• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

^ congrats on the new jobs, ballin

have no idea who the model with the icy cold stare is.

im dying to see this documentary, "Girl Model" that exposes the dark underbelly of the modeling world.

interview with director @ http://vimeo.com/38579576

PiP i know ya like books, you'll dig this.

Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations is the stunning new exhibition catalogue from The Metropolitan Museum’s Costume Institute. A captivating exploration of the striking similarities between Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada, the book features insightful texts and stunning photographs to create a ‘conversation’ between two iconic fashion designers

schiaparelli-and-prada.jpg

s-and-p-open.jpg

s-and-p-open2.jpg

back-cover.jpg

can't wait for video of the exhibition in the meantime peep the images @ http://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2012/impossible-conversations

1.ElsaSchiaparelli1932ByGeorgeHoynignen-Huene.jpg

lookin at the above pic, i couldn't help but think of this song ;)

Last edited:
wow that's crazy cool joe!

i bought fucking bloomers, I DON'T KNOW i just did, i mean, seersucker?

AAAAC8-T_3gAAAAAAa-ekQ.jpg

i live in the deep south, i'm allowed seersucker. Pander has a smart as fuck seersucker suit, fucking love that classic southern shit.

eta:

Givenchy

tumblr_m1tj7aaetA1qheeok

The Throne

tumblr_m1svmljsK81qlwazro1_500.jpg

Last edited:
fashion tumblr i really adore right now

welldressedfortheapocalypse.tumblr.com

examples:

tumblr_m20afpaXQF1r8fdjf

tumblr_l9jco7C6N01qz7lyro1_500.png

tumblr_m1x8bwThdX1r8fdjfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2107rJCuZ1qjiz8bo1_500.jpg

also, a rick ownes i really really really really really really really like from SS 2004

tumblr_lz42xiLNZn1qm86p7

sick batch of pics. i wanna see the front of the first one with the harness belt.

cool apocalypse tumblr. darkness reigns.

some amusing tumblr fashion ;p
tumblr_m1vps3yr3F1qlveo4

if you take out a subscription to vogue right now you get a year of their archive. i mean their entire run -- from 1892 onwards is digitized. i'm tempted to do it just for that! to go through editorials from the 20s? SWOON.

tumblr_m26eaqJem71qepugjo1_500.gif

^ good deal considering a yearly subscription to the archive is $1575.

lol i remember that song and saw Dimitry dj Drum and Bass once before.
awesome, never knew he spun DNB, just recently been playing his compilation albums. very... chic.

from gaws.fr
tumblr_m1mrv69fuf1qdnz90o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m17bsnxW0w1qcdg4no1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1g0o1Jhtb1qcdg4no1_500.jpg

Dimitri was with DJ Shadow and other artists from the lable Moving Shadow, that was in Austin TX so, that was as chic as it was getting ;) I wasnt familiar with him at the time, this was in the late 90's, and so hearing what he produced and ordinarily spun was a shocker.

$1575 for some picture books ?!?
thats where all these kids Prada money is going.
;-)
from gaws.fr
tumblr_m17bsnxW0w1qcdg4no1_500.jpg

^i love how casual this looks, the way the skirt is so bunched and clumpy, heavy, transparent and light at the same time, what does the back of the jacket do? does it cover her butt lol i wanna see now...the leather and that sheer stretchy material(forgot the term, i have some actually;-) i guess helps create that density illusion along with the few sharp lines and long curves, very nice.

thats a tricky photographer too!
lol

what is she holding there
?!?

Last edited:
haaha i dont have chiffon.

im thinking of some cheap stuff, a 2 way polyester stretchy knit fabric.

hmm, the edges like that make it too tech and goth for me, im stuck on the madame gres type design approach stuff, the classic and crafted, not as futuristic stem punk - personally. still looking though, so well done, that model is beautiful....
:)

NSFW:

gresclassicumbrella.jpg

this is the last fabric i bought, not sure what the material is but it is nice, actually feels like a thin soft type of canvas.
5'x3'

10mrjiu.jpg

Last edited:
Ralph Lauren spikes
28wmf6.jpg

Viktor & Rolf
mv3xuc.jpg

71048p.jpg

Viktor & Rolf Silk and Leather

________
90ac6h.jpg

2013 colors

i really like these, they remind me of colors often used in India and Vedic culture but pop art, mineral and natural dye pastel tones.

Last edited:
David Simons is replacing John G @ Dior, since he's resigned at Jil Sander to make room for... Jil Sander.

thoughts?

^ o0o, its official like a referee with whistle. i was sorta hoping it would be haider ackermann, he woulda been a great fit at dior. but raf is definitely the more exciting choice.

i hear ya pip, when it comes to the "goth" influence there's a thin line, cross it and it definitely goes into a more "costume-y" look. nice madame gres designs especially like the middle silhouette. and sick spikes.

there's a viktor and rolf documentary http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1694575/ can stream it from amazon for $2.00 :D

let's wish marc a happy birthday

tumblr_m1h8l9lBCc1rrv3x8o1_500.jpg

lol happy bday and gooodnight mark

As far as goth goes though*****;-)
that is perfect craftsmanship.

Viktor and Rolf are pretty interesting! and $2 sounds reasonable, probably learn a lot too. the Dutch, they can not help but be so technical about everything can they, amazing work.

Kenickie: all i know about Dior is that is that i love everything they put out, and they are always in trouble...
Dior
241kx8z.jpg

2v3kkt3.jpg

_________
1zeuj6f.jpg

Dior

@ HAAC: its true, since the OP, posting in this thread has always been a big event ;)
this post took me like 45 minutes?!

<3
=D

its gonna be a trip to see where raf takes the house after 15 years of galliano. must of been a bummer for galliano's assistant knowing his job wasn't gonna last. his last collection was pretty good. refined, elegance.

image-3.jpg

john g should know not to make disparaging remarks about jews if he wants to keep his job

even rappers know not to make such a faux pas

because i'm totally into game of thrones this season, i found a nice little tumblr called game of style. i love the costumes in this show, but it's nice to see anyone get the couture treatment. my favourite character is Asha Greyjoy, the only daughter of Balon Greyjoy, King of the Iron Islands, the kraken! she leads the kraken fleet of ships, and is posed to take over her father's throne, despite her handicap (vagina). she's a total badass bitch. this is her:

tumblr_m21gcgFSL21r6vn2zo3_r3_250.gif
tumblr_m21gcgFSL21r6vn2zo2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m21gcgFSL21r6vn2zo1_r1_250.gif

and some of the couture given to her:

tumblr_m25im0dlXK1rsdyc4o1_500.jpg

Jill Stuart 2010

tumblr_m27x22azBI1rsdyc4o1_500.jpg

Sophia Kokawoski 2010

tumblr_m295ljhGqi1rsdyc4o1_500.jpg

Ann Demeulemeester S/S 2010