

NSFW:

karl-lagerfeld-peter-marino-2010-9-15-5-40-16.jpg

histoire habite en l'arts.
truer words have never been spoken. glad ya dug the video. wild how many trunks a woman would take on a voyage 8( but maybe not really, considering the times, means of travel, etc. my personal fav was the chocolate box of handbags, delicious :D

from /r/pics: People in suits hold a protest against a planned Abercrombie & Fitch store on Savile Row, London
2coZg.jpg

^^^ that, sir, is the best fucking thing i have seen today! :D

a shirt i really fucking want

tumblr_m25onjXHVT1qf97hqo1_500.jpg

Ataui Deng at Rick Owens Spring/Summer 2012

tumblr_m2wbv1YeYW1qgjvz2o1_500.jpg

hard as a motherfucker