• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

I thought the general feeling was way too safe this year with a few exceptions. That said, I LOVED this dress

Jessica-Chastain-Pictures-Oscars-2012.jpg

Angelina looked ridiculous and ridiculously hot on the stage during her presenting. I mean seriously? I totally agree with posing on the red carpet but to make it all about you when you're giving an award to someone else is kinda tacky...

you know who else i really liked?

sandra bullock in marchesa

tumblr_m036vahjFD1qexijzo1_500.jpg

i really liked all the colour too.

viola davis in vera wang

tumblr_m02wats4x11qdkxkxo1_500.jpg

emma stone in giambattista valli couture

tumblr_m036ag7M8U1qzmr6mo1_500.jpg

the williams sisters

tumblr_m036k7jekV1qd9mjso1_500.jpg

Man, I disagree with all your picks kenick. =D Besides Rooney & Emma at that fashion show. Those dresses are the best.

that's awesome!

i was actually coming here to post about Balenciaga because girlcrush Kstew is supposed to make her debut as their new fragrance face at that show

sure looked the part

tumblr_m07uv1AcAG1rpdb4po2_500.jpg

tumblr_m07uz39Kv71qdx8ryo1_500.jpg

i love their weirdo prints

tumblr_m07ujccaVW1qaxqdgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m07tdfJ7eo1qbjd2x.jpg

one more

tumblr_m07tryqzFZ1r5zssgo1_500.jpg

i spy with my little eye a wintour!

also, sexy leather pants bb

the collection is gettin mixed to negative responses. personally and im the farthest thing from a fashion critic, but i dig it and would love to see Kstew in some of the pieces, i think she could rock the looks well.

the collection is gettin mixed to negative responses. personally and im the farthest thing from a fashion critic, but i dig it and would love to see Kstew in some of the pieces, i think she could rock the looks well.

oh please. if not you, then who? as far as i'm concerned, anyone can do this because anyone and everyone wears clothes, and that gives everyone a say so.

some people just happen to be better at it than everyone else, and those are the people who managed to con some sucker to get paid to bitch about shoes.

oh please. if not you, then who? as far as i'm concerned, anyone can do this because anyone and everyone wears clothes, and that gives everyone a say so.

some people just happen to be better at it than everyone else, and those are the people who managed to con some sucker to get paid to bitch about shoes.

yea, you're right. just reading some blogs, posts, articles by people who have like an encyclopedic knowledge citing specific looks from collections of past years/decades im like okay... but sometimes its fun to go back and look the stuff up to see if its true. that kind of knowledge only comes with time. right now im just like if it looks cool / attractive, im fuckin wit it.

besides:
tumblr_lxt52vwfy41qeu6iuo1_500.jpg

well, this is a pretty boring post, whatever

GRIMES is playing monday and boy have i never wanted to impress someone as bad as I wanna impress this bitch. i'm in it for the long haul. if her after party is in god damned Alpharetta or Marietta or any other fucking -etta that isn't Atlanta, I don't care, I'll be there. Likely it will be in another shit fuck dive bar like the Drunken Unicorn, but I don't care. last night i cut up a leotard that was nearing the end of it's life and put it together with some american apparel slut/club wear and i think i have decided on it as my outfit.

j81usk.jpg

ua78y.jpg

now the big question is, fellow fashionistas, is

tights or no tights?

also, fuck, why can't i just be azealia banks?

tumblr_m09ucuttPo1qad2kfo1_500.jpg

yo, that's fuckin hot. as to the question, tights or no tights? hmm... imo, it's a coin toss, can't go wrong either way. great legs, show em off!

lmao at the bar name "Drunken Unicorn"

lol, i know, right? their logo looks like ferrari or porsche or something

372992_50775222658_1568039120_n.jpg

lookin' good Kenickie. have way too much fun tomorrow.

just cause i'm already posting...
i have new favorite model. well, other than elle of course. she's featured in this strange, ultra-bright, beautiful shoot for Lula, but for some reason they don't credit her. tumblr has since informed me that her name is valerie van der graaf. i already posted some of my favorite shots of her in "tasteful pics" thread, so i'll limit myself here.

gaafforfrenchglamour.jpg

love the outfit.

unfortunately the only person to scan her Lula shoot to share with the internet used a machine that just wasn't up to the task.

oops

now that the original has been pulled and is getting this press, any sold before topshop caught their mistake are now probably worth several times more than whatever ridiculous price they started out at.

and because it's basically just the three of us in here, here is the cover of the new dazed & confused, featuring our lady of the moment, GRIMES

tumblr_m0l9up2lrq1qbkhkdo1_500.jpg

she's wearing a Givenchy haute Couture headpiece/earrings

tumblr_m02iavCP3t1qbovnfo1_500.gif

love you, little grimey bitch <3 <3

also, i want to say, that as soon as i saw the cover, i told PB -- that's givenchy! he was like what. and i said, the jewelry, it's givenchy. this is the first time i've been able to recognize a designer without any trouble that isn't Chanel or Helmut Lang or another of my <3 <3 favourite houses. COOL, ISN'T IT? :D

eta: the photo was taken and/styled by Hedi Slimane, new head bitch at Yves St Laurent! way to go bb!

Last edited:
i thought so. i was gonna say, some lips. that gif is perfect.

and it's awesome to see claire making a cover in couture. a new avatar in celebration--very nice! on top of the great music, she seems pretty sweet.